I am back in, I just can't help it

Maxman

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last two weeks have been brutal. They are pissing away the absolute best defense we have ever seen. The offense can't do anything right and it is beyond frustrating.

The loss against the Raiders, that was just too much.

But I can't give up. I thought I could. Honestly it just isn't in my DNA. So guess what?

I am back in. Jets going up to Buffalo, new offensive coordinator, more bad results for Josh Allen against the NY Jets defense.

Beat the Bills and the Dolphins and this season has a shot. Everytime I think I am out, they drag me back in.

Beat the Bills first, then I might be back in.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I feel you Maxman. Being a die-hard fan of a team is an addiction. It’s like gambling except it’s emotion on the line not money. Hard kicking the habit.

I’ve been semi emotionally checked out since the Pats game. Afterwards I basically decided the Zach & Hackett pairing was akin to Zach & LaFleur. Oil & water. Producing anemic results. My suspicions started as early as week 1 after Rodgers went down. 

I have little hope that marriage will improve. Tigers don’t change their stripes.

This offense was to be run specifically by Hackett & Rodgers together as virtual co-offensive coordinators. They created the offense along with LaFleur. Meanwhile Zach was to sit & learn for the next 2 years. Aaron’s  Achilles razed that best laid plan … 

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2023 at 12:37 AM, Maxman said:

The last two weeks have been brutal. They are pissing away the absolute best defense we have ever seen. The offense can't do anything right and it is beyond frustrating.

But I can't give up. I thought I could. Honestly it just isn't in my DNA. So guess what?

I am back in. Jets going up to Buffalo, new offensive coordinator, more bad results for Josh Allen against the NY Jets defense.

Beat the Bills and the Dolphins and this season has a shot. Everytime I think I am out, they drag me back in.

Call 1-800 NYC JETS to attend a JETS JETS JETS Anonymous meeting near you. 

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

Take a hammer and hit yourself in the testicles as hard as you can. It will still feel better than the balance of the season will for the Jets. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/15/2023 at 3:53 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Any gm with a brain would say “ Try playing a qb who is not allergic to the endzone  “ lol. 

But JD has made it very clear, since rodgers going down, this season is about the last desperate attempt to restart zach wilson, his prized pick he is hell bent on proving everyone wrong. Winning comes second.

JD knew he had a get out of gm purgatory free card for this year once Aaron went down. If the free pass was not given, we probably would be right at top of division even without Aaron.

Wouldn’t have taken a lot more at qb to  to alternate some of those close loses. Instead of having the very worst qb in NFL, having say the 27 ranked qb gets us to 6-3 easily with this D. Had rodgers said he isn’t sure he is coming back, I think JD would have to ditch Zach and putting winning top of list knowing his job isn’t as secure without Rodgers comeback. 

But to answer your question, No we aren’t beating them without a touchdown. Defense or special teams touchdown must deliver one. Sadly I bet the odds of D or ST scoring a TD are better than a zach Wilson thrown touchdown lol. 

Statistically Zach isn’t the worst in the NFL. He’s near the bottom for sure. But QBs including Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones and Bryce Young are right there with him. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/15/2023 at 4:15 AM, AFJF said:

No idea why we do this to ourselves.  The just got embarrassed by a team with a new head coach with no HC experience, a new offensive coordinator and rookie QB because they hired Aaron Rodgers' drinking buddy to call plays. 

This won't be any different with Nate than it was with Paul.  Almost an entire offensive game plan within 15 yards of the LOS ever week.

Ding ding ding! Like father like son. Hackett has been as bad or worse than Zach.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:17 AM, Fantasy Island said:

Whenever Woody starts caring about winning, there will be changes.  Nothing will change until then.

Scary thing is I think he does care about winning. It’s just he’s incompetent how to do so. In his defense winning in the NFL isn’t a science. Look at how Pats have flamed out post Brady. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Both at once or just one at a time? Asking, mmm, like mmm, hmmm, a friend? 

Oh no - separately. Spreads out the pain commensurate to this season. Hitting them both at once would effectively “put you out of your misery”. This is like a BBQ smoker - you need to let it cook over time for that full flavor.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Oh no - separately. Spreads out the pain commensurate to this season. Hitting them both at once would effectively “put you out of your misery”. This is like a BBQ smoker - you need to let it cook over time for that full flavor.

