Zach Wilson will be missed

11 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t know what I missed today but this is great. It makes this regime looks even worse. I hope he plays lights out and gets everyone fired. 

These dudes benched him for a man named Tim Boyle, who by the way, is not even on a NFL team right now and probably never will be again.  lmfao 

Zach has skill ... He has talent .. . This is not a mystery.. he needed to learn more about the Pro game before playing. That didn't happen .. hopefully the light switch turned on.

Let's not forget he needed to learn a new offense this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Hex said:

Jamarcus Russell literally never had a good game. Not only did he never throw for 3 TDs, he also never threw for 300 yards, which Zach has done 3 or 4 times now. And I considered other stats when analysing him too.

I can't  believe you just wrote that after Zach has practically played 3 seasons and are defending him. 

10 hours ago, varjet said:

The NFL is all about coaching.  The Texans did not have enough tape against the new Zach game plan.  Let Vic Fangio look at this week's tape and let's see how Zach 5.0 plays against the Dolphins.  

also the Texans are a warm weather team who plays in a dome. this is what, our 3 game in wet cold conditions?? 

Fangio is going to see that GW got targeted 14 times and take him away and see if Zach can find anyone else. yesterday only 2 other WRs got targets ( Cobb, Gipson ) and one each.

im surprised a DC/HC didnt adjust to that yesterday.

GW is 3rd in the NFL in targets, yet his catch % 56.7% is 159th....yes 159th in the NFL. that shows you that hes thrown to even when he isnt open. ... that a crazy stat.

11 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is proving you all wrong!

Today was a day that he showed he has all the tools and can be good NFL QB. 

It was one game, but he has improved this year, he's growing, he's maturing, he's gaining confidence, and he's learning how to be balanced between not thinking too much but making good decision...

Today showed there is still a chance of a Zach Wilson future!

Good for him, good for the Jets. We aren't done this year yet!

good for him....but not for the Jets.

even if he balls out for the next 4 games Rodgers will start next year and good willing play all 17 games...

then Zach is gone. 

Rodgers will return in 2025 and Zach will find a place where he can have a chance to start. and if im his Family and agent im telling him to get out on NY and start over.

you might be right and he turns a corner, but it wont be here and it wont be for a few years IF he does. 

your not going to regret he is gone

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Exactly.. my guess is Stroud comes back to earth at some point next year. We'll see .. it's rare for a rookie to sustain success like he has had in e the league catches up.

Back to earth ? Just because he is playing at a MUCH MUCH higher level than zach Wilson ( who has been at the very bottom for 3 years ) doesn’t mean he is off in the clouds lol. Most good qbs don’t look back and say their rookie season was their best yr. Unfortunately Zach’s first yr was bad, and he hasn’t improved much at all.

47 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I can't  believe you just wrote that after Zach has practically played 3 seasons and are defending him. 

He should have sat year 1.  Year 2 the OL was a mess and once Hall went down there wasn’t enough talent around him to help.   This year we hired the worst OC in the NFL.  The OL was a mess.  Saleh demanded a conservative O that didn’t turn the ball over.

Zach tells Saleh his an idiot who he doesn’t want to play for, demands a trade and goes and balls out. 

Year 3 with a terrible HC, 2 OC who were over their heads and a crappy OL and at best mediocre weapons.  

kid got himself in great shape.  He’s handled the physicality of the game without breaking down and has now freed himself from this dysfunctional staff.   Looked like a pretty good NFL QB to me.  

• Upvote 2

Back to earth ? Just because he is playing at a MUCH MUCH higher level than zach Wilson ( who has been at the very bottom for 3 years ) doesn’t mean he is off in the clouds lol. Most good qbs don’t look back and say their rookie season was their best yr. Unfortunately Zach’s first yr was bad, and he hasn’t improved much at all.
Stroud's seasons reminds me of RG3s rookie season. Way way above the line. Defenses need tape to attack a QBs strengths.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

good for him....but not for the Jets.

even if he balls out for the next 4 games Rodgers will start next year and good willing play all 17 games...

then Zach is gone. 

