Fatcessa destroys Bobby Boy

Plen T

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gee, it’s almost as if the team has lost 6 games this year by 17 points or more  - with 3 of them coming on national TV! I wonder why these crazy Jets fans so mad? LOL

The team is a disaster and people are furious with a coach/GM combo that is now 17-33 together, including 13 (!) blowout losses by 3 or more scores. Shocker. 

I get all that my friend, I’m right there too.  I guess I cope with these things differently.  Instead of raging and complaining and being childish, I try to just keep moving forward.

We have been saddled with an inordinate amount of bad luck over the last 13 years….even by jets standards we have been horribly unlucky.  Much of it might be self inflicted but alot of it hasn’t been.  I can’t help but think we’re due for some good luck.

There seems to be this new way of thinking where ripping on your fav team, making fun them, constant snark and sarcasm makes one look like a more informed fan.  I’m not just talking about jets fans, I see it across all sports.  

Call me crazy, but I think we have a winning combo in JD/Saleh….I’m probably wrong, but they are our guys moving forward so I choose to root for them and hope for the best instead of having tantrums over what is done. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

he wasn’t wrong about REX.   Rex played with a roster not his. In 2 years he destroyed a good solid roster.  

I don’t care who’s roster Rex coached,  he had more success than Mangini had with many of the same players. Francesa is a Giants fan who hated Rex’s bravado. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He does. He hates the Jets.

And that’s why it’s very painful to have to admit that he’s 100% right about this coaching staff. 

He may be 100% right in this case but he is still a bloated self absorbed douchebag that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.  I guess he is now that he is the only guy in the room.

34 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I get all that my friend, I’m right there too.  I guess I cope with these things differently.  Instead of raging and complaining and being childish, I try to just keep moving forward.

You say I’m being childish for complaining - I think it’s at least equally as childish to be in complete denial of reality. 

We have been saddled with an inordinate amount of bad luck over the last 13 years….even by jets standards we have been horribly unlucky.  Much of it might be self inflicted but alot of it hasn’t been.  I can’t help but think we’re due for some good luck.

There’s been a ton of bad luck - I agree. But there’s also been a ton of incompetence. Both things can be true. And, since you really can’t do anything about luck, I find it more useful to try and focus on the things that can be changed. 

There seems to be this new way of thinking where ripping on your fav team, making fun them, constant snark and sarcasm makes one look like a more informed fan.  I’m not just talking about jets fans, I see it across all sports.   

Hmmm, maybe? I honestly haven’t noticed extra negativity as a new global trend in sports fandom, but I can’t help but note that those folks specifically ripping the Jets are a lot closer to reality than those who defend their woeful incompetence at every turn. We haven’t been in the playoffs since the first term of the Obama administration, FFS. 

Call me crazy, but I think we have a winning combo in JD/Saleh….

Ok . . . You’re crazy!!!! (I HOPE I’m wrong)

I’m probably wrong, but they are our guys moving forward so I choose to root for them and hope for the best instead of having tantrums over what is done. 

I’m always amused by statements like this. Why do you assume that the Jets fans on this board complaining about the state of this franchise aren’t rooting for the HC and GM? You don’t have to be optimistic about someone to root for their success. “pessimistic about” does not mean “rooting against,” it just means “don’t currently believe in” - Hence, the “instead of” in your statement above makes no sense.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

He may be 100% right in this case but he is still a bloated self absorbed douchebag that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.  I guess he is now that he is the only guy in the room.

I don’t disagree.

It’s painful for me to agree with Francessa

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You say I’m being childish for complaining - I think it’s at least equally as childish to be in complete denial of reality. 

There’s been a ton of bad luck - I agree. But there’s also been a ton of incompetence. Both things can be true. And, since you really can’t do anything about luck, I find it more useful to try and focus on the things that can be changed. 

Hmmm, maybe? I honestly haven’t noticed extra negativity as a new global trend in sports fandom, but I can’t help but note that those folks specifically ripping the Jets are a lot closer to reality than those who defend their woeful incompetence at every turn. We haven’t been in the playoffs since the first term of the Obama administration, FFS. 

Ok . . . You’re crazy!!!! (I HOPE I’m wrong)

I’m always amused by statements like this. Why do you assume that the Jets fans on this board complaining about the state of this franchise aren’t rooting for the HC and GM? You don’t have to be optimistic about someone to root for their success. “pessimistic about” does not mean “rooting against,” it just means “don’t currently believe in” - Hence, the “instead of” in your statement above makes no sense.  

To be clear, I was in no way singling you out on the childish complaining….I was commenting more on the groupthink/group talk of the board.  So I apologize if you thought I was singling you out specifically, I was not. 

And you raise a good point in your final paragraph regarding the “instead of”.   I get what you’re saying.  

