This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

CBs - I have a tough time not putting us number 1. What team has a better top 3 than Sauce, Reed, and MC II? 

Sauce is indubitably a top CB. But he is the reason anyone would put us in the top 3.

Fans overrate Reed and MC2.

As an overall squad, Dallas has Diggs, Gilmore and Bland. Chiefs have Sneed, McDuffie and Watson. Browns have Ward, Newsome and Emerson. Philly has Slay and Bradberry and Maddox. Dolphins have Howard and Ramsey.

• WTF? 2

10 minutes ago, Facts said:

Sauce is indubitably a top CB. But he is the reason anyone would put us in the top 3.

As an overall squad, Dallas has Diggs, Gilmore and Bland. Chiefs have Sneed, McDuffie and Watson. Browns have Ward, Newsome and Emerson. Philly has Slay and Bradberry and Maddox. Dolphins have Howard and Ramsey.

You underrated them. Trash take. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Facts said:

Bruh, what?

Reed has been one of the best CB2 in the league for years and MC2 is one of the best slot CB's In the league.

And no sh*t, take Diggs out of Dallas and their CB situation isn't as good. Take McDuffie (who I like) out of KC and their CB situation isn't as good, etc. What's your point? Lol 

And while really good, no - the Browns, Dallas and Chiefs don't have a better CB trio than the Jets. Same with Dolphins and Ramsey is likely gone for the season. I'll give you Philly. They're the only team that can match the Jets CB wise.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

You're gonna get an awful lot of hate around here in Homerville. But you're absolutely correct. And again, for the record, I hope you (and I) are wrong and this is THE team and we're making a run. I don't see it. The expectations and lables being thrown around this site are insane. But 🤷🏼‍♂️... Some people are just masochists. That crash back to reality this season is going to be a motherf*cker. I'll be enjoying this team and season for what it is - A more competitive roster than we've had in a long time and competent play from the QB position for the first time in forever. A team that will be more entertaining and worth watching than it has been in a decade but, ultimately, not quite enough talent and way too many holes to be a top tier team. 

And. That's. Okay.

Anyone that watched this team last year and thought they were a QB away from a Superbowl is just not being realistic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

You're gonna get an awful lot of hate around here in Homerville. But you're absolutely correct. And again, for the record, I hope you (and I) are wrong and this is THE team and we're making a run. I don't see it. The expectations and lables being thrown around this site are insane. But 🤷🏼‍♂️... Some people are just masochists. That crash back to reality this season is going to be a motherf*cker. I'll be enjoying this team and season for what it is - A more competitive roster than we've had in a long time and competent play from the QB position for the first time in forever. A team that will be more entertaining and worth watching than it has been in a decade but, ultimately, not quite enough talent and way too many holes to be a top tier team. 

And. That's. Okay.

Anyone that watched this team last year and thought they were a QB away from a Superbowl is just not being realistic. 

Jets make the playoffs last season with an average QB and maybe win a game. Wilson being putrid and losing Hall and AVT tanked the season, but even an average QB would have gotten the Jets in the playoffs. 

To me, the o-line scares me. If that gets fixed before the regular season, Jets are clear SB contenders. 

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Same. I just looked at Buffalo's off-season and it actually looks pretty strong. They added Dalton Kincaid, who was one of the best pass-catching TE's in college. Connor McGovern, solid linemen. Drafted Torrence who is apparently a good college linemen. And singed Leonard Floyd, who is a great d-linemen. Not sure where anyone gets that they are in a decline. Probably the same people who said NE was in a decline for 2 decades.

Then I looked at Miami. They traded for Jalen Ramsey who is one of the best Safeties in the league (though hurt at the moment). Signed David Long who is a decent LB. And then a bunch of re-signings. 

I can see the division going close to the exact way it went last year, except maybe we switch places with the Jets.

I am not sure what I am supposed to make of this, or which part is serious.

I am not going to sh*t on anybody's offseason, but McGovern did not grade out very well last season.  The Bills lost Tremaine Edmunds and Devin Singletary and may have an issue with Diggs after his outburst in the playoffs and his missing a couple of days.

The Dolphins lost Gessicki.  I think that Fangio was probably their best addition.  I don't think I've heard of Ramsey at safety since the draft.  Is that where they were planning to play him?  Hasn't he been a corner his entire career?  It was only a meniscus, but he is expected to be out until December.  I don't know what to make of that.

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I can see best RB's if Hall comes back healthy and without missing a beat, Cook reverts back in time for a season or even just for a few weeks, and Michael Carter reverts back to his rookie season. Not to mention whatever Izzy (who I like) or Bam provide. 

And if they don't, who are you putting over them?  (Just want to see where you're setting the bar for "best RBs") . . .

33 minutes ago, Facts said:

Sauce is probably better than every player you mentioned and Reed had a better year last year than almost all of those guys. 

I think it is actually you who is underrating Reed.

MC II was one of the best slot corners in the league last year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not going to sh*t on anybody's offseason, but McGovern did not grade out very well last season.

I don’t know crap about him, just what I read when I searched their off-season moves. The articles said he was solid.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Dolphins lost Gessicki.  I think that Fangio was probably their best addition.  I don't think I've heard of Ramsey at safety since the draft.  Is that where they were planning to play him?  Hasn't he been a corner his entire career?  It was only a meniscus, but he is expected to be out until December.  I don't know what to make of that.

With Waddle and Hill, I don’t think there is enough balls for Geisicki. Especially since he doesn’t block. Not much of a loss in my opinion.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Sauce is probably better than every player you mentioned 

He is. Which is why we have a top 5 CB squad. He is the reason. He’s the best CB in the NFL.

Without him, we are barely top 10.

But we aren’t talking about one guy. We are talking about the whole squad. I would take several full squads over our full squad.

