NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

And had about 10 turnovers during that time.  playing for a 2 seed against a bulls team looking for the exit. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with the final minutes of the 4th quarter vs the Bulls. The season is obviously a huge success. But honestly the East is weak AF. It’s borderline ridiculous. 

There's always the WNBA 👍

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, HessStation said:

And had about 10 turnovers during that time.  playing for a 2 seed against a bulls team looking for the exit. 

Over the course of the last 10 minutes of play (last 5 min of regulation + OT), the Knicks had 5 total turnovers - 1 with 34 seconds left in regulation and 4 in OT. 3 of them were by Brunson, who was being bounded by a great defensive player. The Bulls also had several huge turnovers. Both teams were gassed.

It was an extremely hard fought game and that was plainly obvious to anyone who watched it. Your characterization of that game is nuts, lol. 

The Bulls played 4 of their starters over 40 minutes (DeRozan, Caruso, Vucevic, and White). On what planet were the Bulls “looking for the exit?” The Bulls went so far as to play their starters the full OT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Over the course of the last 10 minutes of play (last 5 min of regulation + OT), the Knicks had 5 total turnovers - 1 with 34 seconds left in regulation and 4 in OT. 3 of them were by Brunson, who was being bounded by a great defensive player. The Bulls also had several huge turnovers. Both teams were gassed.

It was an extremely hard fought game and that was plainly obvious to anyone who watched it. Your characterization of that game is nuts, lol. 

The Bulls played 4 of their starters over 40 minutes (DeRozan, Caruso, Vucevic, and White). On what planet were the Bulls “looking for the exit?” The Bulls went so far as to play their starters the full OT. 

Ok playing a spoiler is worth something. Fair. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He really is

It's crazy how good he is

And to think the Knicks were almost universally mocked by the national media for "overpaying" him.

I know he wont win it, but I think he's the MVP of the league.   He is easily having that kind of a season.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I know he wont win it, but I think he's the MVP of the league.   He is easily having that kind of a season.

You can absolutely make that argument 

I think you could give it to any of Jokic, SGA, Luka, or Brunson and it would be totally fine

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think you could give it to any of Jokic, SGA, Luka, or Brunson and it would be totally fine

Every one of those teams would be much worse without those players so yeah, they are all viable MVP candidates.  

What Brunson helped the Knicks do after losing three of their starters and trading a fourth was nothing short of dark magic.  But all those guys are amazing.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

100% but I do think when you consider what the Knicks have battled from injury perspective to earn the 2 seed, nobody has had to carry their team more than Brunson.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

100% but I do think when you consider what the Knicks have battled from injury perspective to earn the 2 seed, nobody has had to carry their team more than Brunson.

Agreed. 

Luka has Kyrie

Jokic has Murray

SGA doesn't have another star per se, but he has a loaded young roster around him. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hart closed the game out like a bawssssss who gives a sh*t what the aggregate was 

OG 50% on 10 shots. 
JB  30% on 8/26 shooting(1/6 on 3’s).                                                                     DD 30%

Sometimes when you’re not “on your game” give it up to someone shooting well. Made things tougher on themselves when 76ers fought back in 3rd.

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

OG 50% on 10 shots. 
JB  30% on 8/26 shooting(1/6 on 3’s).                                                                     DD 30%

Sometimes when you’re not “on your game” give it up to someone shooting well. Made things tougher on themselves when 76ers fought back in 3rd.

Oh I’m sorry was the wild ending where the Knicks stomped on Philly’s cocks with a series of insane three pointers that shook the Garden so hard it caused a second NJ earthquake not fun enough for you?? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh I’m sorry was the wild ending where the Knicks stomped on Philly’s cocks with a series of insane three pointers that shook the Garden so hard it caused a second NJ earthquake not fun enough for you?? 

NVM. My point is not getting through. Do you think Thibs isn’t in their ear about some sloppy play?

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2024 at 6:06 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I think he was probably too busy jizzing over Hart in the 4th like the rest of us. 

Still think Thibs is ecstatic over Knicks play? JB is having trouble getting good looks… dish the ball off to the open man. 30% game 1 followed by 27% in game 2 on a whopping 28 shots per game avg.

2-12 from the arc. 76ers give him that shot all day!

Except for some crazy luck, we’re tied at 1-1 heading to Philly & Brunson would be game 2 goat.

Brunson followed up an 8-for-26 showing in the Knicks’ Game 1 victoryon Saturday, by missing 21 of 29 field-goal attempts to lower his shooting percentage to .291 (16-for-55) through two games.

Edited by 32EBoozer

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Still think Thibs is ecstatic over Knicks play? JB is having trouble getting good looks… dish the ball off to the open man. 30% game 1 followed by 27% in game 2 on a whopping 28 shots per game avg.

2-12 from the arc. 76ers give him that shot all day!

Except for some crazy luck, we’re tied at 1-1 heading to Philly & Brunson would be game 2 goat.

Brunson followed up an 8-for-26 showing in the Knicks’ Game 1 victoryon Saturday, by missing 21 of 29 field-goal attempts to lower his shooting percentage to .291 (16-for-55) through two games.

This is quite literally the most exciting Knicks playoff series in like 30 years. You need some CBD or something dude. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is quite literally the most exciting Knicks playoff series in like 30 years. You need some CBD or something dude. 

Well, if you think this level of efficiency will get us past Boston & Bucks then you need to get your head out of the sand.

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9wowshxyu8zy85408zwpu

Why is Philly world crying all over the place, when they wouldnt even have been in that position to win if not for that ridiculous challenge reversal on the foul on Divicenzo's rebound?

I feel like that is totally going to get lost here, how was that not a foul? How was Philly rewarded possession?

Whatever, the net result was awesome :)

Like....what?

https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/1782590230307951065

“The goal is getting home court advantage by winning 1 of the 2 games on the road,” Abdelnaby said on the NBC Sports Philadelphia broadcast. “Job done, let’s head down to the Turnpike.”

“Stay tuned, Post Game Live is gonna be fun,” play-by-play voice Kate Scott added even as the Knicks pushed the ball up the court after Lowry missed his second free throw.

About 30 seconds later, the Knicks held a one-point lead. 13 seconds after that, the Knicks were Game 2 winners, taking a 2-0 series lead over the 76ers to Philadelphia. Abdelnaby made no mention of previously writing the Knicks off as they secured the win. But surely, Post Game Live was no longer going to be fun.

http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/nba/76ers-broadcast-announcer-jinx-knicks-comeback.html

• Haha 2