2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

Stupid stupid stupid. They keep trying to kick it out the zone instead of getting control of the puck. Every damn goal they have given up in this series is the result of them not controlling the puck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Stupid stupid stupid. They keep trying to kick it out the zone instead of getting control of the puck. Every damn goal they have given up in this series is the result of them not controlling the puck. 

Most happen in neutral zone……

Zibanajad is a ghost. Panarin is a ghost. Kreider is playinmg like sheet.  Are these guys even on the ice?  They need to go all in, defenseman up high, and the fowards by the net. They must create opportunities around the net.  They cannot fall behind 2-0.  They have to change strategy against these guys.

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Zibanajad is a ghost. Panarin is a ghost. Kreider is playinmg like sheet.  Are these guys even on the ice?  They need to go all in, defenseman up high, and the fowards by the net. They must create opportunities around the net.  They cannot fall behind 2-0.  They have to change strategy against these guys.

Trouba is killing them 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

PK Subban clearly called these guys out as gutless.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Most happen in neutral zone……

No it doesnt.  They keep trying to pass it out their zone and keep getting checked and giving up the puck instead of skating it out and starting to attack. This is puzzy hockey. If they lose, they deserve to lose playing this way, 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

PK Subban clearly called these guys out as gutless.  

I havebt liked his comments all playoff series BUT he is 100% correct that the Rangers are NOT playing to their ability. They have to take chances here -hey have no choice.

Rough matchup for the Rangers.  The Panthers deserved the series though.  They were the better team.  At least we didn't lose a series where we left something on the table.  As a Mets fan, though, that means my next meaningful sports season is the Jets.

28 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Not 1 decent scoring chance.  Will they ever score another goal in this century? 

Earlier in the game the puck bounced over Mika's stick but that was a fluky play.

14 minutes ago, hawk said:

Sucks but the better team won

Dont agree. They just disappeared.  Just dont get it. Did the same thing the last number of times they've been in the playoffs with thier previous HC's.  Their 'leaders' just vanish and they totally depend on their goaltender. You cant win like that in the NHL. I dont care who your goaltender is.  They are not physical enough and dont have enough muscle.  They are a finess team and it just doesnt translate in the playoffs.  

16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Dont agree. They just disappeared.  Just dont get it. Did the same thing the last number of times they've been in the playoffs with thier previous HC's.  Their 'leaders' just vanish and they totally depend on their goaltender. You cant win like that in the NHL. I dont care who your goaltender is.  They are not physical enough and dont have enough muscle.  They are a finess team and it just doesnt translate in the playoffs.  

Dude. The Panthers completely outclassed the Rangers. They swarmed the o zone the entire series. If not for the heroics of Igor, this would have been a 4 game sweep. Rangers did well to keep every game close and taking 2 games in OT. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

Dude. The Panthers completely outclassed the Rangers. They swarmed the o zone the entire series. If not for the heroics of Igor, this would have been a 4 game sweep. Rangers did well to keep every game close and taking 2 games in OT. 

We have better talent. They just didnt show uip.

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

So, Florida is the better team.   

Yes, the Rangers are a finess team, best Rangers team I've seen in a long time. 

Florida took it to them.  They played their style,  and took the Rangers style away. 

Florida is the better team. 

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I havebt liked his comments all playoff series BUT he is 100% correct that the Rangers are NOT playing to their ability. They have to take chances here -hey have no choice.

Rangers looked like a high school team playing a college team in terms of the size difference.

This was a bad matchup for the Rangers. Rangers couldnt even hold the puck for like 3 secs until the Panthers bullied it away. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Who’s worse….  Woody or Dolan???

IMG_0475.jpeg

What did Dolan do this season to hinder on field performance? Rangers and Knicks get eliminated after deep playoff runs and now he's bad again? Owners get over criticized for teams on field performance. Criticism should be pricing out fans then there is a point. Woody allowed his gm to get one of best qbs in generation after the Zach Bust. Don't care if he's old, look at Brady and also nutrition these days. Freak injury after 4 plays happens, not anyones fault. And the point of Woody keeping gm after Zach Wilson pick, Becton, Mims, etc, Douglas had basically one of the best draft in 2022 of any gm in years so it bought him time in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Rangers 22 penalties, Panthers 18 during series. Florida had 5.06 per game during regular season, Rangers 3.70. During game 6, a lot of times I saw Rangers on the ground by Sergei without the puck, no calls. "Missed" tripping end of game 4, Reinhart knocks Trouba in face at end of game 4, no call. "Let them play", yet a bunch of softies in my opinion were called on Rangers during the series. Only one they got away with in game 6 was the  defenseman slash on Tkachuk. Not to mention game 5 when Mikkola ran Igor over and then they call offsetting penalties when could have been 5 on 3.

Edited by BradSmith16fan

Between the collapse against TB, the “effort” put forth in game 7 last year and these last two, I’m confident they don’t have what it takes. Get creative and figure out a way to blow it up. 100% begin with the Captain 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BradSmith16fan said:

What did Dolan do this season to hinder on field performance? Rangers and Knicks get eliminated after deep playoff runs and now he's bad again? Owners get over criticized for teams on field performance. Criticism should be pricing out fans then there is a point. Woody allowed his gm to get one of best qbs in generation after the Zach Bust. Don't care if he's old, look at Brady and also nutrition these days. Freak injury after 4 plays happens, not anyones fault. And the point of Woody keeping gm after Zach Wilson pick, Becton, Mims, etc, Douglas had basically one of the best draft in 2022 of any gm in years so it bought him time in my eyes.

I won't stop you from defending 2 of the worst owners in all of sports.   

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I won't stop you from defending 2 of the worst owners in all of sports.   

Give me examples recently of either hindering their teams on field performance and I'll listen. If Woody was proven to force to keep Zach on the field after Rodgers injury, then that will sway me towards worst owner argument. Dolan pushing through Carmelo trade was bad but that was more than 13 years ago. He hired Leon Rose who has done very well so far. And he stays out of way of Rangers from my understanding 

Edited by BradSmith16fan

The bottom line is that this team was out skated for much of the time in all three of our playoff series.  Yes even Washington.  Igor was great and against both Washington and Carolina we were able to snipe goals at important times.  This team as currently constructed is not going anywhere.  We need to remove Trouba who is a defensive liability.  One that we have been able to overcome most of the time but someone who has contributed to many of the  turnovers which have lead to Grade-A chances against us.

We need to figure out why such a large amount of the team's current salary cap is tied up in players who have either contributed nothing or almost nothing in three straight playoff runs.  Panarin, Zibanajad and yes, Kreider.  When you add Trouba into that mix those are four players with huge salary cap allocations who have not given us anything positive and in the case of Trouba, Panarin and Zibanajad who have actually been net negatives on the ice.

None of those four is going to magically get any younger or any better next year.