Regarding number 3, Joe B, are you serious?

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hahahaha.  We have 3 terrible qbs.  Doesnt matter which one plays.  We are losing out and getting the 4th pick in the draft.  That is the plan.

The plan is to get the best tackle possible and then bring in competent backup qbs.  Only question i have is, do they even bother drafting a mid round qb this year, or do they hold off 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Saleh is really way out of his league.  Did he not consider that Joe would repeat this nugget on the air? Guy has to go

I'm really starting to come around to that idea that he needs to go.  But I guess let's give him until the end of the season and then re-evaluate.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jigsaw89 said:

Zach does give us the best chance to win which isn't saying much. Boyle literally can't throw. 

No longer about winning this year, the symbolism is that they’ve finally acknowledged that the 3 year zach wilson experiment is a failure and they’re telling the team they’re going to have different qbs next year behind rodgers.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

No longer about winning this year, the symbolism is that they’ve finally acknowledged that the 3 year zach wilson experiment is a failure and they’re telling the team they’re going to have different qbs next year behind rodgers.  

The fact that AR8 is talking about a comeback if they can be in playoff contention tells me they are clinging to some kind of hope of winning this year.  Obviously it's highly unlikely we run the table (6-0) or even go 5-1 (which would get us to 9-8) but maybe they look at it as "until we're truly out of it, we're going to keep fighting for a playoff spot".  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

If all Saleh has on his mind is symbolism then we are in a lot more trouble then we think.  If correct then this is another sign of an inept HC.    

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The fact that AR8 is talking about a comeback if they can be in playoff contention tells me they are clinging to some kind of hope of winning this year.  Obviously it's highly unlikely we run the table (6-0) or even go 5-1 (which would get us to 9-8) but maybe they look at it as "until we're truly out of it, we're going to keep fighting for a playoff spot".  

I think it’s all talk.  They obviously gave up by playing boyle.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Zach is done here, but starting Boyle over Siemian is a borderline fireable offense. 

Only the Jets could bench Zach Wilson for someone who might be worse. 

How many times have we written “only the Jets” this season 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I think it’s all talk.  They obviously gave up by playing boyle.  

You might be right.  But if they gave up while still having a shot at the playoffs (no matter how unlikely it is), that means the rumor that JD and Saleh have been given assurances that they're coming back is probably true.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You might be right.  But if they gave up while still having a shot at the playoffs (no matter how unlikely it is), that means the rumor that JD and Saleh have been given assurances that they're coming back is probably true.  

It’s flawed and tricky what they did this year, risking the entire season on rodgers’ health knowing full well that wilson was never going to be anything.  So now at least they can sell the possibility of rodgers returning ‘if they’re in the playoff hunt’ while playing a qb who can’t put them in that position.  They’re still not playing guys who should be developed, saleh is clearly afraid of losing the young vets like breece and wilson who are tired of having crappy qbs so the sell of trying to win is still important now.  We’ll see what happens in the next 2 games and if there’s even a small chance of a playoff spot.  

6 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

To me it seems like the whole leadership of the organization has gone on one of those journeys that Rodgers takes in the off-season.   Winning out?  The team cannot get a first down.   Taking notes from a journalist on how to fix the team?  Responding to said notes by denigrating one of your own players knowing it will be repeated publicly.  Holy smokes what an absolute train wreck this whole organization has become.  Totally unwatchable to boot.   

Winning out?  The team cannot get a first down

Exactly

Taking notes from a journalist on how to fix the team?  Responding to said notes by denigrating one of your own players knowing it will be repeated publicly.  Holy smokes what an absolute train wreck this whole organization has become.  

Saleh either has lost his marbles or has no common sense whatsoever.  As HC, you CANNOT have such a close relationship with a guy in the media.  But even if he wants to be friends with Joe B, he has to account for the fact that Joe B doesn't hold things back.  No matter what you think of ZW, WTF is Saleh doing saying stuff like this?!

