The Tony Pauline article is here! Come on in! JD not a big dog. Saleh still sux. Hogan the leaker.

Look we all know Woody is an idiot... Most of us have been railing for him to hire a Football guy to be the President. Our only chance of salvation for this franchise will be when the entire stadium holds up signs that either say, SELL WOODY SELL, or ROGER, BAIL US OUT...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate to break it to you, but I’m not the one in this conversation coming off like they live in a basement. You’re the one who’s still upset about a guy who downvoted you on a message board 20 years ago.

Here’s a life lesson for you, free of charge. Rather than be envious of another man’s success, strive for some of your own. 

lol @ success

thanks for the laugh you hack

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

C’mon.  You think these guys under contract are going to be super truthful and transparent while the guy who writes them the checks is in the friggin room?

I think in today’s league players are more willing to be honest to owners in regards to their issues with GMs and HCs on the hot seat, yeah.

12 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Ok Tony. Back in your ex wife’s basement you go buddy.

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate to break it to you, but I’m not the one in this conversation coming off like they live in a basement. You’re the one who’s still upset about a guy who downvoted you on a message board 20 years ago.

Here’s a life lesson for you, free of charge. Rather than be envious of another man’s success, strive for some of your own. 

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

lol @ success

thanks for the laugh you hack

It’s so adorable that you think you’re talking to Tony Pauline right now. 

Nothing will change with this organization until Woody Johnson is no longer the owner.  We can endlessly debate whether the current head coach and GM should be fired-just like we did with the last HC/GM combo and the one before and the one before that.   Yet the person responsible for hiring them—as well as the structure of the entire organization-continues to ruin the organization.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get that you’re pretty stubborn to admit this because of what it means - we’re f**ked until Woody is gone no matter what - but it’s time for all of us to accept the truth on that.

If I believed that, I'd find another team to root for.  I may be a stubborn man, but I'm not into self-abusive futility for futility sake.  Life is too short for choosing hopelessness.

Our odds may not be great, but they're not zero.  IMO.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like a polite way of saying that Woody wouldn’t let him rebuild the team in deference to Rex wanting to throw money at free agents and try to bum rush another playoff run. 

While I completely agree that Idzik should have been allowed to hire his own coach, he accepted the job knowing Woody wanted to keep Rex. In doing so, he was accepting the situation and should have done his best to make it work.

In his efforts to sabotage Rex, he killed his own career.

13 minutes ago, Unruly Jets Fan said:

Nothing will change with this organization until Woody Johnson is no longer the owner.  We can endlessly debate whether the current head coach and GM should be fired-just like we did with the last HC/GM combo and the one before and the one before that.   Yet the person responsible for hiring them—as well as the structure of the entire organization-continues to ruin the organization.  

Honestly eliminating the GM position entirely would probably make things easier here. Go full Jerry Jones. Woody loves have plausible D tho so it won’t happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

While I completely agree that Idzik should have been allowed to hire his own coach, he accepted the job knowing Woody wanted to keep Rex. In doing so, he was accepting the situation and should have done his best to make it work.

I love how some takes include that the Jets have “tried everything” in order to find the right GM and coach. Search firm, consultants etc. what they don’t add is that Woody gave these reps specific instructions on what he wanted. Idzik was hired because he was the only one who agreed to keep Rex. Those were the parameters Korn Ferry was given. Half the guys they want to interview turn down the Jets up front. 

• Upvote 2

Woody and Hymie have already decided that this entire regime is going to be replaced in 2025.  He just doesn’t have the honor and decency to tell them, and he will let them make the draft picks and FA signings anyway.  It’s just moronic.  

the right answer is the bring in Vrabel now and let Saleh go to the 49ers.  Just need to work out the $.  Woody can’t do that.  JD sticks around and reports to Vrabel. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I’m guessing Idzik’s calculation was that he was only going to get this one shot with a desperate team that couldn’t find a GM that wanted to work with Rex, so he’d get in, reform the place wherever he could, and try to outlast him. Unfortunately, Rex had Manish on speed dial and Woody was hyper-manipulable, so he stood no chance. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's pretty late in the cycle to fire Saleh.

Only way it’d happen at this point is if Rodgers gets it in his head that Saleh is a weak fish and decides he wants Vrabel to come in and keep order moving forward. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Only way it’d happen at this point is if Rodgers gets it in his head that Saleh is a weak fish and decides he wants Vrabel to come in and keep order moving forward. 

But what would be the impetus for that to happen?  Certainly it wouldn't be the Athletic/Tony Pauline articles.  AR8 knows what's going on with the team far better than any reporter would.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But what would be the impetus for that to happen?  Certainly it wouldn't be the Athletic/Tony Pauline articles.  AR8 knows what's going on with the team far better than any reporter would.

Hypothetically? More of these palace intrigue articles come out in the next two weeks, Rodgers is out golfing with his NFL buddies, who are all sh*tting on the Jets because of said articles, Rodgers gets uneasy about everything and someone puts it in his ear that Vrabel would take the job. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hypothetically? More of these palace intrigue articles come out in the next two weeks, Rodgers is out golfing with his NFL buddies, who are all sh*tting on the Jets because of said articles, Rodgers gets uneasy about everything and someone puts it in his ear that Vrabel would take the job. 

Golfing with his buddies? 

It makes perfect sense why AR8 came here, btw.  The Jets are essentially permanent darkness.

• Haha 2

These stories continue to hammer home the fact that Douglas and saleh and the staff should’ve been fired.

