~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/14

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Rooting for Packers and Lions today.

Packers with a great drive.

I'm honestly rooting for the Lions to take the whole NFC.

This game I'm mostly just hoping we have the first playoff game of the year that is respectable football.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Can both of these teams lose?  I mean you can't root for the Cowboys just because, but I'm admittedly quite bitter towards the Packers.

I suppose I can manage to see one lose today and the other next week.

Can’t root for Dallas.  I know GB is on our #Enemies list as brought to you by @T0mShane, but I dunno…I can’t exactly hate on them too much for playing hardball in the Rodgers negotiations.  

• Upvote 1

I was bullish this year in fantasy on the Packers offense. I took Aaron Jones, Jordan Love and Christian Watson in value pick range.

If they had played the first two months like they have this past month, I’d have made the playoffs and taken all the lunch money.

• Upvote 2

Just now, St Louie Jet Fan said:

Jordan Love is a great example of why you let rookie qb's sit and learn. I dont give 1 damn about how much they make and "windows".

So many cases of guys succeeding after sitting.   Even very early picks should sit to start their career.  Especially if the team is talent poor, but teams never learn.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

Jordan Love is a great example of why you let rookie qb's sit and learn. I dont give 1 damn about how much they make and "windows".

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

So many cases of guys succeeding after sitting.   Even very early picks should sit to start their career.  Especially if the team is talent poor, but teams never learn.

I think every situation has it's own context, but I always believe that you let the rookie play his way into the role. Get a vet.. either the vet sucks or gets injured and takes a lot of the pressure off the rookie while giving him time. Like, the worst that can happen is the vet is good and wins games..

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It took them over half a season for everything to settle into place but man the Packers are such a young fun explosive team to watch.

They are set up for years.

Shows you the importance of having a good young QB out there. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

If you have a great situation like Love got with GB, absolutely. Problem is, with most highly drafted QB’s, the team they are going to usually stinks and these young guys are better than the existing QB.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can’t root for Dallas.  I know GB is on our #Enemies list as brought to you by @T0mShane, but I dunno…I can’t exactly hate on them too much for playing hardball in the Rodgers negotiations.  

Fine, I will tolerate GB winning today to get smacked around next week.

Plus who knows, maybe we'll find out once the new league year starts that with the Rodgers conditions having not been met, other factors come into play with that trade too, like maybe the Packers now have to take back all former GB players from the Jets, plus the entire FO and coaching staff.

• Haha 2