Rodgers will return in 2025 and Zach will find a place where he can have a chance to start. and if im his Family and agent im telling him to get out on NY and start over.

you might be right and he turns a corner, but it wont be here and it wont be for a few years IF he does. 

your not going to regret he is gone

Rodgers is done.  He checked out mentally last off-season and has had 2 devastating injuries 2 years in a row.  He should be doing sketchers commercials.

13 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What’s really funny is that guys like Dak Prescott get relentlessly attacked in the media for being chokers and not being that good, being overrated etc.

But Jets fans have these weird subsets who relentlessly defend one of the worst top picks to ever step on the field like he’s their son or something.

Zach Wilson is horrible. He will not be missed and there is no risk he’ll pan out elsewhere. 

The Cowboys are loaded on both sides of the ball.  They also have a HC who understands basic O and can actually call plays in a pinch.

He should have sat year 1.  Year 2 the OL was a mess and once Hall went down there wasn’t enough talent around him to help.   This year we hired the worst OC in the NFL.  The OL was a mess.  Saleh demanded a conservative O that didn’t turn the ball over.
Zach tells Saleh his an idiot who he doesn’t want to play for, demands a trade and goes and balls out. 
Year 3 with a terrible HC, 2 OC who were over their heads and a crappy OL and at best mediocre weapons.  
kid got himself in great shape.  He’s handled the physicality of the game without breaking down and has now freed himself from this dysfunctional staff.   Looked like a pretty good NFL QB to me.  
I gotta say ... I want the number of Zach's therapist because holding up mentally under the epic amount of sh*t piled on this guy is one of the most impressive feats of the modern age.

Dude is growing an iron skin.

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I gotta say ... I want the number of Zach's therapist because holding up mentally under the epic amount of sh*t piled on this guy is one of the most impressive feats of the modern age.

Dude is growing an iron skin.

He has definitely matured physically and mentally.  Seems a lot stronger this year.  Saleh on the other hand looks defeated.   He should move on to a college job.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Stroud's seasons reminds me of RG3s rookie season. Way way above the line. Defenses need tape to attack a QBs strengths.

Lol you cannot be serious 🤣 RG3 was run into the ground by Mike Shanahan. Suffered a bad knee injury and was never the same. He was a runner, and running qbs have to find out how to be a pocket passer quickly or they don’t last. It was a struggle for Russell Wilson for a while. Daniel jones suckks if he isn’t running for 800+ yards. CJ is a very good pocket passer, doesn’t rely on the run like RG3. Zach we all know is 1 of the worst pocket passers of all time. He hasn’t got it by now, he likely never will. What is there to see on CJ you think the D coaches will magically be able to stop ? Unlike Zach he sees things developing very quickly, makes the quick and accurate decision where to throw the ball. Doesn’t get rattled with pressure, There is not much stopping that. It is easy on the other hand to stop a guy like Zach who gets rattled by pressure, doesn’t make quick decisions, and often not the most accurate. He invites pass rush. 

Lol you cannot be serious RG3 was run into the ground by Mike Shanahan. Suffered a bad knee injury and was never the same. He was a runner, and running qbs have to find out how to be a pocket passer quickly or they don’t last. It was a struggle for Russell Wilson for a while. Daniel jones suckks if he isn’t running for 800+ yards. CJ is a very good pocket passer, doesn’t rely on the run like RG3. Zach we all know is 1 of the worst pocket passers of all time. He hasn’t got it by now, he likely never will. What is there to see on CJ you think the D coaches will magically be able to stop ? Unlike Zach he sees things developing very quickly, makes the quick and accurate decision where to throw the ball. Doesn’t get rattled with pressure, There is not much stopping that. It is easy on the other hand to stop a guy like Zach who gets rattled by pressure, doesn’t make quick decisions, and often not the most accurate. He invites pass rush. 
I think you are interpreting my comments on Stroud as some sort of attack. .. I'm not .. just saying i want to see him continue his play well into next year before anointing him the second coming of Joe Montana.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And Zach Wilson would suck on that team too.

Amazing how Jets fans believe its the QB  and not the organization.  Its as if we don't have a history of getting the least out of our talent.  Its as if young top prospects actually want to come here.

Rodgers came here because its a nice country club to retire with great benefits and all his buddies to play shuffleboard with, 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers is done.  He checked out mentally last off-season and has had 2 devastating injuries 2 years in a row.  He should be doing sketchers commercials.

he will be the starting QB next year and maybe in 2025. 

