NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

No he doesn’t. “Zach today” is still terrible. He doesn’t beat anyone. His team wins occasionally despite him.
Last week we won getting 4 turnovers and a punt return TD in overtime. How often does that happen?
That said, New England looks horrible. If we can’t beat them at home our season is going to be a debacle.
When was the last time the Pats lost 3 in a row ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

No he doesn’t. “Zach today” is still terrible. He doesn’t beat anyone. His team wins occasionally despite him.

Last week we won getting 4 turnovers and a punt return TD in overtime. How often does that happen?

That said, New England looks horrible. If we can’t beat them at home our season is going to be a debacle.

Well Zach did score today. U like last year that is all that was needed to win. So again I'm right 👍

36 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The little we saw of Rodgers did not look good. He was running for his life and looked indecisive.

LOL

Trash a man based on 4 snaps

One would think an 18-year HOF career, 3 league MVPs, and a Super Bowl MVP leading up to this point might afford a man the benefit of the doubt.

Guess not…

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Trash a man based on 4 snaps

One would think an 18-year HOF career, 3 league MVPs, and a Super Bowl MVP leading up to this point might afford a man the benefit of the doubt.

Guess not…

Turning 40 and coming off the worst season of his career where he looked every bit his age.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A “worst” season of his career that’s still better than 95+ % of all the Jet QB seasons in history, while playing through a broken finger on his throwing hand

That just shows how inept the Jets have been. Doesn't suddenly make his last season good. He was a middle of the road QB last season who looked old and got hurt.

He started this season looking old and got hurt.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

That just shows how inept the Jets have been. Doesn't suddenly make his last season good. He was a middle of the road QB last season who looked old and got hurt.

He started this season looking old and got hurt.

I don’t begrudge the Jets taking their shot — their options were pretty limited — but boy they should’ve had a game manager vet backup.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don’t begrudge the Jets taking their shot — their options were pretty limited — but boy they should’ve had a game manager vet backup.

Personally think we should have just signed Carr (cost us no assets) and a capable back up like Minshew. Would have dumped Wilson and just taken the hit.

I don't think Carr is amazing or anything but there weren't a lot of choices. Used the assets we traded to draft another QB next year in a deeper class.

I wanted no part of Aaron. I thought he would be disaster here and wouldn't be able to handle the NY media once the losing started. I didn't think he would get hurt his first series but he's also old so it's not surprising.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not sure what it is (other than TC tweets) that has you so in love with the Jets taking McDonald. How can you not be disappointed with him not even dressing for the game?
Any first round pick good enough to be activated on game day would have made a difference as opposed to who we have.

I wasn't in love with the pick, but I understand why he chose him. He selected a player that fits Saleh's rotational defensive scheme. You're overthinking this. 

I wonder why we didn't plan on running the ball more. Crazy. Zach was the primary reason we lost but man I feel like I could have came up with some offensive play ideas that would have been more successful than hack today. 
Running the ball mostly.
I see you didn't watch the game let me help you out
.. reasons the Jets lost yesterday in order.

1. OL is trash
2. Defense was trash (Dak 31-38)
3. Coaching was trash .. zero adjustments.
4. Zach Wilson had no time to do anything but escape the pocket.

Compare Dak's pocket to Zach's then let's talk.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

1. OL is trash

All of the blame will be placed on ZW, though, because he threw 3 INTs (all of which came in the 4th quarter when we were down by 3 scores).

I'm not defending ZW's career - he's been horrible - but yesterday was NOT his fault.

10 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

How does that make the defense better? How much more could Rodgers throw with the OL crumbling in front of him?

The defense isn't blameless in this game, no, but a more effective run game would help sustain longer offensive drives, and would take the pressure of the passing game.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

1. OL is trash

Bro you watched the same game I did Zach was not under assualt like Daniel Jones . There were plenty of time he just missed didn't see the guy or did something stupid. Same ol Zach Wilson stuff.

Ol wasn't as bad as you make it out to be, defense I think played pretty well considering they were out there long enough, well I can't say anything about coaching, yes it was trash, trying to fit Zach in a Aaron Rodger hole is not really good.

Zach didn't play great, he didn't play well, he also didn't play good. He played bad. But if he has a power run game or screen game under him, alot of that can be mitigated. I literally just saw it Thursday.

Anyway.jers lost cause he have a bad QB, plain and simple.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The defense isn't blameless in this game, no, but a more effective run game would help sustain longer offensive drives, and would take the pressure of the passing game.

Sure yes but also other teams have stars. You think they like giving up that yes to g Wilson? No, but stars going to make plays, add in a QB that can get them the ball not a lot you can do.  They were playing from behind the whole time, out def is leant to attach not pay coverage.

Def was not the problem. Sorry but it is true. You can't expect them to shut out other teams when Zach is giving up the ball with 3 and outs and turning it over staring the other team on our 30.

