Humbled Zach Wilson Meets With Press, Takes Accountability for Past Failures, Positive on Future

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Tenn, Fins, Steelers?  GB?  Not a lot for sure but certainly not 0.  You don’t have to have 300 yards and 3 TDs to have played well.  Especially as a rookie or 2nd year player who missed time.

Reminds me of when people used to rag Josh Allen, claim he sucked because he didn’t thro for 300 yards through 3 seasons.

When the Jets needed to score with the game on the line they opened things up and Zach was at his best.  

MiLF seemed to give up on developing him last year and told him to take shortcuts.  

The MiLF staff was a mistake.  Knapp might have been enough - but there was too much inexperienced coaching there.  

The Jets are wise to try to actually develop Wilson now.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

When the Jets needed to score with the game on the line they opened things up and Zach was at his best.  

MiLF seemed to give up on developing him last year and told him to take shortcuts.  

The MiLF staff was a mistake.  Knapp might have been enough - but there was too much inexperienced coaching there.  

This must be like what living in Jonestown was like

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yes just as I thought.  You have zero quantitative evidence to support your undying Zach Wilson loyalty

0, that’s what you came away with.  And that I have an undying loyalty to Zach. Because I said: “Not a lot for sure but certainly not 0. 🤡

From the guy who saw not one decent game from him, just can’t at it anything while obsessing over someone who will not be a real part of the team.  

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yes just as I thought.  You have zero quantitative evidence to support your undying Zach Wilson loyalty

JN has been upfront she bases her assessment on her eye test. No qualms about that. She’s up front about what she believes and not trying to put lipstick on bad stats and say they are secretly great.

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You must realize that when you have to look this hard for positives, you are making the opposite case...

And if you think it’s wise to try to develop him, you must agree we need an actual QB2 so we don’t have to abandon that development early like when the first (or was it second?) rebuild crashed and burned when Mike White got hurt.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

0, that’s what you came away with.  And that I have an undying loyalty to Zach. Because I said: “Not a lot for sure but certainly not 0. 🤡

From the guy who saw not one decent game from him, just can’t at it anything while obsessing over someone who will not be a real part of the team.  

Look you have an incredibly broad definition of the term decent.  I get it.  You probably considered Hackenberg to be just average 

58 minutes ago, jgb said:

You must realize that when you have to look this hard for positives, you are making the opposite case...

And if you think it’s wise to try to develop him, you must agree we need an actual QB2 so we don’t have to abandon that development early like when the first (or was it second?) rebuild crashed and burned when Mike White got hurt.

Not really.  MiLF sucked. 

Mike White scored about the same amount.  Because MiLF sucked.  Flacco scored as little as the other 2.   Because MiLF sucked.  

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Not really.  MiLF sucked. 

Mike White scored about the same amount.  Because MiLF sucked.  Flacco scored as little as the other 2.   Because MiLF sucked.  

Mike White was a 6th round pick who no one let sniff the field before the Jets. That’s your measure for the 2nd overall pick and supposed future FQB? Boy, you’re doing worse for you own case than any “hater” ever could!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Mike White was a 6th round pick who no one let sniff the field before the Jets. That’s your measure for the 2nd overall pick and supposed future FQB? Boy, you’re doing worse for you own case than any “hater” ever could!

No.   If you read the post carefully you will notice I subtly suggested MiLF sucked.   I decided to post that because because he sucks. 

25 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

No.   If you read the post carefully you will notice I subtly suggested MiLF sucked.   I decided to post that because because he sucks. 

Your basis for saying MILF sucks is that… nobody MW and ancient Flacco didn’t look like all pros? With defenders like you, Zach don’t need detractors.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

The chest thumping by Die-Hard Zach Stans over Mike White is embarrassing.  

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:
The chest thumping by Die-Hard Zach Stans over Mike White is embarrassing.  

Don't agree with the chest thumping. ... But I will not hesitate to say Zach has a lot more ability and talent than brittle bone white. But Mike did have his day vs the Bengals. That was a thing of beauty.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Don't agree with the chest thumping. ... But I will not hesitate to say Zach has a lot more ability and talent than brittle bone white. But Mike did have his day vs the Bengals. That was a thing of beauty.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brittle bone White? Compared to Iron Man Zach Wilson who has missed significant time due to injury both years in the league including last preseason and a quarter of the regular season after tripping over a blade of grass? And that doesn’t even count the games he missed due to his brittle psyche and shattered confidence.

Get outta here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
4 hours ago, Matt39 said:
Zach Wilson would like to live in Nashville. Perhaps the Jets should have asked him a couple of years ago if he would actually move to New York.

I've be we been to Nashville but I really want to go!

Perhaps he needs a roommate 

What’s wrong with a millionaire having multiple homes?

Most players live in Florida or California in the offseason.  He’s choosing Tennessee.

Players can’t spend time in the facility like they used to.  
It’s against the rules.  

Unless he gets cut/tradeded Nashville is replacing Salt Lake City not NJ.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

So I think he deserves a second chance to show his play is improved based on his humility and accountability so far.

i’d be shocked if he didn’t get another chance.  They already spend the draft pick, might as well see it through to completion.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

What’s wrong with a millionaire having multiple homes?

Most players live in Florida or California in the offseason.  He’s choosing Tennessee.

Players can’t spend time in the facility like they used to.  
It’s against the rules.  

Unless he gets cut/tradeded Nashville is replacing Salt Lake City not NJ.  

He could spend 365 days a year in the facility if he wanted to. 

53 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

i’d be shocked if he didn’t get another chance.  They already spend the draft pick, might as well see it through to completion.

True , I was more speaking to jets fans. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

So I think he deserves a second chance to show his play is improved based on his humility and accountability so far. 

Just curious when you think that chance should be.

You going to sit/cut Aaron Rodgers in 2023 or 2024 to play Zack for that 2nd chance?

His fifth year option likely will not be taken, given his play vs. cost, and limited opportunity to "show improvement" as a backup worthy of that fifth year cost.

So when were you thinking it would happen?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just curious when you think that chance should be.

You going to sit/cut Aaron Rodgers in 2023 or 2024 to play Zack for that 2nd chance?

His fifth year option likely will not be taken, given his play vs. cost, and limited opportunity to "show improvement" as a backup worthy of that fifth year cost.

So when were you thinking it would happen?

Looks as if you missed all the sarcasm dripping off of that post.