1JD & Hard Knocks

Cool episode. I think shows like this can selectively edit to push a narrative but I found it sincere when Saleh and JD said "you are one of us". I think the players they kept are exactly that. Seems like they are higher on Xav but they really like Brownlee too and maybe they didn't want to separate them either. Probably helps that Rodgers liked both too. 2 UDFA WR making a team is really unusual.

I suspect next season will be even my cutthroat than normal after the Jets lovefest. You could not pay me to see that broadway show though. 

Mostly though and again I don't think it is editing, I think the Jets have incredibly likeable players. Most seasons you can tell that many of them are just complete assholes.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Noticed Carl Lawson only got one little quick shot of him tonight, and maybe I'm wrong but that may have been his only appearance in all 5 eps. that I can remember.

Weird,  as he's got a great tv personality and I liked watching him when he was featured on 1JD.

Meaning I wouldn't be surprised if he rather then Huff is traded to a team in need at some point 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lawson is not getting traded SMH. The first game is in 5 days lol

LOL.. Didn't mean now, expecting McD to take off and Lawson, probably being his last year, a better option over Huff who many throw out there as a trade deadline option of Oct 31st. I prefer they keep them all ...

2 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Meaning I wouldn't be surprised if he rather then Huff is traded to a team in need at some point 

Think I agree with this. I think Saleh and JD know how valuable Huff is to this team. I feel like they need to keep Huff, McDonald and JJ together to really attack. Lawson is the guy you'd want to replace next year anyway. So figured he'd be a trade piece. Not a very attractive one but something. 

13 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Cool episode. I think shows like this can selectively edit to push a narrative but I found it sincere when Saleh and JD said "you are one of us". I think the players they kept are exactly that. Seems like they are higher on Xav but they really like Brownlee too and maybe they didn't want to separate them either. Probably helps that Rodgers liked both too. 2 UDFA WR making a team is really unusual.

I suspect next season will be even my cutthroat than normal after the Jets lovefest. You could not pay me to see that broadway show though. 

Mostly though and again I don't think it is editing, I think the Jets have incredibly likeable players. Most seasons you can tell that many of them are just complete assholes.

It's a great story, and I really like those two kids, but the WR room is one Garrett Wilson injury away from being one of the worst in the NFL. The Corey Davis retirement was a major blow. One of them - likely Brownlee - should be on the practice squad right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

It's a great story, and I really like those two kids, but the WR room is one Garrett Wilson injury away from being one of the worst in the NFL. The Corey Davis retirement was a major blow. One of them - likely Brownlee - should be on the practice squad right now.

I don't agree. Brownlee would have been claimed. Rodgers really likes both of these guys. If any team loses an elite WR their WR corps are seriously degraded. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I don't agree. Brownlee would have been claimed. Rodgers really likes both of these guys. If any team loses an elite WR their WR corps are seriously degraded. 

Brownlee making another team's 53 is - at best - a maybe. 

The Jets are trying out any FA wide receiver with a pulse right now to see if they can upgrade the room. 

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know I'm late. But after watching those two wr make the te, you damn well know Rodgers made that call.

You can't convince me other wise. Rodger picked those two dudes. It is rare that two undrafted WRs make it let alone 1

These two owe their spot to working their ass off with Rodgers.

Good for them

And Mims and Moore were his call too before he got on the field.   Rodgers doesn’t want guys who cause interceptions and don’t know their routes.

He’s willing to work with WRs who put in the work to learn it all.  

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know I'm late. But after watching those two wr make the te, you damn well know Rodgers made that call.

You can't convince me other wise. Rodger picked those two dudes. It is rare that two undrafted WRs make it let alone 1

These two owe their spot to working their ass off with Rodgers.

Good for them

May be true but with Davis retiring...what other options were there really? They were next in line, played well, earned it. Don't think it was a Rodgers thing so much.

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Jets front office really controlled the narrative of this show. Every other season of HK, they show the meetings of players getting cut. Rather, in this season, they showed players being told they made the team. 

Classy move by the Jets, and glad they handled it that way.

It was more enjoyable too. I never liked the cut segments they just seemed cruel, especially the ones where the head coach doesn't even meet with them

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hal said:

And Mims and Moore were his call too before he got on the field.   Rodgers doesn’t want guys who cause interceptions and don’t know their routes.

He’s willing to work with WRs who put in the work to learn it all.  

It's actually pretty awesome. A QB shouldn't have to do it, and Zach wasn't capable enough but it is very nice that he brought in cook too

12 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

May be true but with Davis retiring...what other options were there really? They were next in line, played well, earned it. Don't think it was a Rodgers thing so much.

There were other wr that could have made.it. hell the one guy caught two tds the other day. It was def Rogers call.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:01 AM, y2k8 said:

Brownlee making another team's 53 is - at best - a maybe. 

The Jets are trying out any FA wide receiver with a pulse right now to see if they can upgrade the room. 

Still think that after watching KC's "receivers"?  Kadarius Toney may have had the worst game by a receiver I can remember. It is difficult for a WR to almost single-handedly lose a game (what Berrios did last year was not win it) they way he did.

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Overall very boring. Even with the Jets on it was pretty flat. Didnt really offer much underneath the hood. All rah rah. Show seems to be on life support. The Rex season was a lot more enjoyable. 

Ratings suggest other wise. It was the highest rated season of Hard Knocks ever. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2023 at 3:20 PM, y2k8 said:

Charles is a decent backfill for Davis. Only keeping 2 QBs made up for the roster spot. 

don’t sleep on the production that they will get out of Hall and Cook. Could be 150+ yards a game. 

Hack likes 12 personnel slightly more than most.  Conklin could have a big year. 

Lazard , Hardman and Cobb are all going to be good. It’s ok lol. 

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

There were other wr that could have made.it. hell the one guy caught two tds the other day. It was def Rogers call.

They're really wasn't lol. Just because he caught two td's in the 4th qtr of a preseason game doesn't mean he's better. 

I think Gibson will add a lot to this offense with his speed. Irv Charles will be great on special teams and between him and Brownlee, both add big bodies to the offense. Should be a fun group.

37 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Still think that after watching KC's "receivers"?  Kadarius Toney may have had the worst game by a receiver I can remember. It is difficult for a WR to almost single-handedly lose a game (what Berrios did last year was not win it) they way he did.

I'm not sure what Toney's historically bad night has to do with the debate if Brownlee would have made another team's 53 and not rejoined the Jets Practice Squad.

Brownleee did not blow people away in the preseason. He was ok. A lot of teams had WRs who were just as good. 

Apparently while the Jets were trying out a bunch of receivers the other day, Brownlee was out buying a $75k sports car. I hope for his sake he is as good as you think he is.

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

Charles is a decent backfill for Davis. Only keeping 2 QBs made up for the roster spot. 

don’t sleep on the production that they will get out of Hall and Cook. Could be 150+ yards a game. 

Hack likes 12 personnel slightly more than most.  Conklin could have a big year. 

Lazard , Hardman and Cobb are all going to be good. It’s ok lol. 

I think you are right about having Hall and Cook on the field at the same time to boost the receiving talent. 

• Upvote 1