Props to Breece Hall

slimjasi

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For all you PFF teet sucklers. Feast your eyes upon some of these slobs they ranked ahead of Breece this week. 

I didn't think about it before, but heard a Stat, take away the 72 yarder, he was still 5 ypc yesterday.  The kid is a beast.

• Upvote 2

On 10/8/2023 at 9:55 PM, Warfish said:

He's a special talent.  

I wouldn't put him above Curtis Martin or John Riggins just yet tho.

But by god we should be using more of him, he's a game-changing talent if he can stay healthy.

But he's much more exciting than Curtis Martin, because you feel he can break one every time. Martin wasn't explosive, more methodical. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:14 PM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It only took the coaching staff five weeks to realize that breece hall should get more than five touches a game. 

Cmon, in all fairness he’s coming back from an injury and it makes sense to bring him along slowly.  And we don’t know what he’s telling the coaches and medical staff about how he feels.  My guess is wasn’t feeling real confident about his knee until getting a few carries.  He seems good now and ready to be that bell cow.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:12 PM, Robert said:

Yeah I think I agree

spent last 3 hours trying to give him

a comparable past RB

He has all the vision, one cut power always falling forward and inches from a breakaway every play, it’s that long graceful stride with world class speed that’s memorable

Been trying to find a comparable and Eric Dickerson had a similar smoothness to him though Breece is a few inches shorter but a tad faster and Breece also has more of an ease in his running style.

3 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

This probably will not go over well but OJ was like that too.  Only OJ played on a worse team.

OJ the football player was an all time great player.

The best running back I remember was Freeman McNeil, who also battled injuries.  Curtis was very good, very durable, did not have the home run ability Breece or Freeman had.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Been trying to find a comparable and Eric Dickerson had a similar smoothness to him though Breece is a few inches shorter but a tad faster and Breece also has more of an ease in his running style.

Breece ran I believe a 4.39

Dickerson ran a 4.4 flat, which for the 80s was unbelievable   The guys just didn't have the training that they now have.

• Upvote 2

Breece Lightening named FedX Driver of the Week.....see link for his highlite runs (from Jets.com):

Jets RB Breece Hall Voted FedEx Ground Player of the Week (newyorkjets.com)

While watching his runs, I noticed mini-me 82 Gipson in on a some of his runs, including his 77yrd TD. 82 Gibson is the guy running stride for stride with Breece keeping any defenders at bay (unlike Garrett last week who was celebrating while the defender ran past him and tackled Breece!)

On both of Breece's long runs, Hackett put 82 Gipson in motion running left to right, taking a safety defender with him (so it seemed) before Breece blasted up the middle.

TBH I didn't even realize 82 Gipson was even on the field other than punt returns!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, chirorob said:

OJ the football player was an all time great player.

The best running back I remember was Freeman McNeil, who also battled injuries.  Curtis was very good, very durable, did not have the home run ability Breece or Freeman had.

My favorite Freeman McNeil moment.  Please forgive me if I have mentioned this before.

Friend and I were in the south ground floor endzone seats on a very cold day.

The kind of day the hot chocolate is cold before you start drinking it.

Jets were going south to north and FM ran the ball.

I was pissed.  It looked to me from my angle that was another draw up the middle and he got crushed.

Then the announcer says, "Freeman McNeil 24 yard gain.  First down."

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, chirorob said:

Breece ran I believe a 4.39

Dickerson ran a 4.4 flat, which for the 80s was unbelievable   The guys just didn't have the training that they now have.

That's true, but the 4.4 was probably hand timed.  I think Breece ran it at the combine which is electronic now and generally knocks a bit of speed off for whatever reason.  Some estimates have it as much as a full tenth, but I am not sure if the combine is fully or only partially electronic.

That announcer said "he is not a 4.4 guy, but..."  We were all like yeah, he's a 4.3 guy.  What the ****?  

• Upvote 2

Where's the asshat that mocked the Breece pick and said we should have drafted Malik Willis so I can smack the dogsh!t outta him?!

Also, I'll never forgive the PFF fanboys I saw (not here, on another Jets platform) that said taking a RB in the 2nd round is a waste and we should have taken Pitre or Cine instead........fake draft nerdy morons! 

Still trying to think of a good comp for Breece, he's not as shifty as Barry but he's more explosive then Leveon. He's a smooth runner, great one cut ability, some patience finding the hole(like leveon) and hits top gear in a blink. Has some shiftness but that's not his best trait. I see some Jonathan Taylor in him but hopefully with more longevity as Taylor's only had one monster season. RBs like Allen and Sayers are before my time so I can't really make a comparison there. 

What could JD get for Breece at the deadline? Just curious what a top athlete on the 2nd yr of his rookie deal could fetch. Probably get a lot more for Sauce or Garrett, but Breece, even with his knee history, could probably land a GM a low to mid First Rounder I'd think. Heck, Bills might give us two Firsts!

• WTF? 1