We all know the likelihood of a Superbowl is low.  We are just ecstatic that we should have a team that will win some games, have a good chance at the playoffs, and players that can potentially win playoff games.

Compared to what we have all been through.  Why shouldn't we be excited for this season?

Should we all just blankly stare at the screen during the games with no emotions because "oh the first Qtr TD doesn't mean we will win, let's temper expectations.". Hell no.  The team looks good and it's okay to be excited.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

And if they don't, who are you putting over them?  (Just want to see where you're setting the bar for "best RBs") . . .

The whole best running back conversation is just silly. We are no longer in the 1970s and 1980s. The running back era is gone. Top-tier RB’s aren’t even getting paid.

Bragging about having the best RB’s is like bragging about having the largest peen in the small-peen support group.

Just now, Facts said:

He is. Which is why we have a top 5 CB squad. He is the reason. He’s the best CB in the NFL.

Without him, we are barely top 10.

But we aren’t talking about one guy. We are talking about the whole squad. I would take several full squads over our full squad.

Again, you are underrating Reed, who was better than most of the guys on your list last year. Then, on top of that, MC II had as good a year as any slot corner in the league.

Looking at the top three CB spots, the jets are probably number 1. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly. I think I saw one of Colin cowherd’s underlings (don’t know his name) pick us to win the division. I’m sure there have been others, but he’s the ONLY one I can think of.  Every other person I have heard has Buffalo or Miami winning it. 

Only person I can think of is Dianna Russini.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Probably the 49ers. Other teams with potential that aren't as proven are the Lions (I like the potential of Gibbs paired with Montgomery), and the Falcons (Bijan Robinson is gonna be a good one, he's like Breece Hall)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Again, you are underrating Reed, who was better than most of the guys on your list last year. 

That is just straight nonsense lol.

The Cowboys #1, #2 and #3 CB’s alone, are all better than Reed. And pff ratings backs that up, if that’s your thing. Same with Snead and McDuffie. And Slay and Bradberry.

46 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

What's wrong with using one's imagination?

What's wrong with fantasy? What's wrong with optimism? Hope?

Just because you (might) lack the capacity, doesn't make it so, Schlep rock. Wowzee Wowzee woo woo. 

If you don’t work to convince yourself or anyone else that it’s not hope but fact, nothing.

1 minute ago, Facts said:

The Cowboys #1, #2 and #3 CB’s alone, are all better than Reed. And pff ratings backs that up, if that’s your thing. Same with Snead and McDuffie. And Slay and Bradberry.

1) it’s not my thing. 

2) you are wrong. Reed was a monster in man coverage last year. The jets coaches will tell you he’s one of the best players on the team. 

I think you are lost in the sauce, so to speak. The Jets have an S tier CB room. And, btw, since you like PFF - they agree with me - The Jets CBs, collectively, are really f*cking good 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

1) it’s not my thing. 

2) you are wrong. Reed was a monster in man coverage last year. The jets coaches will tell you he’s one of the best players on the team. 

I think you are lost in the sauce, so to speak. The Jets have an S tier CB room. And, btw, since you like PFF - they agree with me - The Jets CBs, collectively, are really f*cking good 

I’m not a PFF fan. I just toss it in there because sometimes people rely on it so I like to include that at times.

and yes, shocker, our blustering coaching staff speaks highly of its own players.

6 minutes ago, Facts said:

If you're going by PFF, then you'd know that they ranked Sauce, Reed and MC2 all in the top 20 lol. PFF doesn't agree with you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

I’m not a PFF fan. I just toss it in there because sometimes people rely on it so I like to include that at times.

and yes, shocker, our blustering coaching staff speaks highly of its own players.

I was just pointing out that PFF LOVES the Jets CB unit. 

also, not just the coaches, but the players, as well. And, also, not just in absolute terms, but in relation to Sauce Gardner. Reed is a stud. You are very wrong. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) it’s not my thing. 

If they stay healthy, including the whole D front, I'm betting they'll prove you right. No nonsense at all, lol

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

If you're going by PFF, then you'd know that they ranked Sauce, Reed and MC2 all in the top 20 lol. PFF doesn't agree with you. 

No they didn’t.

Reed was in the mid 30’s and MC2 wasn’t even in the top 50.

IMG_1668.thumb.png.07e9f9174f3cb6affea6031d68aa20dd.png

IMG_1669.thumb.png.e143b1c8d707ab13ee60b828eab2bfde.png

7 hours ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

Lots of insane comments.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

kellys-heroes-oddball (1).gif

1 hour ago, Facts said:

The whole best running back conversation is just silly. We are no longer in the 1970s and 1980s. The running back era is gone. Top-tier RB’s aren’t even getting paid.

Bragging about having the best RB’s is like bragging about having the largest peen in the small-peen support group.

Pretty sure I wasn't asking you?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Probably the 49ers. Other teams with potential that aren't as proven are the Lions (I like the potential of Gibbs paired with Montgomery), and the Falcons (Bijan Robinson is gonna be a good one, he's like Breece Hall)

On paper, I don't know if I'd prefer either of those options to what we already have, but of course time will tell.  I still don't think it's an outlandish statement, even if they don't all have stellar years (as the others might not either) . . .

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The op is totally correct on this one.  We have potentially a really good team but one really weak position group can screw everything up.

The oline is like a house of cards in stiff breeze.   All of our great skill on offense wont mean shi* if the oline falters.

#Facts

8 hours ago, Facts said:

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

Lots of insane comments.

you're forgetting one small difference and that's a QB . We were 7-3 at one point before a rash of injuries with no QB to speak of. 

This post is terrible in so many ways its not worth even debating it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Facts said:

This is the 2nd worst post in the thread and almost outdoes the OP

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1