NY Post: Aaron Rodgers to make Jets debut Saturday against Giants

C Mart

2003 Chad Pennington                                                                                                                                                                                                      2013 Mark Sanchez                                                                                                                                                                                                          2023   Please don't be stupid.  Nothing good can come from this.  The Giants would love to ruin the Jets if given the opportunity.  Aaron can always hand the ball off against Buffalo until the time is right to turn it up a notch.  Now is not the time.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Larz said:

Random thought that just popped into my head 

With the Giants game a road game, the jets are sleeping in their own beds from now until 9/11.  

with the Giants game in the regular season a road game, they will be in their own beds for 3 weeks in a row even with a “road” game. 

The Office Pam GIF by MOODMAN

Brah, why are you thinking about players beds?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I think he should not have series one against the Bills be the first time he goes against another team with this cast of characters. 

it’s not just about him anyway

And it will be vanilla plays in (hopefully) max protection with what we hope to be the starting offensive line. I don’t think the offense is going out there and opening up the playbook at all though with checks and hand signals they haven’t used in practice. Seems like an unnecessary risk, but Rodgers isn’t stepping on to the field unless he wants to. And you know the Jets would be absolutely smeared if it went sideways, his decision or not. I’d keep him off the field, but if he wants to play let him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, since1975 said:

2003 Chad Pennington                                                                                                                                                                                                      2013 Mark Sanchez                                                                                                                                                                                                          2023   Please don't be stupid.  Nothing good can come from this.  The Giants would love to ruin the Jets if given the opportunity.  Aaron can always hand the ball off against Buffalo until the time is right to turn it up a notch.  Now is not the time.  

1) Chad Pennington could hurt himself by breathing too hard.

2) The Sanchez injury happened while he was trying to earn the starting job (not close to what Rodgers will be using it for) and effectively ended his era here, so how was that a bad one?  '13 was much more fun with Geno under center than it ever would have been with Sanchez.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Hate this.  If they wanted him to play it should have been this week.  If he gets a minor injury he has more time to get ready.   

Agreed. I don’t see the benefit in him going out there and running a couple series of vanilla plays so close to the season starting.

23 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, I'd much rather he got hurt during the third quarter of the Bills game or 2nd quarter of the Dallas game. 

I'd much rather he got a sprain or a two week injury this past week than the week before the season.  That's why starters used to be used in the 2nd to last preseason game and held out of the final.  It's not about an ACL.  Players gets strains, sprains and minor injuries that hobble them for a couple of weeks.  That's the reason the starters played in pre-season game 3 instead of game 4.  Now there are 3 pre-season games.  They should play a few series in game 2 or not at all. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think it's about the snaps he'll be taking. I think it's everything else that goes with the small details of getting ready to start a game. Getting to the stadium, pregame rituals, processes, talking to the trainers, suiting up, etc etc. This will be Aaron's first time starting a game for the Jets. Doing a dry run-through isn't the worst thing. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron went through it all, handed off the first snap he took, and then took himself out of the game. Gives him something to laugh about for two weeks before 9/11. 

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Hate this.  If they wanted him to play it should have been this week.  If he gets a minor injury he has more time to get ready.   

I don’t think he should play either.

1 or 2 series isn’t going make a difference at this point in terms of being sharp on 9/11.

He got plenty of run in the joint practices, where he had the protection of the red jersey.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

WTF? It 100% has nothing to do with anything. 

Sure it does.  If no big time starters were playing this preseason like in years past, Saleh doesnt even consider playing rodgwrs.

With guys like Mahomes and Wilson playing, he has an out in his back pocket if God forbid rodgers gets hurt.

Media - "Coach, why did you play rodgers in a meaningless game?'

Saleh - "For the same reason Andy Reid and Sean Payton played their starting qbs."

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans will hammer Saleh if Rodgers gets hurt in this game.  Lets be fair and of Rodgers plays well and comes out uninjured, we heap tons of praise on Saleh.

Be fair jet fans!

Not sure how Rodgers getting out of series unhurt is reason to praise the HC?  Now if he gets hurt watch out.

