Aaron Rodgers

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

I agree, I never said Hackett was anything other than just being a guy that works well with Rodgers. That’s why he’s here and assuming the two work well together next year and we get a full season with Rodgers, he’s fine for this specific scenario. When Aaron is gone, he should go with him.

Hackett has a retirement fund from the Broncos.  They hired Hackett for the same reason we did, but paid much more. 

Nate Hackett seems like a good guy not very good at his job.   He will find his best self in his next stage of life. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I keep reading all this ridiculous criticism from people on this board about Rodgers and its really some of the stupidest sh*t I have ever read. 

The guy comes here as a HOF QB Shows up for Rookie Camp, shows up for OTA's Takes a huge pay cut and does nothing but stay positive since he's been here yet Jets fans 

blame him for last years debacle ? Sure you may blame him for bringing in a few players he felt could help the team like Cobb but Its obvious Cobb 

while now pretty much washed up was here to change a culture and basically be a player coach to help with the transition. Yes you can make the argument 

he was taking up an important roster spot, since they are all Important, but some players and coaches value what some of these older players bring and felt it 

would help our young roster. I tend to agree with that philosophy. When it comes to Lazard the Jets signed him way before Aaron was signed, sure they figured 

It might lure in the HOF QB, no one expected him to suck so bad but he did. So we get a guy this year in FA move Lazard accordingly and see if things change 

this upcoming season and we have to hope they do. Turner was not brought in here to start he was a body brought in not expecting the entire line to get hurt

forcing him into a starting role. Not one single team in this league could have succeeded with what the Jets dealt with this year not even KC or SF so get over it.

When it comes to the garbage narrative of Rodgers running the team, that's also pure nonsense. Do the Jets value Rodgers opinion ? I'm sure they do. I'm sure anyone with a 

Brain should work with a QB who has been in this game his entire life and actually played at the highest level in this leagues history for 20+ years. But none of that is good enough 

for Jets fans they must find fault in everything because the guys foot got stuck in the sh*tty turf at Metlife and lost the season. 

If Jets fans should cry about anything they should be crying about the dumb luck this franchise has endured for the last 54 years.

Its time to be positive. Constant negativity by such a large amount of people will continue to bring nothing but negativity. I'm a big believer that large scale 

thoughts (positive or negative) do effect things in life and I do believe this franchise is 100% effected by it. It blows my mind how a guy can come in here and try to 

be positive and get nothing but negative in return. That's a huge let down . If you're a true Jets fan you can help change the culture as well.

Reality is that the Rodgers trade is one of the worst trades in NFL history. It makes me truly angry and my interest in the Jets is s at its lowest ever. No issue with Rodgers himself, just the trade and especially doubling down on it for next season. You could not make a worse move if you tried. The Jets are part of my soul but the sheer idiocy of this move, and the buy-in by Jets fans of continuing for another season is bewildering 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, varjet said:

Hackett has a retirement fund from the Broncos.  They hired Hackett for the same reason we did, but paid much more. 

Nate Hackett seems like a good guy not very good at his job.   He will find his best self in his next stage of life. 

I don't doubt that Hackett is good on offensive concepts and communicating well with players during the week in practice.

But he clearly is not a good play-caller, game day adjustment coach, or someone who pays attention to detail. He's an offensive assistant, not a coordinator. 

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its pretty common knowledge this team is a QB away from contention. you can't predict injury and you cant predict injury at the ridiculous amount we have dealt with over the past few years on the OL. If Rodgers plays last year this team easily makes the playoffs because we were in just about every game , games we could not even score a TD in Unless you think Rodgers would have played like Zach Wilson and threw for 4 TD's in like 12 games

I'm not sure how you watch the super bowl and don't think we were strong contender to win it all. 

Rodger playing would have beat the chiefs. 

We basically beat them with Zach wilson before he was playing better and Hackett calling worst plays possible.

Qb makes big diff.

People don't want to admit but with an actual good offensive out put our def shut teams down.