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t care who’s roster Rex coached,  he had more success than Mangini had with many of the same players. Francesa is a Giants fan who hated Rex’s bravado. 

Fine but the downslope of the NY Jets started under REX. A DC who knew nothing about maintaining a team.  Baltimore passed him over and look at John Harbaugh.  REX sucks.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Fatcessa started hating Rex before the 2009 playoffs when he made the speech about how other teams should be afraid to play them.  Then Rex almost got the jets to the Super Bowl 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Fine but the downslope of the NY Jets started under REX. A DC who knew nothing about maintaining a team.  Baltimore passed him over and look at John Harbaugh.  REX sucks.  

Baltimore had a great GM who is now the VP of operations Ozzie Newsome.  They also have a smart owner who doesn’t meddle in football decisions 

Rex has his limitations as a head coach but he’s the best head coach we have had since Bill Parcells and it isn’t really even close

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Baltimore had a great GM who is now the VP of operations Ozzie Newsome.  They also have a smart owner who doesn’t meddle in football decisions 

Rex has his limitations as a head coach but he’s the best head coach we have had since Bill Parcells and it isn’t really even close

He is a terrible HC…..  best we had speaks to how much Woody sucks and can’t hire well.   He hires GMs like coaches.  Poorly.

REX is not good.  1 season of double digit wins and the rest was mediocre to terrible.   He made Buffalo worse.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He is a terrible HC…..  best we had speaks to how much Woody sucks and can’t hire well.   He hires GMs like coaches.  Poorly.

REX is not good.  1 season of double digit wins and the rest was mediocre to terrible.   He made Buffalo worse.

Yet Rex had as many double digit win seasons with the jets as Bill Parcells.  And more playoff appearances 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Im not a huge Rex guy.  I enjoyed the first couple of seasons but i do think the team deteriorated over time and they made crazy moves that undercut the success they had early on (2009, 2010).  Rex was the HC not the GM.  The blame falls more on Tannenbaum.  I do think Rex had too much to say regarding personnel moves, but again that is Tannenbaum's fault. Just like to today.  Its not Rodger's fault that JD listens to him, personnel is JD's responsibility .

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Listen - my Dad and I sat through that disaster in person on Thursday night. I’ll bitch and moan as much as I want, as loudly as I want, whenever I want. 

Since you and a few others seem to have a problem with other fans venting about this terrible franchise, you can get lost if you don’t like it! 

why is this about YOU?.....are u proclaiming yourself the poster child for the low IQ, sky is falling crowd? i couldn't be any more excited that your dad took you to the game :)

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

why is this about YOU?.....are u proclaiming yourself the poster child for the low IQ, sky is falling crowd? i couldn't be any more excited that your dad took you to the game :)

Yes, the “low IQ” folks are the ones complaining about one of the worst franchises in professional sports. 

The sky has been falling for 13 years, but you wouldn’t know it if it landed on your head 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, the “low IQ” folks are the ones complaining about one of the worst franchises in professional sports. 

The sky has been falling for 13 years, but you wouldn’t know it if it landed on your head 

so you think we should trade Sauce because he is soft too?

22 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

you didnt but you are taking offense on behalf of everyone i've wronged....so i am just asking if you share the views of your people...

This is an interesting characterization of this discussion, since this was your first post in this thread:

10 hours ago, k-met57 said:

The only thing more miserable than this jets season is the collection of miserable fans on this site.

who is the one “taking offense” - me or you? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Gee, it’s almost as if the team has lost 6 games this year by 17 points or more  - with 3 of them coming on national TV! I wonder why these crazy Jets fans so mad? LOL

The team is a disaster and people are furious with a coach/GM combo that is now 17-33 together, including 13 (!) blowout losses by 3 or more scores. Shocker. 

Yep.  Kotite lost fewer games by 21 points than saleh has over two seasons.

• Upvote 1

Listening to this i realize how dead we are for next year. Because the plan is to plug in Rodgers... I've seen enough of him to know that part of his greatness was using his athleticism to avoid the rush and roll out and extend plays that way... and then he'd find the  open guy... At 40, he won't have that mobility to serve him, plus our OL stinks.... We are friggin finished before next season even begins. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yet Rex had as many double digit win seasons with the jets as Bill Parcells.  And more playoff appearances 

So if Rex was the guy. What was the purpose of throwing Tebow into the mix when at the time Sanchez was still kind of a young qb with potential. Instead of 3 series to get a first down, Sanchez then only had two to get a first down. Just to sell jerseys. And Rex went along with it. 

that’s not smart coaching. He was just lucky. The Jets had a good team in 2008 that he inherited. Parcells inherited a putrid garbage organization that had to be fixed from top to bottom. You can’t even compare the situations.