Marvin Harrison Jr.

Lupz27

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Will we be bad enough to get this stud?

Could you imagine him and Wilson with Rodgers next season my god!

Wilson nice kid that he appears to be is the Covid equivalent to QBs.

All three division opponents are better than him. Great athlete that he is purported

to be, Mac Jones shows more functional athleticism  than ZW who moves around

the pocket like a chicken with his head cut off

Are you having a stroke?

1 minute ago, hmhertz said:

All three division opponents are better than him. Great athlete that he is purported

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, hmhertz said:

I'm pretty sure @Lupz27 meant Garrett Wilson, not Zach Wilson. 

While the idea of drafting him is amazing, it's followed by the thought of what needs to go wrong for us to be picking that high, and it probably means every young stud on this team completely sh*ts the bed in 2023.  If that happens....dear lord will this be a rough offseason.

More than likely though I'm thinking QB or OT are the most likely.  I'm hoping like hell that Becton bounces out to LT and Mitchell steps in at RT and looks good.  If we can eliminate that need before the draft it'll open up a lot of options for us on draft day.  That's when this becomes a skill guy 100%, be it a Marvin Harrison Jr, Brock Bowers, or one of the top QBs.  

...but yeah, right now I have zero expectation of us being anywhere near Harrison Jr. in this draft.  Long way to go though.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

The debates on this board about what the team should do if the Jets end up with the third pick would be pretty awesome. As of now I think Harrison would be the right answer and I’m pretty sure most of the board would be split between QB3 and OT1.

Hard to pass on a talent like Harrison. Needs be damned

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2023 at 1:43 PM, derp said:

The debates on this board about what the team should do if the Jets end up with the third pick would be pretty awesome. As of now I think Harrison would be the right answer and I’m pretty sure most of the board would be split between QB3 and OT1.

sh*t, lets start them now....I hate all these top QB prospects and **** your favorite T, if the Jets have any shot at taking Harrison Jr., they do everything they can to do it.  This dude will have JJ/Chase like impact and he could better than both. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

sh*t, lets start them now....I hate all these top QB prospects and **** your favorite T, if the Jets have any shot at taking Harrison Jr., they do everything they can to do it.  This dude will have JJ/Chase like impact and he could better than both. 

Two months later - with Harrison completely firmly cemented as the top position player and likely the best player in the class period - I feel great about my take in that post.

Given you’re an SEC guy - if they end up farther back than that what are your thoughts on Nabers and Bowers specifically? And where should Jayden Daniels be drafted?

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Obviously, a lot depends on who is drafting where but I think he goes #3 (he's good enough to go #1 in a meh QB class) and obviously will not fall out of the top 5.

I think we have a low chance but not improbable of picking around 5, but I think ultimately end up picking in the 7-10 range.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Obviously, a lot depends on who is drafting where but I think he goes #3 (he's good enough to go #1 in a meh QB class) and obviously will not fall out of the top 5.

I think we have a low chance but not improbable of picking around 5, but I think ultimately end up picking in the 7-10 range.

If the top 3 are pretty much set, and the penn st OL is #4, then the jets are likely looking at alt or Latham at LT if they go that route, or if they trade back, they’ll have some wrs they can take.  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the top 3 are pretty much set, and the penn st OL is #4, then the jets are likely looking at alt or Latham at LT if they go that route, or if they trade back, they’ll have some wrs they can take.  

I think there are options in free agency for the OL, specifically tackles...which hopefully should free us up to draft a WR.

But I do think that the play JD will try and make is a trade down and add 2nd round pick. It will al depend on free agency and we really need to nail those OL signings before the draft.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I think there are options in free agency for the OL, specifically tackles...which hopefully should free us up to draft a WR.

But I do think that the play JD will try and make is a trade down and add 2nd round pick. It will al depend on free agency and we really need to nail those OL signings before the draft.

I think we’re on the same page there.  The trade back is an intriguing possibility b/c i do think in this draft there’s going to be teams, like the rams, with picks to move and have their eyes on qbs.  I think the chalk selections for the jets are taking a tackle in round 1 and calling it a day.  However, if they’re able to move back 7-8 spots and get a 2nd, even if they swap it for a 5th, say, that changes day 2 entirely.  There’s going to be wrs and qbs there on day 2, and douglas could really go a ways towards saving his job by drafting a qb who falls to the 2nd round and having him play spot duty in 2024

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think we’re on the same page there.  The trade back is an intriguing possibility b/c i do think in this draft there’s going to be teams, like the rams, with picks to move and have their eyes on qbs.  I think the chalk selections for the jets are taking a tackle in round 1 and calling it a day.  However, if they’re able to move back 7-8 spots and get a 2nd, even if they swap it for a 5th, say, that changes day 2 entirely.  There’s going to be wrs and qbs there on day 2, and douglas could really go a ways towards saving his job by drafting a qb who falls to the 2nd round and having him play spot duty in 2024

I really think that Douglas and Saleh's jobs are safer than we think (but that will change REAL fast if 2024 isn't producing a title run). 

