~~~Monday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/15

Just now, Beerfish said:

Hurting ones back is no fun.  About once a year I manage to get major lower back spasms and I'm in the middle of one episode now.   Ugh no sleeping as a result.

I've heard JD is also a chiropractor and can twist you into a pretzel to stretch out that back

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, ausman said:

Maybe Siriano taking those 3 points off the board because analytics says to was the wrong move after all?  With the 3 points they were 2 scores down, without them game over.

Definitely. Teams are taking points off the board and going for it on 4th down way too much. Especially in situations like this where not converting 4th down essentially ends the game.

I hate Saleh. I hate Gase. I never thought Bowles was a good HC but I am happy for him

2 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Definitely. Teams are taking points off the board and going for it on 4th down way too much. Especially in situations like this where not converting 4th down essentially ends the game.

I hate Saleh. I hate Gase. I never thought Bowles was a good HC but I am happy for him

Didn’t understand them going for 2 down 16-9? But down 25-9 in the 4th kicking a FG makes no sense. Got to go for the TD in that scenario 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Welp, WC round was mostly awful.

Divisional round matchups at least look promising on paper (Ravens-Texans; Bills-Chiefs; 49ers-Packers; Lions-Bucs).

Yeah, some pretty garbage football outside of Lions/Rams.

Was rooting for the Bucs tonight, but I think that's the one game that has a chance to be ugly next weekend if they don't come out hot, although we'll see.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Other than the typical Dallas suck job in the playoffs so far this year is showing that winning your division means something, And several of the division winners were severely downplayed.

Eagles collapsed the last 6 weeks of the season and limped into the playoffs.   Bowles/TB won the worst division in the NFL.  Let’s see what happens next week.  

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

No the 2 point try made sense.

Explain? If they kick XP it’s 16-10. Get the 2 it’s 16-11? What’s that do for you that 16-10 doesn’t? And then they missed the 2 anyway so it’s 16-9.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Explain? If they kick XP it’s 16-10. Get the 2 it’s 16-11? What’s that do for you that 16-10 doesn’t? And then they missed the 2 anyway so it’s 16-9.

The tush push has like a 95% success rate and then 2 FGs wins.

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Matt Patricia has officially sucked at HC, OC and DC in the NFL. A tremendous accomplishment.

But all of these less than worthless supposed “great football minds” plucked from the “Belichick tree” should get on their knees in front of him because the scam has made them all multi millionaires when they shouldn’t be.

Patricia is a fake, pretending he never changes his clothes, because he’s burning the midnight oil.  Maccagnan had his coffee cups.

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t understand some of the stuff I read here. It’s like some of you live in an alternate universe.

Well, maybe not universe.  Let me cordially invite you to visit me on Mars though.

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

You as well

@Dcat here is to Godwin lighting it up for you but the eagles covering

Godwin no cover, but the Buccs did.   Had ML and points.

I said it before the games began:  there were two WTF games (wrong team favored) this week: Houston & Tampa.  Both took care of their overrated opponents easily.  The books were wrong on those two from the moment they set they odds.

Next week will not be as easy.  Wildcard week was outstanding from a betting perspective.

Eagles are one of 3 teams since 1970 to start 10-1 and not win a playoff game. Not to mention they didn't convert a 3rd or 4th down the whole game. They have an identity crisis.

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Other than the typical Dallas suck job in the playoffs so far this year is showing that winning your division means something, And several of the division winners were severely downplayed.

I think there's a handful of teams that the regular season is a pre-season to figure sh*t out. They're going to be in the post-season and everything up to that is just getting ready for it.