Nice write up from MSN. Lots of good insight (post Texans game):

I didn't  read the article because there is so much rah rah over Wilson right now, I didn't  need to read another article like this. Before the Jets played the Texans, Boomer was on his morning radio show absolutely  killing Zach. Now crickets about the massacre.  Bad QB's are capable of having good games. I don't  know what the Texans D was trying to do, but Zach figured it out and exploited it. We also saw Zach completing a lot of risky throws that he normally doesn't.  Zach isn't  a guy that will normally fit the ball into a window not much wider than the football but he did it multiple times on Sunday. When was the last time you saw a pass like the one he threw to Conklin with the defender covering Conklin like a blanket. It was perfectly placed, hitting Conklin in stride in a place only Conklin could get to. This isn't  the norm for Wilson. 

I don't  know if this is going to be the norm. I don't  know if Zach is going to make the big pass play with the game on the line, I don't  even know if he starts scoring TD's which would be refreshing, but what I do know is for most of this season, save this one game, Zach has been horribly bad. Even the games we won, Zach didn't  have much to do with the win. The first game of the season, the D and ST were the stars. We lost what, 5 games in a row before last Sunday, mostly because the team couldn't  score. Now Zach is balling. He's  a warrior. He is overcoming everything that has happened  to him. What happened to him is he had to play QB this year and put up historically bad stats. This team owns the record for the worst first down % since they started keeping records. So now we have one ray of sunshine in this dismal season and all is forgiven. We are all happy Zach had a day. I work in sales. If I sucked for months losing sale opportunities  every week but I had one day where I outsold everyone else, do you think the boss is going to come to me and says you were a warrior out there today, or is he going to say, where the ef was this the rest of the year and you better keep this going if you want to keep your job. That is what Zach should  be told. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JetsRay said:

This is perfect and an amazing development.

The SOJF spin that Zach needs to go elsewhere to be successful because he lost the locker room, lost the team, all BS.

Zach overcame last year, he has grown, he NEEDED to grow up because last year was a tough lesson, but despite the fact that we aren't winning we are experiencing in real time the grown and development of Zach Wilson, that he can be "the guy" and everything is going in the right direction..

Rodgers gets this team next year, but Zach will still be here, and based on where Zach is now, and the major strides made this year despite more growing pains, he's finally gaining the confidence and maturity he needed to!

Well done Zach!!!

I thought they already agreed to trade him and that’s why he played better. Free Zach! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

What do you think the Jets could get for Wilson if he had thrown for 4200 yards and 27 TD's, 700 yard rushing and 9 TD's in his last 16 starts like Justin Fields? 

If you look at Fields rationally, with a very bad team and two coaching staffs he has shown improvement every year.  He's passing stats in every category have improved and are actually pretty good.  He's got a tremendous physical frame for the position.  I think Fields was under drafted when he came out.  He should have gone 2nd in that draft.  I think his value is pretty high.  

Chicago, unlike the Jets don't have a ton of cap space tied up for 2 years on another QB.  The smart move for Chicago is to make a decision on their coaching staff and try and get a long term deal with Fields before taking his 5th year option.

Fields is clearly worth more than Zach by a lot.  The difference is Chicago doesn't have a ton of money tied up on someone else and should tie him up.  The Jets have a ton of money committed to Rodgers for the next two years.  Unless Zach sees himself as a career backup, I'm sure he's going to want to leave.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

If you look at Fields rationally, with a very bad team and two coaching staffs he has shown improvement every year.  He's passing stats in every category have improved and are actually pretty good.  He's got a tremendous physical frame for the position.  I think Fields was under drafted when he came out.  He should have gone 2nd in that draft.  I think his value is pretty high.  

Chicago, unlike the Jets don't have a ton of cap space tied up for 2 years on another QB.  The smart move for Chicago is to make a decision on their coaching staff and try and get a long term deal with Fields before taking his 5th year option.

Fields is clearly worth more than Zach by a lot.  The difference is Chicago doesn't have a ton of money tied up on someone else and should tie him up.  The Jets have a ton of money committed to Rodgers for the next two years.  Unless Zach sees himself as a career backup, I'm sure he's going to want to leave.  

It’s best for both sides.  And truth when the jets acquired rodgers it was really a 2-3 yr plan depending on his health.  And even with rodgers presumably returning healthy next season the jets need competent backups.  They can’t rely on wilson to win enough games next year if rodgers goes down again and they may need to start drafting mid round qbs to groom their own backups.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is like when your aunt goes into hospice and everyone has to post on Facebook what a sweet old lady she is even though everyone knows she was a virulent racist alcoholic who smoked three packs a day and no one understands how she made it to 80 years old in the first place. 