Rodgers changes everything.

Next year can be great if we can keep him upright

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Biggs said:

He didn’t call plays for Rodgers in GB.  Lafluer did.   He was his caddy.

I’ve been told that Aaron is the one calling the plays based on what he’s reading at the line of scrimmage. If that’s the case, it’s the system that matters. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I’ve been told that Aaron is the one calling the plays based on what he’s reading at the line of scrimmage. If that’s the case, it’s the system that matters. 

Lafluer system isn't being run by Hackett.  Hackett system, the one that got him fired in Denver is being run by Hackett.   

Since we have never seen Rodgers call the plays for Hacketts system it's pure speculation that it will be any good.  

What we saw last year in the playoffs is that Lefluer, who Rodgers didn't want to play for, knows how to design an O and call the plays.   We also know that Rodgers who wanted more freedom to run the O, won two NFL MVP's in Lefluers O with Lefluer calling the plays.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its pretty common knowledge this team is a QB away from contention. you can't predict injury and you cant predict injury at the ridiculous amount we have dealt with over the past few years on the OL. If Rodgers plays last year this team easily makes the playoffs because we were in just about every game , games we could not even score a TD in Unless you think Rodgers would have played like Zach Wilson and threw for 4 TD's in like 12 games

I remember 2004 when we were a FG kick away from the AFC Championship game.   We drafted Nuge in the 2nd round.  Nuge was healthy all year and we went 4 and 12.  

Every team in the NFL is going to have roster and coaching changes.  It's crazy to predict next year based on this year.  The league is not designed for the kind of continuity you're using to predict next year.

23 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Reality is that the Rodgers trade is one of the worst trades in NFL history. It makes me truly angry and my interest in the Jets is s at its lowest ever. No issue with Rodgers himself, just the trade and especially doubling down on it for next season. You could not make a worse move if you tried. The Jets are part of my soul but the sheer idiocy of this move, and the buy-in by Jets fans of continuing for another season is bewildering 

Considering the trade value of Rodgers was established by the NY Jets when we traded for Favre it was pretty ugly.  On the positive side Favre had one of his best seasons the second year after the Jets traded for him before he fell off a cliff in year 3 after the trade and finally retired. 

39 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Considering the trade value of Rodgers was established by the NY Jets when we traded for Favre it was pretty ugly.  On the positive side Rodgers had one of his best seasons the second year after the Jets traded for him before he fell off a cliff in year 3 after the trade and finally retired. 

I think you meant Favre?

The Favre deal should have been the upper limit for the trade since Favre only had 1 year left whereas Rodgers came with a huge cap hit. GB was so screwed that we probably could have gotten Rodgers for a single 3rd day pick.  What we gave up for him was completely idiotic and then we compounded the error with all the personnel decisions to placate him. And quite frankly, the result we had this year should have always been considered a very distinct possibility. Maybe not 4 snaps total but significant lost time. 

To me it is a franchise killing move that just moved any possibility of being good out 3 years or more and has probably cost us the window of Sauce and Hall and JJ on reasonable contracts. Truly one of the worst moves ever by a NFL team.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I think you meant Favre?

The Favre deal should have been the upper limit for the trade since Favre only had 1 year left whereas Rodgers came with a huge cap hit. GB was so screwed that we probably could have gotten Rodgers for a single 3rd day pick.  What we gave up for him was completely idiotic and then we compounded the error with all the personnel decisions to placate him. And quite frankly, the result we had this year should have always been considered a very distinct possibility. Maybe not 4 snaps total but significant lost time. 

To me it is a franchise killing move that just moved any possibility of being good out 3 years or more and has probably cost us the window of Sauce and Hall and JJ on reasonable contracts. Truly one of the worst moves ever by a NFL team.

Yes I did mean Favre.  I should have just said the second best QB in GB history to Starr. 

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Rodgers hate based on non-football related issues is so transparent.

The Rodgers hate is nothing short of Ridiculous Its almost like people are wanting Rodgers to get hurt again to say see I was RIGHT !!!!