Should’ve hired a new coach and gm, tell them they have 1 year with Rodgers to go for it, but to pick a qb for 2025 to sit behind Rodgers for a year. Go for it next year and prep for the future at the same time.

instead, you have lame ducks making decisions to save their jobs, not decisions for the jets and their future.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

To be fair.  I met Tony down at the Senior Bowl.  When he knew I wasn't a media person and simply a fan he really opened up and said he was actually writing this story about the dysfunction in the office.  He said the Jets building is such a mess.  Super cool guy who is as passionate Jets fan as all of us. 

Most of those issues could be corrected ASAP, the one that really bothers me the most is the offensive Line coach.  It does not help us with recruiting free agents who want to play for him and then you have to overpay.  Its really not necessary when their are better options available to teach and coach players up.  This is the most significant issue at hand.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m guessing Idzik’s calculation was that he was only going to get this one shot with a desperate team that couldn’t find a GM that wanted to work with Rex, so he’d get in, reform the place wherever he could, and try to outlast him. Unfortunately, Rex had Manish on speed dial and Woody was hyper-manipulable, so he stood no chance. 

I always heard Idzik was brought in with the GM title but more of an corporate efficiency and cost cutting guy.  Budgets, salary cap, review expenses, where can we cut, profitability increases, etc.....winning football games was an extra, it wasnt the number 1 objective of the hire.  Seemed more  like a corporate GM responsibilities, not an NFL GM's job description.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

To be fair.  I met Tony down at the Senior Bowl.  When he knew I wasn't a media person and simply a fan he really opened up and said he was actually writing this story about the dysfunction in the office.  He said the Jets building is such a mess.  Super cool guy who is as passionate Jets fan as all of us. 

Most of those issues could be corrected ASAP, the one that really bothers me the most is the offensive Line coach.  It does not help us with recruiting free agents who want to play for him and then you have to overpay.  Its really not necessary when their are better options available to teach and coach players up.  This is the most significant issue at hand.

I mean does anyone think Pauline is lying? Isn’t he a Jets fan? The Jets building is obviously a mess. Zach Wilson is still on the team and will likely be on the team next year too. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, doitny said:

there is something funny going on here. this is the 2nd hit piece in 2 weeks. somebody on the Jets really pissed off the media. they didnt get this mad with Bowles or Gase.

I truly believe Saleh wants to be fired.  He knew that 49'ers D Coordinator job was gonna be available and was positioning himself.  He wants out (but with a free year of head coach salary), land back out in SF, and rebuild his rep.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetpain said:

I truly believe Saleh wants to be fired.  He knew that 49'ers D Coordinator job was gonna be available and was positioning himself.  He wants out (but with a free year of head coach salary), land back out in SF, and rebuild his rep.  

Saleh wants out but does not want to pay for it.  He is being very shortsighted.  

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Woody and Hymie have already decided that this entire regime is going to be replaced in 2025.  He just doesn’t have the honor and decency to tell them, and he will let them make the draft picks and FA signings anyway.  It’s just moronic.  

the right answer is the bring in Vrabel now and let Saleh go to the 49ers.  Just need to work out the $.  Woody can’t do that.  JD sticks around and reports to Vrabel. 

But why won’t Woody do that now? Does Woody fire Saleh if they make the playoffs?

But why won’t Woody do that now? Does Woody fire Saleh if they make the playoffs?
Woody declared that Saleh was going to be the coach next season and now all the HC positions are filled. If he fires him now, why in the world would Vrabel want to work for a guy that did something that sh*tty? There's no way Vrabel would come here especially when there will be opening next year. This is all a ******* pipe dream.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

If I believed that, I'd find another team to root for.  I may be a stubborn man, but I'm not into self-abusive futility for futility sake.  Life is too short for choosing hopelessness.

Our odds may not be great, but they're not zero.  IMO.

I was here before Woody and will be here long after.  His suckitude should have no impact on your fandom or mine.  It’s a higher level commitment I chose when I was 10 and Hess was running the show.  It is unchanging and unflinchingly rigid.  F**k Woody.  He needs to be the one to go, not me.

And yet it still remains 100 % true we’re f**ked until he’s gone.  He simply can’t run a successful org.  He’s inept yet thinks he’s way smarter than he is because he’s accidentally wealthy.  It’s just the truth.  

And at 76 years old it’s too late for him to ever have a “come to Jesus” epiphany and finally do the right thing - hire a VP and get the f**k out of the way.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think in today’s league players are more willing to be honest to owners in regards to their issues with GMs and HCs on the hot seat, yeah.

It’s a lot to ask.  And even then…does it matter?  Woody changes nothing.  We’re completely running it back this year with everyone back but Hogan and the RBs coach.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s a lot to ask.  And even then…does it matter?  Woody changes nothing.  We’re completely running it back this year with everyone back but Hogan and the RBs coach.

Like - why is Keith Carter still employed?  I’m sure he came up in those exit interviews with players complaining, no?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Like - why is Keith Carter still employed?  I’m sure he came up in those exit interviews with players complaining, no?

Most likely due to the fact that no one else considered an upgrade would come here in a lame duck regime + they believe Rodgers, talent upgrade, and better injury luck will fix the OL.

I think Woody sitting in on these exit interviews is relatively new, possibly the first time he’s done. I can’t see this coaching staff coming back in 2025 unless they are at least the AFC Championship game (which they won’t be).

The biggest reason Saleh is here is because Woody is listening to Rodgers.

I actually expect Douglas to remain post-Saleh. Something very telling in Woody’s recent interview where he said (paraphrasing) “the talent is there we need to deploy it correctly.” That is ALL pro-Douglas and anti-Saleh.

• Upvote 1