Sorry that your aunt passed away, my condolences.

Zach will be a beast in this league, go back to your 5-minute session of missionary humps.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

Zach will be a beast in this league

When?

How long do we need to "give" Zach, since you said we just need to keep evaluating him and give him time?

When will he "be a beast in this league" as opposed to what he's been?

It's a simple question, you want folks to have faith and believe in Zach, the people you're trying to convince deserve to know when.

2024?  2026?  2028?  When.

• Post of the Week 1

Jake Asman pod cast explaining what was different Sunday. Robby Sabo at mark 14:00 to about 18:00 explains what changes were made that worked... 25:00 -28:00 mark Saleh explaining Zach's play and Robby's response are also very interesting as this has been building for a few games and Rodgers has a lot to do with it.

Zach is very gifted and reacted decisively and played his game Sunday... his mental game is a work in process and he needs to prove himself and it starts in Miami.

52 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I didn't  read the article because there is so much rah rah over Wilson right now, I didn't  need to read another article like this. Before the Jets played the Texans, Boomer was on his morning radio show absolutely  killing Zach. Now crickets about the massacre.  Bad QB's are capable of having good games. I don't  know what the Texans D was trying to do, but Zach figured it out and exploited it. We also saw Zach completing a lot of risky throws that he normally doesn't.  Zach isn't  a guy that will normally fit the ball into a window not much wider than the football but he did it multiple times on Sunday. When was the last time you saw a pass like the one he threw to Conklin with the defender covering Conklin like a blanket. It was perfectly placed, hitting Conklin in stride in a place only Conklin could get to. This isn't  the norm for Wilson. 

I don't  know if this is going to be the norm. I don't  know if Zach is going to make the big pass play with the game on the line, I don't  even know if he starts scoring TD's which would be refreshing, but what I do know is for most of this season, save this one game, Zach has been horribly bad. Even the games we won, Zach didn't  have much to do with the win. The first game of the season, the D and ST were the stars. We lost what, 5 games in a row before last Sunday, mostly because the team couldn't  score. Now Zach is balling. He's  a warrior. He is overcoming everything that has happened  to him. What happened to him is he had to play QB this year and put up historically bad stats. This team owns the record for the worst first down % since they started keeping records. So now we have one ray of sunshine in this dismal season and all is forgiven. We are all happy Zach had a day. I work in sales. If I sucked for months losing sale opportunities  every week but I had one day where I outsold everyone else, do you think the boss is going to come to me and says you were a warrior out there today, or is he going to say, where the ef was this the rest of the year and you better keep this going if you want to keep your job. That is what Zach should  be told. 

If you watched the film you would see the only open throws all year were tight windows like they had Sunday. He took the check down or threw the ball away all year until Sunday. 

The only question is if that was Zack or the coaches. I have heard the coaches preach that in the past so it is plausible to think he was following their plan.

If you want to play ball control football then you can't have dropped passes or penalties. It doesn't work. You also can't run on first and second down then throw a safe pass on 3rd and long.

I don't want to hear about last year because he has been light years better this year. I haven't seen hardly any obvious mistakes or horrible misthrows this year. To me that means he's maintained his composure this year. You don't know if he could have been hitting tight windows this year because he hasn't attempted to throw into any. It would seem he also was slowing down his own processer trying to be to cautious.

So now the only question is  if the lack of pressure is from circumstance or it was a conscious decision which is repeatable. 

I guess we should have a better idea by the end of the year as the pressure should mount with each successful game.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If you watched the film you would see the only open throws all year were tight windows like they had Sunday. He took the check down or threw the ball away all year until Sunday. 

The only question is if that was Zack or the coaches. I have heard the coaches preach that in the past so it is plausible to think he was following their plan.

If you want to play ball control football then you can't have dropped passes or penalties. It doesn't work. You also can't run on first and second down then throw a safe pass on 3rd and long.

I don't want to hear about last year because he has been light years better this year. I haven't seen hardly any obvious mistakes or horrible misthrows this year. To me that means he's maintained his composure this year. You don't know if he could have been hitting tight windows this year because he hasn't attempted to throw into any. It would seem he also was slowing down his own processer trying to be to cautious.

So now the only question is  if the lack of pressure is from circumstance or it was a conscious decision which is repeatable. 

I guess we should have a better idea by the end of the year as the pressure should mount with each successful game.

What the Hell have you been watching. Zach makes the decision where to go with the ball and Garrett Wilson is wide open most of the time. I have never seen Wilson with catch a pass with someone right in his face like Conklin had last Sunday. He makes spectacular catches but not regularly because he is difficult  to stay with. 