We all know Rodgers is 40 but what player in the histroy of the NFL came off a Achil;lies injury as fast as that 40 year old man ? The answer is no one. Rodgers is obviously in great shape and takes very good care of his body. Keeping him upright and protected this up comming season is the goal and if you do that there is no doubt in my mind he will tear it up. 

Also Rodgers is not sitting on some throne waiting for JD and Saleh to come groveling to him asking for trade and FA approval. And yes thats exactly how the Media spins it. 

if Rodgers is in on Discussions with the Owner HC and GM (which NO ONE should have any problem with) I say thats fine ...Why would you not take advice or suggestions from a HOF QB that wants to win and bring a SB to NY for the first time in 54 years.

10 hours ago, Larz said:

Rodgers with the packers was a Mount Rushmore first ballot HOF QB

Rodgers with the jets is the punchline to a joke. 

J!

Let him play a season before you judge . the guy is in great shape and brings a positive message so why not feel confident. 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:09 PM, JohnnyLV said:

He’s one of the greatest QBs of all time. Even if it doesn’t work out you really are going to fault the Jets for taking a swing at it? It’s Aaron Rodgers not Tim Tebow. Again, top 5 QB of all time Aaron Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Let him play a season before you judge . the guy is in great shape and brings a positive message so why not feel confident. 

I really believe that if Aaron Rodgers thought he couldn’t play anymore he’d retire. The guy has a tremendous ego. Hes not going back out there to embarrass himself. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/19/2024 at 10:14 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I don't doubt that Hackett is good on offensive concepts and communicating well with players during the week in practice.

But he clearly is not a good play-caller, game day adjustment coach, or someone who pays attention to detail. He's an offensive assistant, not a coordinator. 

Hackett wasn’t calling the plays in Green Bay it was Rodgers

2 hours ago, MostlyHarmless said:

I really believe that if Aaron Rodgers thought he couldn’t play anymore he’d retire. The guy has a tremendous ego. Hes not going back out there to embarrass himself. 

He probably can still play at a high level my main concern is his durability and we have no backup qb 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:09 PM, JohnnyLV said:

It’s not even remotely close to one of the worst. Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams…

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He probably can still play at a high level my main concern is his durability and we have no backup qb 

Why would durability be a concern ? he has been durable his entire career he had a few Major Injuries I think he broke a Collar Bone, Broke his finger last year and played through it and then the Achillies and those injuries are not part of being durable . If he starts having  soft tissue injuries causing him to miss games throughout the season then I would agree Durability would be a concern but he's never really had that issue

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not even remotely close to one of the worst. Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams…

Its funny people would say that but we only gave up 2 slots in the first round and a second round pick. That being said the trade has not even played itself out yet since he has not even played more than 4 downs yet. Its really an outlandish claim TBH

Just now, dbatesman said:

He's 40, coming off a devastating injury, and plays on the worst turf in the league

I get that and the worst part would be the turf unfortunately that effects the whole team. If he was in bad shape I would also agree but he's not and look how fast that 40 year old rehabbed the Achillies. 

The key matter here is Idiot Woody should be worried about his teams well being and change the god damn turf. Get the Banner Plane ready along with the petitions

20 hours ago, bicketybam said:

The Rodgers hate based on non-football related issues is so transparent.

I'm almost done with this team.  The owner is a political hack who is bringing his own brand of fake news BS in.

PS: I fully expect this post the be deleted.....one more reason. 

Aaron Rodgers was pictured hiking with fellow anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy Jr on Tuesday

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

If the OP is correct, then Rodgers should tell the GM and Head Coach, "You know what guys, I tried my hand at helping to improve the roster, and it did not work out too well.  For now on, I'll leave the personnel decisions to you, and I'll continue to help my teammates (especially the backup  QB's and all the WR's  improve their game.

That would go miles in helping the Jets, and show that Rodgers is indeed back on track to helping the Jets the right and best way.