JetNation: 19 years and going strong

On 2/19/2024 at 11:12 PM, Maxman said:

Smizzy.....

You have to presume he's here on JN somewhere, under some other name.  Nobody with his history (at JI then JN) just leaves being a forum addict forever unless they die.  They all come back, it's near-on universal, the only question is what the new name is and can they keep it secret who they were before.  Most can't tbh, but a few can.  And lets be honest, most of our posting and writing style isn't so unique as to be immediately recognizable.  I'd wager he's here, and active, presuming the man is still alive.

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

All true, right down to logging in at 3-4 am when we figured no one else would be awake in their mod forum, seeing “Bill Parcells is also here” lol.

I think we selectively posted things they said on the main board here and they were trying to figure out which one of them was a mole.

Though it would’ve been discovered in time, I’m sure, my screwup did end it prematurely. IIRC @Integrity28 randomly discovered the screen photobucket shots somehow and ratted us out. Then he made a pretty nice football logo for their forum/site. Then he further groomed sooth by picking two caterpillars off his pelt and eating them. Then he got banned there anyway.

I didn’t remember the username on the old photobucket account. JI Mole, lmao.

I don’t even remember this, except for the logos, threats, and banning. What a bunch of jerkoffs.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

You have to presume he's here on JN somewhere, under some other name.  Nobody with his history (at JI then JN) just leaves being a forum addict forever unless they die.  They all come back, it's near-on universal, the only question is what the new name is and can they keep it secret who they were before.  Most can't tbh, but a few can.  And lets be honest, most of our posting and writing style isn't so unique as to be immediately recognizable.  I'd wager he's here, and active, presuming the man is still alive.

PatsFanTX left for good. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wondering where Smizzy, SAR, PatsFanTX (banned?), and others are. From the JI days, I wonder where Green Jets and Ham and YoungJetsFan are -- I always appreciated their posts.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

He did some shady sh*t. I think he took pool money from a bunch of people and disappeared. So he may very well be dead. Then he did some other shady sh*t.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Wondering where Smizzy, SAR, PatsFanTX (banned?), and others are. From the JI days, I wonder where Green Jets and Ham and YoungJetsFan are -- I always appreciated their posts.

Green Jets and ham was humiliated after he got fired from his moderator position at ji and I think he got banned at ji. He was posting at jetsaddicts a while back. He’s the reason why ey and a bunch of others came here.

Smizzy is a criminal lol not sure if convicted though.

TX had some really sad personal issues going on the last time I conversed with him and I doubt he’ll ever be seen again.

Sar, no idea.

young jets fan is now old 

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

I have always wondered. This site meant so much to him back in the day. The way he left though, just couldn't leave a light on for him. And he knows that, so if he is here he has stayed pretty quiet about it over the years. Because I haven't been able to identify him. Not saying I am the sharpest ... ah, you get my point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, faba said:

The good old days of being a moderator-Max made great choices Smizzy and Stormshadow hah hah

I picked you, that was a good choice. All downhill from there.  :)

When @The Gun Of Bavaria was still a mod on ji, but posting here. We could tell he was getting crap about it. @T0mShane and I did a call and we were like we are not hanging up until we have a deal we can offer GOB that he will accept.

We worked it out, then we reached out to GOB and the was a moderator within the hour.

That was some serious free agency deadline stuff back then. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I would love to have Tx back honestly. He is a great guy, he ruffled feathers, but he cared about this place a lot. Other than the time he told me my panties were in a bunch lol. Good dude. I am not sure about any of the others, where they are now etc. 

As @BP said though, when one of the ji exoduses was about to happen we knew it was either going to be that we were getting EY or Green Jets and Ham. We actually stayed out of that one. We have lost mod forum access by that point in time. Thanks @Sperm Edwards.

But the one thing we definitely knew that letting sooth pick was in our best interest because he would pick wrong.

