GAME OVER? (Sauce OUT confirmed) - Merged

I think Sauce is overrated right now, but he's a solid, very good young player.  I'm glad he's a Jet.  Great in coverage and the locker room and a great guy. and he loves being a Jet.  Not many guys like that out there.

But, he's not great yet, because he doesn't tackle and is handsy and doesn't make the turnover splash plays (YET!). For him to be great in my eyes, he has to do those extra things.  (Think young Patrick Peterson, Mevis, TyLaw, Woodson).

This opinion isn't thinking Sauce sucks. 

We were having the same discussion about Revis, back and forth... Revis Island but no splash plays, blah, blah blah.  And then Revis housed that pick against Miami 100 yards and we stopped debating it.  Sauce needs to take that extra step is all.  And stop grabbing too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The bye is next week though.  

If he's dinged, 2 weeks of rest, get healthy with no risk of aggravating in a blowout loss.

It's a conspiracy theory so probably wrong,  but it's better than he's disgruntled!

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2023 at 2:04 PM, Mogglez said:

We’re going get blown out by 40 points tomorrow and Saleh’s stupid dejected face is going to talk about “how we represented ourselves” and the stupid Jets are going to put out a gazillion photos of our 5th string cornerbacks getting cucked by AJ brown with teenage girl captions like “down but not out; we play for us…rebound next week…”

Then we’ll get the One Jets Drive episode by Thursday.

Nice call Nostradumbass. Let me know when you pick your lottery numbers...

• Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, Instant Karma said:

Nice call Nostradumbass. Let me know when you pick your lottery numbers...

Mood when the haters come at me for this post but the Jets beat the Eagles for the 1st time in franchise history so I don’t care:IMG_3363.thumb.jpeg.0fa435bca0b9aff2d59879b6ef6ed59e.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 5:04 PM, Mogglez said:

We’re going get blown out by 40 points tomorrow and Saleh’s stupid dejected face is going to talk about “how we represented ourselves” and the stupid Jets are going to put out a gazillion photos of our 5th string cornerbacks getting cucked by AJ brown with teenage girl captions like “down but not out; we play for us…rebound next week…”

Then we’ll get the One Jets Drive episode by Thursday.

Kobe Bryant GIF

On 10/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, dcJet said:

I think Sauce is overrated right now, but he's a solid, very good young player.  I'm glad he's a Jet.  Great in coverage and the locker room and a great guy. and he loves being a Jet.  Not many guys like that out there.

But, he's not great yet, because he doesn't tackle and is handsy and doesn't make the turnover splash plays (YET!). For him to be great in my eyes, he has to do those extra things.  (Think young Patrick Peterson, Mevis, TyLaw, Woodson).

This opinion isn't thinking Sauce sucks. 

We were having the same discussion about Revis, back and forth... Revis Island but no splash plays, blah, blah blah.  And then Revis housed that pick against Miami 100 yards and we stopped debating it.  Sauce needs to take that extra step is all.  And stop grabbing too.

sauce played better than revis this stage of his career. there is no question to taht

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It reminded me of Connor Hughes leading up to that draft being adamant the Jets wouldn’t use the fourth pick on a CB because Saleh’s system de-emphasizes the CB. 🤣

Man had a point. But if you remember the pre draft video Woody where Woody had the “secret sauce”