Saying Zach has had nothing but tight windows is BS. He has missed a number of open receivers this season. He has also fumbled or threw interceptions at critical times. We went to ot the first game of the season mostly because Zach fumbled in the 4th qrt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Larz said:

“He’s been through the wringer here in this city, and it’s tough man,” Garrett Wilson said. “It’s definitely been a tough go for him. And to see him go out there and just ball, man. He’s finally doing what he deserves. This is what he deserves. He put in the work for it.”

“That kid’s a warrior, man,” left guard Laken Tomlinson said, laughing about Wilson grinning in the huddle at the start of the game. “It really felt like [he was smiling] every play. He’s out there and you look in his eyes and [say], ‘Man, this guy has this warrior mentality about him. He’s about to go out there and do some damage.’ And he did. I’m so proud of him, the way he handled himself — all year, really.”

Zach Wilson obviously had his issues last year with attitude and accountability. But those were always fixable in the locker room, because his biggest issue with his peers was that he wasn’t delivering the ball when and where he needed to.

“He balled,” Garrett Wilson said. “Put it all out there, throwing dots in the rain and those things mess with what they were trying to do on offense. As far as what we were trying to do Zach handled it and that is always our goal, handle it better than them and we did. Zach went crazy today, like I said, he has got all the faith in us in the world. It is great to see him and the just hoop.

his teammates love him 

Yep. I think that’s the big takeaway.  Zach has been painted as some sort of sugar sweet, rich, mommas boy and sometimes people get completely misjudged.  Add to that the weak conference he played in and they start making excuses as to why he succeeded. Or why he should have been a fifth rounder at best.  He’s none of that and the best thing that happened on Sunday was that the rest of the offense showed. 

6 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Jake Asman pod cast explaining what was different Sunday. Robby Sabo at mark 14:00 to about 18:00 explains what changes were made that worked... 25:00 -28:00 mark Saleh explaining Zach's play and Robby's response are also very interesting as this has been building for a few games and Rodgers has a lot to do with it.

Zach is very gifted and reacted decisively and played his game Sunday... his mental game is a work in process and he needs to prove himself and it starts in Miami.

Is something wrong with that link? Because I tried clicking on it but involuntarily chewed off both pointer fingers instead.

7 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I’m old enough to remember when everyone thought Zach turned a corner vs KC

And the Titans game rookie year

And the Bucs game rookie year

And the Dolphins game last year

And the Bills game last year

And the Texans game this year

Zach is good for 2-3 decent games a year at most. I’ll MAYBE change my view of him being a total bust if he can string together four consecutive good games to close out this season. But I highly doubt it. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

No time to watch now (and I like my index fingers) but what has been building for a few games with Rodgers?  Something to do with Wilson?  While he was riding the pine?

22 hours ago, Larz said:

He’s been through the wringer here in this city, and it’s tough man,” Garrett Wilson said. “It’s definitely been a tough go for him. And to see him go out there and just ball, man. He’s finally doing what he deserves. This is what he deserves. He put in the work for it.”

“That kid’s a warrior, man,” left guard Laken Tomlinson said, laughing about Wilson grinning in the huddle at the start of the game. “It really felt like [he was smiling] every play. He’s out there and you look in his eyes and [say], ‘Man, this guy has this warrior mentality about him. He’s about to go out there and do some damage.’ And he did. I’m so proud of him, the way he handled himself — all year, really.”

These type of accolades used to be reserved for the men who stormed the beaches at Normandy, but alas

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

These type of accolades used to be reserved for the men who stormed the beaches at Normandy, but alas

So you got nothing.  I’m not surprised.  After Jamallpro tea bagged you all you could say was, “he’s no Ed Reed” 

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 3:28 PM, Larz said:

“He’s been through the wringer here in this city, and it’s tough man,” Garrett Wilson said. “It’s definitely been a tough go for him. And to see him go out there and just ball, man. He’s finally doing what he deserves. This is what he deserves. He put in the work for it.”

Zach Wilson obviously had his issues last year with attitude and accountability. But those were always fixable in the locker room, because his biggest issue with his peers was that he wasn’t delivering the ball when and where he needed to.

“He balled,” Garrett Wilson said. “Put it all out there, throwing dots in the rain and those things mess with what they were trying to do on offense. As far as what we were trying to do Zach handled it and that is always our goal, handle it better than them and we did. Zach went crazy today, like I said, he has got all the faith in us in the world. It is great to see him and the just hoop.

his teammates love him 

kiss my ass booty GIF