1JD & Hard Knocks

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

As opposed to 8 hours of viewing for 0 minutes of action?

Are you referring to watching golf?  Because that's a nutty comment, golf coverage is literally a sportscenter highlight reel.  It's like watching the RedZone channel, all it shows is highlights, replays and live shots.  Not coaches standing on the sidelines looking a plastic sheet, or some goof ball dressed up like a moron in the stands, or 3 hours of commercials, or 35 minutes of replaying and debating what is clearly a catch is not actually a catch,  not a bunch of jack asses in a circle playing grab ass, or not having to wait for some 300 lb man to pick himself up off the ground after he stubbed his toe.

I hope (but doubt) HK will be as good as in years past (especially the Rex Ryan yr).

JoeD/Saleh said (or I just read somewhere) the Jets have final review/say over every frame of HK and plan on keeping as much secret as possible (not to give other teams insight). Saleh also said Jets won't allow footage of players getting cut, says it's cruel. 

So as much as we all hope for good insight to TC, plan on being even more bored than JetsDrive. There will still be some good 'behind the scenes' footage for fringe guys like Brownlee, maybe see where he grew up, his apartment now, roomates, etc.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Are you referring to watching golf?  Because that's a nutty comment, golf coverage is literally a sportscenter highlight reel.  It's like watching the RedZone channel, all it shows is highlights, replays and live shots.  Not coaches standing on the sidelines looking a plastic sheet, or some goof ball dressed up like a moron in the stands, or 3 hours of commercials, or 35 minutes of replaying and debating what is clearly a catch is not actually a catch,  not a bunch of jack asses in a circle playing grab ass, or not having to wait for some 300 lb man to pick himself up off the ground after he stubbed his toe.

So we are on a football message board trying to convince others golf is more excitingthen football.  Good grief.....................

Even the dalvin cook pipe dream thread is better then this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

When you follow the team the way the vast majority of us do, there’s not much that 1JD can show that’s going to be new

I’m trying to remember when HKs became a hard hitting news like show, breaking news at every turn.  Like they don’t show players with their families, players at social events, players talking on field, what’s different?

Wondering why if it were why so many claim they haven’t watched it in years?

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m trying to remember when HKs became a hard hitting news like show, breaking news at every turn.  Like they don’t show players with their families, players at social events, players talking on field, what’s different?

Wondering why if it were why so many claim they haven’t watched it in years?

Hard Knocks created the genre, they have been doing it for 20 years are staffed by the best in the sports documentary business.

1JD is a derivative facsimile. It's professionally done but lacks any cohesive narrative.

HK will pick a few stars and a few bottom of the roster guys, and follow them week after week. That formula works really well. Their intent is to tell a story.

1JD just shows you a bunch of stuff. Their intent is to sell tickets to Jets games.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So we are on a football message board trying to convince others golf is more excitingthen football.  Good grief.....................

Even the dalvin cook pipe dream thread is better then this.

Ask any Football player if they rather have a Super Bowl, or a Green Jacket....

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ask any Football player if they rather have a Super Bowl, or a Green Jacket....

Any sport if you haven’t played it, don’t understand it, don’t have a rooting interest is boring.

I started playing golf when I was 14 and I love it. Watch it almost every Sunday. 

it’s easily the most boring sport to watch on TV for people that haven’t played it. 

“Rory found the fairway on this difficult par 4 into a left to right breeze”

Ultimate Warrior Sport GIF by WWE

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I 100% am referring to watching golf.  Curling is more exciting.  By far.

Now if we're tslking about watching that Paige chick play golf...  that's exciting.  I'll break a sweat watching her crochet.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The game was on Thursday. Thought they could have cut down the Rodgers golf stuff and included the game at the end. 

You didn’t say ceremonies?  Which were Saturday.  You think turn around, with editing etc is easy from Thursday to Monday?  Or think the show should have jumped from 1st day of camp to a preseason game?  

Did we not watch the game?  

Just now, Mike135 said:

I 100% am referring to watching golf.  Curling is more exciting.  By far.

Now if we're tslking about watching that Paige chick play golf...  that's exciting.  I'll break a sweat watching her crochet.

Except that it’s not.  If you know what takes to play like these guys play, how hard it is to make the shots they make you would find it exciting to watch

29 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Hard Knocks created the genre, they have been doing it for 20 years are staffed by the best in the sports documentary business.

1JD is a derivative facsimile. It's professionally done but lacks any cohesive narrative.

HK will pick a few stars and a few bottom of the roster guys, and follow them week after week. That formula works really well. Their intent is to tell a story.

1JD just shows you a bunch of stuff. Their intent is to sell tickets to Jets games.

