Raheem Morris to Atlanta.....

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look there's no way you can compare Morris to Belichick. Morris had a few years as a HC with TB and a losing record. But reports were he's been impressive with the Rams and deserves another HC chance. 

He was also super young when he got the Tampa job and was really just interim after Gruden was fired but impressed enough to stay on for a couple of years. I think he is head coaching material but just wasn't ready back then.

I give Atlanta a lot of credit for this hire and not caving to the "big names" if it didn't fit what they were looking for. This guy was the interim HC of Atlanta after Quinn as fired so the organization has a good idea of who they're getting and the fact that they circled back to hire him down the road I think speaks volumes. I hope he does well....seems like a true football guy who earned his shot.

• Upvote 3

Bellicheck's biggest issue for anyone wanting to hire him is he wants full control and he seems to have invested in neopotism the last few years.  He's a terrific coach but he's not good enough to carry his kids. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Has it crossed Woodys mind to change course? Even for a second? 

How do you do that though?  You're committed to Rodgers.  You're not gonna fire Hackett, and no respectable HC is going to take this job if they can't bring in their own staff.  Only way it would work is if we completely clean house(Rodgers included), but I don't think that's even possible, cap-wise.  If it was, I'd be all for doing it and moving up for a QB. 

Most likely we're stuck with what we've got for one more year.  Honestly don't think it's the worst thing in the world, since I do still want to see what this team can do with Rodgers.  Worst case they flop again and all of this happens next year.  Wouldn't be surprised if a handful of these names are still available next year as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

How do you do that though?  You're committed to Rodgers.  You're not gonna fire Hackett, and no respectable HC is going to take this job if they can't bring in their own staff.  Only way it would work is if we completely clean house(Rodgers included), but I don't think that's even possible, cap-wise.  If it was, I'd be all for doing it and moving up for a QB. 

Most likely we're stuck with what we've got for one more year.  Honestly don't think it's the worst thing in the world, since I do still want to see what this team can do with Rodgers.  Worst case they flop again and all of this happens next year.  Wouldn't be surprised if a handful of these names are still available next year as well.

They'll make the playoffs and get extended. 

Vrabel with the Titans, like the Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Bucs and BB, run a 3-4 defense.  I think the 3-4 defense is a classic Northeast, cold weather, tough guy defense.   Let's bring Vrabel and/or BB in and run that. 

The Ravens and Steelers have NEVER changed their defense.  They draft LBs in the lower rounds to develop.   This Woody flip the defenses back and forth is for the birds.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

right, lol … & I have a bridge for sale in brooklyn, cheap. 😉

They met the Rooney Rule simply by interviewing. They had absolutely no reason to hire Morris for DEI reasons simply to check a box. The impact of a head coach hire is enormous for a team. You may not like the hire, but they obviously feel Morris fits their plans and will work well with both management and the players. Like I said, no reason to whine about DEI when it just doesn't fit the situation. But carry on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

They met the Rooney Rule simply by interviewing. They had absolutely no reason to hire Morris for DEI reasons simply to check a box. The impact of a head coach hire is enormous for a team. You may not like the hire, but they obviously feel Morris fits their plans and will work well with both management and the players. Like I said, no reason to whine about DEI when it just doesn't fit the situation. But carry on. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9373734

The lesson for coaching candidates in this cycle: don’t be antagonistic toward your dipsh*t ownership or you’ll never work again. Better go into those interviews ready to slurp on some billionaire’s nutsack and give them carte blanche to meddle in your program if you want a job and to keep it. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The lesson for coaching candidates in this cycle: don’t be antagonistic toward your dipsh*t ownership or you’ll never work again. Better go into those interviews ready to slurp on some billionaire’s nutsack and give them carte blanche to meddle in your program if you want a job and to keep it. 

I’ve been telling my sons the same thing….luckily they’re still young so I’m trying to scare them into owning their own business or enjoy the taste of d!ck working for people.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What happened in Atlanta is probably the same reason why he quit the N.Y.J.

Stupid owners make for sh*tty owners.

Honestly I think the only “good owners” are Kraft, the Rooneys, and Bisciotti. Everyone gets lucky or not and even Kraft pretty much did with Brady.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You really think that’s new ?

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

You really think that’s new ?

I think so….even Seattles ownership gave Schneider one mandate in this hiring cycle….”make sure the culture remains good.” It wasn’t win at all costs….we want people at the espresso machine chumming it up.

49ers’ HC Kyle Shanahan on Raheem Morris being named the Falcons’ head coach: “Oh, it's way past due. Raheem’s one of the best coaches I’ve been with. I got to work with him earlier in my career in Tampa. When I was young I was trying to get my dad to hire him as a D-Coordinator. He ended up becoming a head coach so fast. Then I got a chance to work with him in Washington. Then Atlanta, he actually was on defense. He got to come work with me on offense for a year. The fact that he was on defense his whole career and can came to be our receiver coach, it was unbelievable how cool he was. How good he did. Always tried to get him here every single year. But Raheem’s been one of the best. He's going to hell of an organization, a good situation with good people. I’m really happy for Atlanta that they got him and more than happy for Raheem.”

On 1/26/2024 at 3:01 PM, Biggs said:

Bellicheck's biggest issue for anyone wanting to hire him is he wants full control and he seems to have invested in neopotism the last few years.  He's a terrific coach but he's not good enough to carry his kids. 

BB wanting to be GM has to be a deal breaker for anyone.  The guy can’t draft