The idea that people blame the def because they are not perfect is crazy when the same people ignore the giant ****kg red flag that is our offense and qb.

We don't even try to use our talent and run the ball when it was the very best way to win. The def kept us in the game as the offense floundered.

It's terrible 

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Bro you watched the same game I did Zach was not under assualt like Daniel Jones . There were plenty of time he just missed didn't see the guy or did something stupid. Same ol Zach Wilson stuff.

Ol wasn't as bad as you make it out to be, defense I think played pretty well considering they were out there long enough, well I can't say anything about coaching, yes it was trash, trying to fit Zach in a Aaron Rodger hole is not really good.

Zach didn't play great, he didn't play well, he also didn't play good. He played bad. But if he has a power run game or screen game under him, alot of that can be mitigated. I literally just saw it Thursday.

Anyway.jers lost cause he have a bad QB, plain and simple.

EolMKM4XUAAF0h3.jpg

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sure yes but also other teams have stars. You think they like giving up that yes to g Wilson? No, but stars going to make plays, add in a QB that can get them the ball not a lot you can do.  They were playing from behind the whole time, out def is leant to attach not pay coverage.

Def was not the problem. Sorry but it is true. You can't expect them to shut out other teams when Zach is giving up the ball with 3 and outs and turning it over staring the other team on our 30.

The idea that people blame the def because they are not perfect is crazy when the same people ignore the giant ****kg red flag that is our offense and qb.

We don't even try to use our talent and run the ball when it was the very best way to win. The def kept us in the game as the offense floundered.

It's terrible 

Excuse me? They couldn't get off the field lol. 

Normally they aren't to blame, but yesterday? Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Sure, but I don't see how that's ZW's fault. He didn't leave Hall on the bench, make Cook fumble or collapse after a few yards. 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It's terrible 

The defense wasn't great yesterday. They weren't the reason they lost the game. The Dline couldn't feast against the Dallas Oline, and that led to Dak getting chunk plays against the secondary. I also recall several big runs and missed tackles. And that all wasn't simply because they were exhausted late game.

With all that said, my point isn't to blame the defense (although I maintain that dropped pick 6 could've changed the game). Problem is, with a QB like Zach Wilson, the defense has to play lights-out perfect to give him a chance, so on that we agree.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

Sure, but I don't see how that's ZW's fault. He didn't leave Hall on the bench, make Cook fumble or collapse after a few yards. 

Well, it kinda is. When the opponent knows he can't threaten them in the passing game, and needs a strong run game to support him, they're gonna game plan to stifle the running attack and dare Zach to beat them in the air, which he can't do.

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, it kinda is. When the opponent knows he can't threaten them in the passing game, and needs a strong run game to support him, they're gonna game plan to stifle the running attack and dare Zach to beat them in the air, which he can't do.

No serious effort was made to establish any kind of run game. It was like Hackett thought he could outsmart the Cowboys by passing a lot although the Cowboys are better at defending against passes than runs. 

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

No serious effort was made to establish any kind of run game. It was like Hackett thought he could outsmart the Cowboys by passing a lot although the Cowboys are better at defending against passes than runs. 

4 carries for Breece is certainly puzzling, I'll give you that. Were they trying to be too clever? Did they see Dallas stacking the box and decide to counter that with a quick passing attack? I don't know.

I'm just tired of the excuses for Zach when he's been the common denominator through 2 OC's in 3 years now. When the defense and run game have to be dominant for you to have a chance to win, maybe you're just a bad QB.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Excuse me? They couldn't get off the field lol. 

Normally they aren't to blame, but yesterday? Absolutely. 

I dont really think so, if the measuring stick was they did not score all the points, or need to have picks 6's that is not very fair. These guys played a whole game worth of snaps in the first half. 

Look Im not trying to say they were great, but lets not pretend they were the problem. Thats like blaming garret for not scoring 3 TD's....played well., so did the def, but zach sucked, albeit better than he ever has, but he still stunk, so did the the offensive game plan.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The defense wasn't great yesterday. They weren't the reason they lost the game. The Dline couldn't feast against the Dallas Oline, and that led to Dak getting chunk plays against the secondary. I also recall several big runs and missed tackles. And that all wasn't simply because they were exhausted late game.

With all that said, my point isn't to blame the defense (although I maintain that dropped pick 6 could've changed the game). Problem is, with a QB like Zach Wilson, the defense has to play lights-out perfect to give him a chance, so on that we agree.

agree, for sure, that pick 6 would have been big. Hell the 2nd TD to garret wilson was great too and woudl have scoored if not having his hand whacked. 

But that is the problem with a bad qb if you dont hit that 1 or 2 plays that is it, a average qb or decent one can have that type of opportunity every drive , where as we have those throws a few times a whole game.

But you are right I agree with you that the Oline held us in check. Dak and those guys are good enough to grab those chucks. BUt the defense really shut them down for most of the game. They could have played better sure, but the def effort should be enough to win with any decent qb.

• Upvote 1