I don’t see the huge difference.  Never mind I was referring to the comment that 1JD is a fluff piece.  Or that HKs isn’t.  Following a bottom of the roster player a few times isn’t what the show is and isn’t news.  It’s fluff.  Not saying its format is exactly the same but 1JD is well done for what it is and what it costs to produce without having HBO’s $

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You didn’t say ceremonies?  Which were Saturday.  You think turn around, with editing etc is easy from Thursday to Monday?  Or think the show should have jumped from 1st day of camp to a preseason game?  

Did we not watch the game?  

They could have. Thursday to Monday is plenty of time. They do quick turnarounds all the time. Part of the job.

It's just a propaganda show with fillers. They're never gonna show hard times or too much BTS that the PR team doesn't want out there.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except that it’s not.  If you know what takes to play like these guys play, how hard it is to make the shots they make you would find it exciting to watch

Chess takes a tremendous amount of skill to be great at.  Is that exciting to watch?

Some things just aren't built for spectators.

Playing golf can be fun.  Nice day, out in nature, buddies, 12 pack of brews...

Basically golf is like fantasy football.  Can be a blast for the players, but no one outside gives two craps.  Imo.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

They could have. Thursday to Monday is plenty of time. They do quick turnarounds all the time. Part of the job.

It's just a propaganda show with fillers. They're never gonna show hard times or too much BTS that the PR team doesn't want out there.

I’ve done editing.  You don’t know the time takes.  Especially when there’s no need to.  They’re going to follow a timeline.  Reporting day, a couple of weeks of practice time.  Then HOF inductions of Revis and Klecko along with the 1st game.

Of course the show is a promotional piece.  Who doesn’t know this?  And what’s wrong with it?  Who would expect more than that?  But more to the point, the idea that HKs is hard hitting and isn’t put out by the NFL to promote the league, to creat interest in NFL football or that that the version funded and put out by an individual team wouldn’t go as soft as possible is naive 

12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Observations :

1. Rogers is generational ... His passes are really a thing of beauty.
2. Q having night duty is criminal ... Get that guy a nanny quick.
3. Golf is indeed boring.
4. Method Man stole the show.
5. Sauce is emoji41.png.
6. Didn't hear much to write home about from Saleh.
7. Sprinkler shots edged out floating slo motion balls to nowhere.
8. Lack of Eisen hurts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

thought the exact same thing on Q.

someone better tell him to get a night nurse for the next 6 months.

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Chess takes a tremendous amount of skill to be great at.  Is that exciting to watch?

Basically golf is like fantasy football.  Can be a blast for the players, but no one outside gives two craps.  Imo.

You’re seriously comparing chess to golf?  You seriously think two people staring at a chess board is comparable to watching golfers do things with a club and ball that you could never do in a million years is the same?  
As for the rest, if golf isn’t made for spectators, wondering why it’s on every Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  Every weekend.  Thursday’s and Fridays if it’s a big tournament.  
Who, anywhere compares a sport, a physical activity to fantasy football, where you don’t come close to burning a single calorie, lol

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re seriously comparing chess to golf?  You seriously think two people staring at a chess board is comparable to watching golfers do things with a club and ball that you could never do in a million years is the same?  
As for the rest, if golf isn’t made for spectators, wondering why it’s on every Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  Every weekend.  Thursday’s and Fridays if it’s a big tournament.  
Who, anywhere compares a sport, a physical activity to fantasy football, where you don’t come close to burning a single calorie, lol

Oh I burned at least a few dozen calories cursing at my team for sucking in Weeks 15 and 16 last season.  

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I am comparing the two.  Hey, The Queen's Gambit was a better show than any golf movie/show.  Honorable mention to Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack, and the golf scene from 1990's Navy Seals.

As far as why it's on TV...  we have a large senior population in this country.  They need stuff to watch that doesn’t raise the blood pressure.

That's also likely why dog shows are on TV.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I am comparing the two.  Hey, The Queen's Gambit was a better show than any golf movie/show.  Honorable mention to Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack, and the golf scene from 1990's Navy Seals.

As far as why it's on TV...  we have a large senior population in this country.  They need stuff to watch that doesn’t raise the blood pressure.

That's also likely why dog shows are on TV.

That’s on you.  No one in their right minds calls chess a sport or a physical activity.  You want to make this lame comparison who cares, it’s dumb and you know it.  Enjoy the laugh and move on, you don’t have to get it or it’s appeal. 

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Ummmmm, have you seen the 16th at TCP Scottsdale or 17 at TPC Sawgrass?   lol    Literally built for spectators. 

Speaking of spectators.  Once, when I was at the Masters, as a spectator, I was following the leaders on Sunday and guess who was flowing in the same pack of spectators?  Peyton and Eli chatting up Steph and Del Curry buncha dork burgers. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

THIS is a perfect example of how Hard Knocks will be different to 1JD.

HK can go head long into Zach Wilson dealing with the demotion and his process of rebooting his career. 

It's a juicy storyline that 1JD would never touch.

• Upvote 3