~~~Monday Night Football - Titans vs Dolphins, Packers vs Giants~~~

Beerfish

35 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

I needed them to score a game winning FG to get a first round bye in my FF league.  I texted my buddy, big Dolphins fan, "cant believe I'm having to root for you guys to win" - 2 minutes later - "I'm sorry for jinxing your team w/ my horrible Juju".

Completely unrelated and no idea how my brain works this way but my son opened that Jordan cab and said it was excellent

55 at Costco where it looks like it is about 80-90 elsewhere

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Completely unrelated and no idea how my brain works this way but my son opened that Jordan cab and said it was excellent

55 at Costco where it looks like it is about 80-90 elsewhere

Yeah, it's good juice.  The highlight from my little Turkey Day tasting was definitely the Grgich Hills Old Vine Zin.  It's a $200 dollar bottle but my god, is it unreal.  All their wines are good but I think that's like a club bottle, only available to member, but holy sh*t is it unreal good.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So Tommy DeVito, an UDFA rookie QB is this year’s feel good football story in NY?

Our boy is fun to watch, eh @Jet Nut?

He’s fun to watch.  Actually his family is fun to watch, he struggled all night.  
So what?  What does any of this have to do with me?  Did I tag you after Zach’s game on Sunday?  No I don’t care

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s fun to watch.  Actually his family is fun to watch, he struggled all night.  
So what?  What does any of this have to do with me?  Did I tag you after Zach’s game on Sunday? 

As a Jets fan I could give two $hits about DeVito and his family, and I’m a piasan.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Kid is a nice story

familyvseems authentic so expect to hear more goomba, paisan etc from the media even though they don’t have a clue

sfogiatelle over cannoli everyday

Kissing each other on the cheeks for 2 minutes when they know the cameras are pointing, and the agent wearing an outfit that he definitely got from Spirit Halloween by typing in "1930's Italian Mobster".  That all seems "authentic" to you?  Eh, whatev

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Kissing each other on the cheeks for 2 minutes when they know the cameras are pointing, and the agent wearing an outfit that he definitely got from Spirit Halloween by typing in "1930's Italian Mobster".  That all seems "authentic" to you?  Eh, whatev

You are spot on - the authentic part was sarcasm although the perfect stereotype for NJ.

I do think the kid is a nice story though.

Let's see how it plays out. If the kid played for the Jets, the media would have a field day with his family and not in a positive way.

Since it is the Giants, they are wholesome and class all the way.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Trotter said:

You are spot on - the authentic part was sarcasm although the perfect stereotype for NJ.

Let's see how it plays out. If the kid played for the Jets, the media would have a field day with his family and not in a positive way.

I dunno. If my kid was starting qb for the Jets and winning games I’d be kissing and hugging anyone I can get a hold of 

• Post of the Week 1

I think its less about devito and more about what Daboll can do with QB's. Dan Jones was a disaster this year but Daboll was able to have him playing serviceably into the playoffs last year. Now hes got a 3rd string practice squad kid winning games with an 80% completion percentage. This is why I prefer offensive minded coaches.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s a Giants fan who thinks we care.  
Hes wrong. 

Yep, I’m becoming one, and I’ll root for them as long as an Italian kid from NJ who played at Syracuse is their QB, and so should everyone else who has the same heritage.

You get a pass though. You’re allowed to root for the guy who’s with your niece. 😉

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yep, I’m becoming one, and I’ll root for them as long as an Italian kid from NJ who played at Syracuse is their QB, and so should everyone else who has the same heritage.

You get a pass though. You’re allowed to root for the guy who’s with your niece. 😉

****. I should have been rooting for Tom Brady this whole time?

GTFO with that sh*t.... and keep pretending you aren't a Giants fan. It's really clever and fooling everyone. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Trotter said:

Interesting theory.  The Jets are always the butt of jokes so maybe.

7 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I’m a fan. Can’t help it. Love that we eat up the stereotypes instead of getting but hurt 

I get a kick out of it too.  I think it's a great plotline in the NFL season and the script writers deserve a lot of credit. 

7 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

My guess is the agent understands marketing and DeVito is now on the radar nationally. 

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

****. I should have been rooting for Tom Brady this whole time?

GTFO with that sh*t.... and keep pretending you aren't a Giants fan. It's really clever and fooling everyone. 

A Giants fan trolling people on a Jets board is certainly one way to live . . .