The OL needs a complete overhaul from coaching to personnel. I don't think you can realistically fix that in one offseason, but with a healthy Rodgers calling plays based off of what he sees from the defense, I think we can and should be able to run the ball and score some points, then led the D play with a lead. That should be enough to have a decent shot in 2024, with an eye on 2025 as "THE YEAR."

If we break it down, with the OL as bad as it's been this year, with a healthy Rodgers we'd be first in the division right now. Some upgrades in the offseason should make us a top 3-5 team in the AFC next year. If they make the right coaching and personnel choices starting this offseason then I think we can be a top 1-3 team in the league in 2025.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I really think that Douglas and Saleh's jobs are safer than we think (but that will change REAL fast if 2024 isn't producing a title run). 

The OL needs a complete overhaul from coaching to personnel. I don't think you can realistically fix that in one offseason, but with a healthy Rodgers calling plays based off of what he sees from the defense, I think we can and should be able to run the ball and score some points, then led the D play with a lead. That should be enough to have a decent shot in 2024, with an eye on 2025 as "THE YEAR."

If we break it down, with the OL as bad as it's been this year, with a healthy Rodgers we'd be first in the division right now. Some upgrades in the offseason should make us a top 3-5 team in the AFC next year. If they make the right coaching and personnel choices starting this offseason then I think we can be a top 1-3 team in the league in 2025.

FA is going to be very interesting b/c if they can get some legit OL help it frees them up to take a wr who can change the dynamic of the unit.  Taking a wr like nabors or rome or Coleman gives them another real weapon.  I would imagine a key priority is to help garrett by removing those double teams each play.  

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

FA is going to be very interesting b/c if they can get some legit OL help it frees them up to take a wr who can change the dynamic of the unit.  Taking a wr like nabors or rome or Coleman gives them another real weapon.  I would imagine a key priority is to help garrett by removing those double teams each play.  

I'd rather us sign and/or trade for OL help + draft WR rather than trade for Devante Adams or sign Mike Evans and draft OL in the 1st.

8 hours ago, derp said:

Two months later - with Harrison completely firmly cemented as the top position player and likely the best player in the class period - I feel great about my take in that post.

Given you’re an SEC guy - if they end up farther back than that what are your thoughts on Nabers and Bowers specifically? And where should Jayden Daniels be drafted?

He looks like sure fire future HOF'er, so yeah, wouldnt be shocked if he's the consensus best player in the draft and IMO Bowers is next.  Nabers is my #2 WR as of now, Coleman #3.  

Jayden Daniels is my favorite QB in this draft.  I have no idea where he will be drafted.  The pre-draft process is whacky, so there is so much subject to change.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JiF said:

He looks like sure fire future HOF'er, so yeah, wouldnt be shocked if he's the consensus best player in the draft and IMO Bowers is next.  Nabers is my #2 WR as of now, Coleman #3.  

Jayden Daniels is my favorite QB in this draft.  I have no idea where he will be drafted.  The pre-draft process is whacky, so there is so much subject to change.

I was watching Daniels this morning. Lots to like, but do you have concerns about his arm strength?

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I was watching Daniels this morning. Lots to like, but do you have concerns about his arm strength?

None.  Dude tests all levels w/ ease maybe could have a little better touch throwing to the deep third but nothing I worry about.  LSU is all about explosive plays, pretty sure they lead the country.  He can rip it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I think it’s realistic the Jets end up in Bowers/Nabers territory and they could continue to build the offense with either. 

Agree, no clue where Daniels goes. At what point in the draft do you bang the table for the Jets to take him as QB of the future?

Regarding your post just above, I think Daniels has around 20 more 20+ yard plays (running + passing) than second in the country - which I think is Penix. He’s killing it.

What’s the deal with Keon Coleman? I know he’s missed some time and the highlights are flashy but his numbers aren’t remotely impressive for someone on a good team who’s being talked about going as high as he is. Nabers literally has more than 2x the yards and Odunze is almost there.

On 11/22/2023 at 2:17 PM, Saul Goodman said:

I haven’t loved a prospect like Marvin Harrison Jr in a long time. Absolute can’t miss player. Great character, great talent, great bloodlines. We have to draft him if he’s there when we pick. 

Unless JD completely ignores OL, it would be hard for a young QB to not succeed with Harrison, Wilson and Hall. I’m all for it. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:08 AM, Augustiniak said:

There are some decent wr hitting free agency as well. As far as the draft goes if we did end up taking a wr in the first my choice would be malik nabers I think he reminds me a lot of Garrett Wilson but with more toughness to fight tacklers.