Have You Ever Seen An Announcer Make Fun Of A Team/Player?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if they get access to Zach in their production meetings or if the Jets go out of their way to shield him from those interviews

Eli Manning said he had met with the Jets and they had told him part of the plan was to have WRs and TEs "chip" block on Mack and Bosa as part of their routes to help the OTs out. And then said the Jets were not doing that at all. Was kind of iffy if that was a conversation he had generally with them or with Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Eli Manning said he had met with the Jets and they had told him part of the plan was to have WRs and TEs "chip" block on Mack and Bosa as part of their routes to help the OTs out. And then said the Jets were not doing that at all. Was kind of iffy if that was a conversation he had generally with them or with Zach Wilson. 

I can all but guarantee if Zach we’re asked to explain protections to the Mannings or Aikman he’d look foolish. I’m telling you, this kid does not put in the work. How can anyone watch that game and his play and come away thinking this is a kid giving it all he has. It looks like he doesn’t know the plays.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I can all but guarantee if Zach we’re asked to explain protections to the Mannings or Aikman he’d look foolish. I’m telling you, this kid does not put in the work. How can anyone watch that game and his play and come away thinking this is a kid giving it all he has. It looks like he doesn’t know the plays.

you can keep saying stuff, doesn't make it true.  

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

there is no evidence of zach not putting in the time.

by all accounts he's a hard worker.  he just isn't good at QB.

There is evidence from two weeks ago of him taking off for a vacation during the bye week. Not exactly the thing to do for him during the season.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There is evidence from two weeks ago of him taking off for a vacation during the bye week. Not exactly the thing to do for him during the season.

so what would you want him to do?  stay in NJ?  you don't think he can watch film in Utah?  

by all accounts he puts in the effort.  but you got sucked into a shock jock trying to get attention.  it worked i guess so that's why they do it.

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so what would you want him to do?  stay in NJ?  you don't think he can watch film in Utah?  

by all accounts he puts in the effort.  but you got sucked into a shock jock trying to get attention.  it worked i guess so that's why they do it.

Yes. Lead practice in NJ. Hang out with teammates. Go through plays, the playbook etc. like a professional trying to make a career. It takes time for this to work. Not everything  is just innate. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. Lead practice in NJ. Hang out with teammates. Go through plays, the playbook etc. like a professional trying to make a career. It takes time for this to work. Not everything  is just innate. 

In concept yes, but he’s not a leader and it won’t make an on field difference.  While the defense is clearly the pride and joy of the HC (like herm/Rex/Bowles), the offense is a bastard child conceived partially by lord Aaron and partially by contract size.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

In concept yes, but he’s not a leader and it won’t make an on field difference.  While the defense is clearly the pride and joy of the HC (like herm/Rex/Bowles), the offense is a bastard child conceived partially by lord Aaron and partially by contract size.  

Nothings preventing Zach from being a leader and putting in the work. It seems like his coast season was interrupted with Rodgers injury. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Nothings preventing Zach from being a leader and putting in the work. It seems like his coast season was interrupted with Rodgers injury. 

It was.  And i believe ZW has put in a lot of work to get to where he is now.  I also think he knows he’s gone next year and just wants it all to end in NY so he can go out west and hide somewhere closer to utah

47 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Nothing Aikman said was wrong.  If you can’t even line up correctly then everyone associated with the offense has to look themselves in the mirror.  It’s beyond obvious that Wilson sucks but the coaches do too, starting with the perplexing ongoing decision to keep playing cook over Izzy.  The entire offensive philosophy seems to be governed by factors other than how to score touchdowns.

If Wilson has proven he can’t start in this league, when has Hackett proven he can coach in it?  You can count time with Aaron Rodgers the same as you can with Manning and Gase (who without Manning is Out of the League totally, as he should be).  Who the hell in Denver thought it was a good idea to Up the guy to HC?  At least they cut ties with him immediately.

Now he’s busted down to an OC.  He only has the job because of Rodgers and now without him he presides over an “offense” that has the worst 3rd down conversion rate of any team since 1978.

The Whole offense needs to be blown up save for Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, coaches first.

Aikman: “…..and if you can’t even line up right….”

That’s on the coaches.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If Wilson has proven he can’t start in this league, when has Hackett proven he can coach in it?  You can count time with Aaron Rodgers the same as you can with Manning and Gase (who without Manning is Out of the League totally, as he should be).  Who the hell in Denver thought it was a good idea to Up the guy to HC?  At least they cut ties with him immediately.

Now he’s busted down to an OC.  He only has the job because of Rodgers and now without him he presides over an “offense” that has the worst 3rd down conversion rate of any team since 1978.

The Whole offense needs to be blown up save for Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, coaches first.

Aikman: “…..and if you can’t even line up right….”

That’s on the coaches.

Rodgers set up his offense and someone like him could do fine.  That’s about it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

He also made a comment along the lines of yes, the offense would be better with Rodgers, but not sure how much better, there are a ton of really big problems with the offense in gnereal. I have no ties to ZW and at this point would love to see someone else come in if nothing else to prove to all the clueless people just how bad the entire offense is. ZW is not good enough to overcome a complete sh*t offense, nobody is going to argue he is, but to blame everything on him, is as big of a bag of BS in the opposite direction, as usuall, the truth is somewhere in the middle

Man, you really want JD gone. 

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

so which of his teammates stuck around NJ for their bye break?  since you are making these accusations why not tell us who stayed.  

this isn't 1987, the plays/playbook are all on tablets.

zach isn't good but he's not lazy.  not one person outside a shock jock looking for clicks has said that.  and you fell for it. lol

you want to whine about everyone on this team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

What a tough clueless guy you are

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Rodgers set up his offense and someone like him could do fine.  That’s about it.  

I listened to the Francesa rant posted and he said that Hackett is “nothing but a luggage holder for Rodgers”.

So with Rodgers coming back next year to start and if he goes down again, you’re stuck with Hackett and the worst Offense in the league again.

So what do you do?  I guess the ENTIRE 2024 Draft has to be Offense, and still you’re f**ked with Hackett calling the plays. If it’s any consolation his 2022 Denver team couldn’t score either.

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I listened to the Francesa rant posted and he said that Hackett is “nothing but a luggage holder for Rodgers”.

So with Rodgers coming back next year to start and if he goes down again, you’re stuck with Hackett and the worst Offense in the league again.

So what do you do?  I guess the ENTIRE 2024 Draft has to be Offense, and still you’re f**ked with Hackett calling the plays. If it’s any consolation his 2022 Denver team couldn’t score either.

At this point the most likely pick in round 1 is a tackle, given the situation.  Also, you can’t keep Wilson and even if you bring in a veteran backup, you still need another qb to start grooming.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Man, you really want JD gone. 

Not necessarily, JD has done some good things, but I think we have a broken model, and we don't have one person whose accountable for all of football ops, that I am aware of. I am not a fan at all of Saleh, I think he is a DC dressed up as a HC. His defense has been fantastic but I don't think its because of scheme, they have an elite DL and secondary, and really good LB'ers, they generate huge pressure without blitzting, that is on JD much more than Saleh. I think MLF was a disasterous OC hire, and Hacket was picked by Rodgers. We are a broken organization and we get broken results

• Upvote 1