What an utterly pathetic leader he is!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

To me it seems like the whole leadership of the organization has gone on one of those journeys that Rodgers takes in the off-season.   Winning out?  The team cannot get a first down.   Taking notes from a journalist on how to fix the team?  Responding to said notes by denigrating one of your own players knowing it will be repeated publicly.  Holy smokes what an absolute train wreck this whole organization has become.  Totally unwatchable to boot.   

Well said.

When winning this CS/FO look great but when losing they look BY FAR THE WORST ORGANIZATION IN THE NFL.  There is a saying is chess, "any plan is better than no plan at all".  Outside of "hey we got AR8", these guys have no plan at all.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm really starting to come around to that idea that he needs to go.  But I guess let's give him until the end of the season and then re-evaluate.  

I think that he should absolutely go…but it’s not happening unless Rodgers wants it + picks next regime himself.

They’ll ride this regime and team out until Rodgers retires. But for the sake of fun…

If we do fire Saleh, let’s please go after Jim Harbaugh. We need an experienced head coach with a winning pedigree and an offensive background. But there’s not really going to be many of those available this offseason. So I think we’re kind of stuck with what we have.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think that he should absolutely go…but it’s not happening unless Rodgers wants it + picks next regime himself.

They’ll ride this regime and team out until Rodgers retires. But for the sake of fun…

If we do fire Saleh, let’s please go after Jim Harbaugh. We need an experienced head coach with a winning pedigree and an offensive background. But there’s not really going to be many of those available this offseason. So I think we’re kind of stuck with what we have.

You only do this if you let him pick his qb.  

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Zach is done here, but starting Boyle over Siemian is a borderline fireable offense. 

Only the Jets could bench Zach Wilson for someone who might be worse. 

If one wants to get Machiavellian here, playing Boyle the rest of the way boosts Zach's trade value...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

You only do this if you let him pick his qb.  

I think Harbaugh would want to coach Rodgers for a couple of years and win now…then rebuild.

Imagine Michigan wins the National Title this year and then the Super Bowl a year or two after? That’s legendary status stuff.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

The plan is to get the best tackle possible and then bring in competent backup qbs.  Only question i have is, do they even bother drafting a mid round qb this year, or do they hold off 

no see you would THINK this was a part of the plan, because it makes sense. but don't be surprised when that assclown douglas drafts a safety or a linebacker in the 1st round, and one that everyone else had as a borderline 1st round/2nd round talent. because that's how that fat POS rolls

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

no see you would THINK this was a part of the plan, because it makes sense. but don't be surprised when that assclown douglas drafts a safety or a linebacker in the 1st round, and one that everyone else had as a borderline 1st round/2nd round talent. because that's how that fat POS rolls

I doubt he does this though.  I think douglas understands positional value in the early rounds, he hasn’t drafted a safety or dt or ILB in the first 2 rounds.  He’s not mccagnan.

that said, the lingering problem is qbs.  Who backs up rodgers?  B/c next year you can’t go in with incompetent backups again and say oh well, Rodgers got hurt again, we didn’t think this could happen, but boyle can get it done.  That gets you fired.  Also i don’t think a guy like minschew saves their jobs either.  Not sure what the qb plan is, maybe they draft someone like pratt in the 3rd and put less risk into the position,or maybe they just sign a vet and say ok we’re Super Bowl or fired after the 2024 season.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Barring major injury Zach will never take another snap for the Jets.

The fact that the Jets continually play worse players on their roster over better players shows the coach is a tool.

There is no world where Tim Boyle is a better alternative to Siemian.

Yes to all of this 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I doubt he does this though.  I think douglas understands positional value in the early rounds, he hasn’t drafted a safety or dt or ILB in the first 2 rounds.  He’s not mccagnan.

that said, the lingering problem is qbs.  Who backs up rodgers?  B/c next year you can’t go in with incompetent backups again and say oh well, Rodgers got hurt again, we didn’t think this could happen, but boyle can get it done.  That gets you fired.  Also i don’t think a guy like minschew saves their jobs either.  Not sure what the qb plan is, maybe they draft someone like pratt in the 3rd and put less risk into the position,or maybe they just sign a vet and say ok we’re Super Bowl or fired after the 2024 season.  

Minshew is just about the best backup you can have.