Zach will be on another team by 2025 the latest

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Amazing how Jets fans believe its the QB  and not the organization.  Its as if we don't have a history of getting the least out of our talent.  Its as if young top prospects actually want to come here.

Rodgers came here because its a nice country club to retire with great benefits and all his buddies to play shuffleboard with, 

I mean, there are clear, deep seated problems with the NYJ organization. I do believe we are bad at drafting and developing QBs -- I mean, clearly. I've gone on record many times as saying guys like Sam Darnold and Geno Smith were setup to fail here.

I just don't think Zach Wilson was set up to fail. I think he was set up for success. I think he had pretty good talent around him and was in a very QB friendly scheme, one that other QBs stepped in and produced in right away. He just sucked. Was like, unplayably bad. And the org bent over backwards to make excuses for him and protect him.

Like, running the Shanahan wide zone with Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, with Breece Hall as your RB. Conklin at TE. That's not a bad group! It's not a bad scheme! He just SUCKED. Mike White proved that he sucked by looking much better despite being a total jag.

It's true that Hackett sucks but Hackett is only here because Zach was so bad he got the last guy fired. Lazard is only here because Elijah Moore hated playing with Zach so much that he demanded a trade.

The idea that Zach is a victim here is laughable. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm not defending Zach, I am pointing out how terrible Jamarcus Russell was and using Zach as an example to show that literally every other QB was better than him.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, there are clear, deep seated problems with the NYJ organization. I do believe we are bad at drafting and developing QBs -- I mean, clearly. I've gone on record many times as saying guys like Sam Darnold and Geno Smith were setup to fail here.

I just don't think Zach Wilson was set up to fail. I think he was set up for success. I think he had pretty good talent around him and was in a very QB friendly scheme, one that other QBs stepped in and produced in right away. He just sucked. Was like, unplayably bad. And the org bent over backwards to make excuses for him and protect him.

Like, running the Shanahan wide zone with Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, with Breece Hall as your RB. Conklin at TE. That's not a bad group! It's not a bad scheme! He just SUCKED. Mike White proved that he sucked by looking much better despite being a total jag.

It's true that Hackett sucks but Hackett is only here because Zach was so bad he got the last guy fired. Lazard is only here because Elijah Moore hated playing with Zach so much that he demanded a trade.

The idea that Zach is a victim here is laughable. 

They won with a 2nd year QB from a small school when all those guys were actually healthy.  The were 6 and 3.

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They won with a 2nd year QB from a small school when all those guys were actually healthy.  The were 6 and 3.

You're missing what actually happened during that start though. Zach wasn't playing well. The team was winning despite him.

I mean, seriously, in 33 career games how many was he legitimately, objectively good in? Like, fans of other teams would be like "Zach Wilson was good today."

You can count them on one hand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I think you are interpreting my comments on Stroud as some sort of attack. .. I'm not .. just saying i want to see him continue his play well into next year before anointing him the second coming of Joe Montana.

Lol. No one is comparing him to Joe Montana 🤣 He is just a new age qb playing at a high level early. He’s not the only 1. There have been a lot of good young qbs who have played well out of the gate. This is the new NFL. Qbs like Zach usually do not get 3 years to play so horribly. Because there are ALWAYS guys coming up like a CJ Stroud ready to take advantage of the opportunities a guy like Zach has blown. More qbs coming in NFL ready, more qbs are retiring later in careers due to advanced medical procedures, rules to protect the qb, etc. There is just no room in the NFL for guys like Zach Wilson. I’d love to see him do well in the XFL, more on his level. 

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You're missing what actually happened during that start though. Zach wasn't playing well. The team was winning despite him.

I mean, seriously, in 33 career games how many was he legitimately, objectively good in? Like, fans of other teams would be like "Zach Wilson was good today."

You can count them on one hand.

Zach clearly wasn't ready to be thrown in the fire.  I appreciate your position.  My position is Zach has a lot of talent.  He need a lot of maturing and development.  The Jets are a slap dick organization.  None of that means Zach will be good somewhere else.  I just think he will because, Jetsy.