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not sure how Rodgers getting out of series unhurt is reason to praise the HC?  Now if he gets hurt watch out.

This is it. Sure let him go and hand the ball off, throw a screen/slant, whatever. But realize if something happens to him, the “Buttfumble” will pale in comparison and it will never be forgotten.

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Rodgers plays a series, the line cohesively blocks well and we go down the field an score, that is a huge success going into week 1 and should be universally praised by all.

Again, if you are going to bash Saleh if Rodgers gets hurt, then praise Saleh if it is a success.

Be fair jet fans.

13 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

This is it. Sure let him go and hand the ball off, throw a screen/slant, whatever. But realize if something happens to him, the “Buttfumble” will pale in comparison and it will never be forgotten.

Great!  Then if we go down look great and score, it should never be forgotten that Saleh did this and it was a huge success.

Typical Jet fans. Already at their keyboards ready to crush the coach but scatter like cockroaches when it is time for praise.

Be fair jet fans!

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great!  Then if we go down look great and score, it should never be forgotten that Saleh did this and it was a huge success.

Typical Jet fans. Already at their keyboards ready to crush the coach but scatter like cockroaches when it is time for praise.

Be fair jet fans!

It has nothing to do with the coach guy.

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Rodgers plays a series, the line cohesively blocks well and we go down the field an score, that is a huge success going into week 1 and should be universally praised by all.

Again, if you are going to bash Saleh if Rodgers gets hurt, then praise Saleh if it is a success.

Be fair jet fans.

Being fair - if the opposite happens (yes I am purposely not saying because I am superstitous) whether it be untouched or someone rolls up on him, then I am personally paying for your plane ticket and game ticket on 9/11 when #2 is behind center and letting the friendly Jet fans that sit around me know - you are the mush.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Being fair - if the opposite happens (yes I am purposely not saying because I am superstitous) whether it be untouched or someone rolls up on him, then I am personally paying for your plane ticket and game ticket on 9/11 when #2 is behind center and letting the friendly Jet fans that sit around me know - you are the mush.

I’d say there’s a less than zero percent chance he takes you up on that.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'd much rather he got a sprain or a two week injury this past week than the week before the season.  That's why starters used to be used in the 2nd to last preseason game and held out of the final.  It's not about an ACL.  Players gets strains, sprains and minor injuries that hobble them for a couple of weeks.  That's the reason the starters played in pre-season game 3 instead of game 4.  Now there are 3 pre-season games.  They should play a few series in game 2 or not at all. 

Week 3 preseason was two weeks before the season started.

Nothing has changed except there is no week 4 one week before the season

IMG_8242.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Trotter said:

In that scenario, half the stadium will be empty and I would have no interest in even going to the game.  HAHAAHHA

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What was the upside of playing patrick mahomes the last 2 weeks?  Is andy reid a total moron?

of course not - but mahomes has two sb wins and another visit in the last 5 years. Certainly you dont want him to get hurt, but if he did and the chiefs threw away the season, they can absorb that.

This season for the Jets hinges on one guy and while he has past credentials, they are not with this team and the anticipation that comes along with him. Anything happens to him - and they are done. 

It is simply my opinion - nothing more and I am a guy who loves to take risks (remember I bet Mims anytime td in at least 8 games last year) but there is no way in hell I put him out there sat night. 

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

of course not - but mahomes has two sb wins and another visit in the last 5 years. Certainly you dont want him to get hurt, but if he did and the chiefs threw away the season, they can absorb that.

This season for the Jets hinges on one guy and while he has past credentials, they are not with this team and the anticipation that comes along with him. Anything happens to him - and they are done. 

It is simply my opinion - nothing more and I am a guy who loves to take risks (remember I bet Mims anytime td in at least 8 games last year) but there is no way in hell I put him out there sat night. 

This move proves that Douglas/Saleh are here for the long run and the outcome of this season has no baring on their job security.  Woody loves these 2 and even if Rodgers gets hurt and they go 7-10, Douglas/Saleh are back.

Rodgers will play, play well and we all better be here praising the coach for getting the real 1st team some quality reps before the season.

Be fair jet fans!