GAME OVER? (Sauce OUT confirmed) - Merged

Gardner, the 2022 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, showed up Friday on the injury report with what the team termed an "illness." He practiced Wednesday and Thursday but not Friday. Coach Robert Saleh told reporters Friday that Gardner was expected to be fine.

"I feel perfectly fine. That's the crazy part about it," Gardner posted Saturday on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Odd

1 minute ago, Same Old Jets said:

Two weeks of rest for Sauce. with a 2-4 Jets post bye week.  The Jets should be healthier and with an easier schedule. We can still make the playoffs while bringing back a healthy CB room against the Giants. 

I agree with what you said, except sit them for the Giants game. The Giants suck. We could beat those clowns with Dalvin playing corner.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Nah. He could be concussed and think hes fine, but from the outside be a mess. Glad they're sitting him.

I agree, I just think it's odd that he practiced until Friday, then showed up on the report and Saleh "thought" (or simply lied) that Sauce was fine.

I wouldn't put anyone in jeopardy, not worth the risk, especially with the Bye week coming.  A MUCH needed Bye week at that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

I agree with what you said, except sit them for the Giants game. The Giants suck. We could beat those clowns with Dalvin playing corner.

City team rivalries are always more intense, it's better to not underestimate and bring the upper hand for a much needed victory. 

1 minute ago, pointman said:

"Play Action". Two words that regardless of who is out, gets us the W. Every down, Play Action. And throw Mecole out there too. 

Throw everyone out there!

Announcer: "The Jets are running around so fast it looks like they've got 13 guys out there!"

Other Announcer:  "They do!"

nfl penalty flag - Shop The Best Discounts Online OFF -60%

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

Two weeks of rest for Sauce. with a 2-4 Jets post bye week.  The Jets should be healthier and with an easier schedule. We can still make the playoffs while bringing back a healthy CB room against the Giants. 

2-4!!!  Got’em right where they want’em!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

We’re going get blown out by 40 points tomorrow and Saleh’s stupid dejected face is going to talk about “how we represented ourselves” and the stupid Jets are going to put out a gazillion photos of our 5th string cornerbacks getting cucked by AJ brown with teenage girl captions like “down but not out; we play for us…rebound next week…”

Then we’ll get the One Jets Drive episode by Thursday.

You left out the t shirt that says “we”ll fight” on it being given out during the week.

THE T SHIRTS ARE IMPORTANT!!

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s like the next Adams. Everyone says he’s good but you watch and you’re like what? And then everyone catches up and pretends to know he wasn’t that good. If Saleh is back and the Jets base is zone then move him for a pick.

The guy almost never gets beat

sure, it would be nice if he could start taking the ball away, but this is a wild take 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hot take: The NFL didn't appreciate Saleh & Sauce sh*tting on the refs vs KC and figured out a way to shove it up their ass.

Less hot take: ever since the tua debacle last year, i’d guess the nfl has an internal protocol where they hold a player out for the next week if they show concussion symptoms and then do a re-evaluation a week later. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

These aren’t hamstring issues we’re talking here. 

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

I agree. Those trainers got AARon's achilles fukked. 

We're at the top of the league every year in regards to man games lost to injury. Surely something can be improved. 

Like why hasn't sauce been in concussion protocol since idk... The ******* game it happened in?

• Haha 1