Huh? If you are watching the game with four friends you would have  as many testicles to hit as the Jets scored offensive TD’s this season. On my way  to Home Depot this minute.  

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Statistically Zach isn’t the worst in the NFL. He’s near the bottom for sure. But QBs including Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones and Bryce Young are right there with him. 

I wouldn’t want any of those either, but they are all better, because Zach is the worst. And we are a 6-3 easily with just a little better qb play. Few more tds.

1B64BC7F-19B7-410A-BE63-7E666F8E80EE.jpeg

21 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I wouldn’t want any of those either, but they are all better, because Zach is the worst. And we are a 6-3 easily with just a little better qb play. Few more tds.

1B64BC7F-19B7-410A-BE63-7E666F8E80EE.jpeg

I have to laugh here because there were some strong debates in the offseason regarding production at the QB position and I consistently sited this as one of, if not the, most important stat for a QB....and was told, it's a meaningless stat.  lmfao.  And here we are, on 36 drive TD drought that is bound to continue on Sunday.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I have to laugh here because there were some strong debates in the offseason regarding production at the QB position and I consistently sited this as one of, if not the, most important stat for a QB....and was told, it's a meaningless stat.  lmfao.  And here we are, on 36 drive TD drought that is bound to continue on Sunday.

I'll take a QB who throws for 40 TDs and 30 INTs anyway over this single digit nonsense.

You can't win if you don't score points. I appreciate that he's cut down on picks, but we're spinning our wheels here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'll take a QB who throws for 40 TDs and 30 INTs anyway over this single digit nonsense.

You can't win if you don't score points. I appreciate that he's cut down on picks, but we're spinning our wheels here. 

100000%.   This fanbase has just been jaded by the INT because the QB's they've had throw back breakers and dont make up for it.  Zach is the worst of the worst in the category.  Just an absolute waste of space.  And this celebration of not throwing picks is ridiculous.  He's a check down charlie who is too scared to throw it down field.  And lets not forget, in between the last 2 INT's that he's thrown, he's fumbled 8 times. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

100000%.   This fanbase has just been jaded by the INT because the QB's they've had throw back breakers and dont make up for it.  Zach is the worst of the worst in the category.  Just an absolute waste of space.  And this celebration of not throwing picks is ridiculous.  He's a check down charlie who is too scared to throw it down field.  And lets not forget, in between the last 2 INT's that he's thrown, he's fumbled 8 times. 

As said it before, I get that the NYJ truly believe they can develop Zach Wilson into the QB who they thought they drafted over the course of the next 2-3 years. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You have a win now roster....you needed a real backup to #8, not a red shirt guy whose brains were mashed potatoes by the end of last season. They should have spent the $ on a Minshew-type guy and we'd be sitting top of the division right now. Tim Boyle?! Zach Wilson?! Come on...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

QB with single digit nonsense:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4360310/trevor-lawrence

image.thumb.png.f8e33446708b6f82e87afca70a877e86.png

Remember for tempering hopes:

This is a 4-5 in name only. More like 2-7 and could easily be 1-8.

Giants win was a miracle and Philly not far behind. Week 1 was a fluky win with Garrett Wilson’s circus TD catch and Xavier’s walk off punt TD.

This isn’t a solid 4-5 on the rise. Unfortunately it seems like the opposite. 

never left. I love this defense!

Q is my favorite. Sauce is a hoot. JJ & Qincey are breakout stars.

Playoffs are still in sight.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

Indeed. That’s why I semi checked out emotionally after the predictable Pats game. 

I'm still partly in the "Fear Of Missing Out" state. I came so close to switching off after Zach's dumb sack on 4th down vs. the Giants, I was so angry on how bad they had played. Ten minutes later I was loving every minute of the agony on the Giant fans faces as they stared in disbelief at what happened.

Sunday's game against Buffalo will likely be a disappointment ... but in true "Any Given Sunday" fashion, there's always a chance we pull off a huge upset, and I wouldn't want to miss that. So I'll likely multi-task while watching and pay more attention the better we do / less attention the worse we do. And if by some chance we do win ... oh boy, there'll be plenty more people "back in". :D