On paper it looks like EY vs Green Jets and Ham. Sooth picked Ham and what we got instead was EY and like 8000 other posters that followed him. Best thing ever.

What they hell is EY's name here? I know it got changed. I wanted to tag him and I really hope he starts posting again soon. Great guy!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I would love to have Tx back honestly. He is a great guy, he ruffled feathers, but he cared about this place a lot. Other than the time he told me my panties were in a bunch lol. Good dude. I am not sure about any of the others, where they are now etc. 

As @BP said though, when one of the ji exoduses was about to happen we knew it was either going to be that we were getting EY or Green Jets and Ham. We actually stayed out of that one. We have lost mod forum access by that point in time. Thanks @Sperm Edwards.

But the one thing we definitely knew that letting sooth pick was in our best interest because he would pick wrong.

On paper it looks like EY vs Green Jets and Ham. Sooth picked Ham and what we got instead was EY and like 8000 other posters that followed him. Best thing ever.

What they hell is EY's name here? I know it got changed. I wanted to tag him and I really hope he starts posting again soon. Great guy!

@ZachEY

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

@The Crusher was one of the 2008 refugees. It was a bonanza. Sooth once again shoot’s himself in the foot.

It kind of shows that Sooth wasnt too intelligent (which we knew anyways), but was in the right place at the right time with JI. And now he can take personal responsibility for its demise. All for some emails for nickels and dimes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BP said:

@The Crusher was one of the 2008 refugees. It was a bonanza. Sooth once again shoot’s himself in the foot.

It kind of shows that Sooth wasnt too intelligent (which we knew anyways), but was in the right place at the right time with JI. And now he can take personal responsibility for its demise. All for some emails for nickels and dimes.

I followed EY, CTM and JiF here. Stayed because I hated that prick @pauliec. Forgot why, just remembered I did 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, BP said:

He (GJ&H) absolutely loathed me after he had his meltdown in the Politics forum. That was the beginning of the end of him on JI.

Again, Politics Forums are bad on Sports Forums.

But it exposed who he really was, frankly.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

He (GJ&H) absolutely loathed me after he had his meltdown in the Politics forum. That was the beginning of the end of him on JI.

Again, Politics Forums are bad on Sports Forums.

But it exposed who he really was, frankly.  

I remember talking to @Maxman about GJ&H at that time after he was promoted to the prestigious position of moderator at JI. Mostly because he was a highly sought out free agent for the (at the time) our active baseball forum.  Max said and I quote “horrible decision by Sooth, he’s too thin skinned for that job” :rl:  welp, how did that play out? 

• Haha 2

On 2/24/2024 at 10:27 PM, Maxman said:

I picked you, that was a good choice. All downhill from there.  :)

When @The Gun Of Bavaria was still a mod on ji, but posting here. We could tell he was getting crap about it. @T0mShane and I did a call and we were like we are not hanging up until we have a deal we can offer GOB that he will accept.

We worked it out, then we reached out to GOB and the was a moderator within the hour.

That was some serious free agency deadline stuff back then. 

image.png.6e0ab0da12a0fe2a184f1bab7f742230.png

I still have the press release photo from that phone call. The greatest part is how pissed off Sean was when I bailed. 

• Haha 2

On 2/25/2024 at 9:57 PM, BP said:

I remember talking to @Maxman about GJ&H at that time after he was promoted to the prestigious position of moderator at JI. Mostly because he was a highly sought out free agent for the (at the time) our active baseball forum.  Max said and I quote “horrible decision by Sooth, he’s too thin skinned for that job” :rl:  welp, how did that play out? 

That is great. Ham told me he wanted to bring boxing gloves to a Jets game and box me when I first signed up for ji.

Is he posting anywhere these days?

17 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

image.png.6e0ab0da12a0fe2a184f1bab7f742230.png

I still have the press release photo from that phone call. The greatest part is how pissed off Sean was when I bailed. 

Too funny.

Did he give you a lot of crap?