OT Mike Onwenu to hit open market

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Frankly, with Evans getting a new deal and Devante Adams seemingly off the table, the smartest move would be for the Jets to attack the sh*t out of the OL in FA and take either Odunze, Nabers or Bowers at #10.

Dont worry, this exactly what they're doing.  Rodgers has told everyone there is a 0 % chance he's taking the field w/ a rookie at both T positions.  They will fill both in FA and dont be surprised if they bring back Becton as well, Rodgers loves him.

• Upvote 1

Dont worry, this exactly what they're doing.  Rodgers has told everyone there is a 0 % chance he's taking the field w/ a rookie at both T positions.  They will fill both in FA and dont be surprised if they bring back Becton as well, Rodgers loves him.
Source?

41 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Even if that’s what the jets want to do, the top 3 wrs could well be gone by pick 10 anyway.  

49 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

This is ridiculous. In what scenario would we even have rookies at both T positions?  My guess is we go hard after a tackle with left/right versatility in FA (Trent Brown), we sign a LT on the cheap (Bakhtiari) both to be backed up by Warren.  And we draft a tackle that can start his career at RG (Fuaga/Fautanu).  If a receiver or Bowers drops, we might consider them at 10. But AR has been vocal about playing with rookie WRs, so I think it’s OL all the way.

3rd round we need to go WR (Legette/Rice). 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is ridiculous. In what scenario would we even have rookies at both T positions?  My guess is we go hard after a tackle with left/right versatility in FA (Trent Brown), we sign a LT on the cheap (Bakhtiari) both to be backed up by Warren.  And we draft a tackle that can start his career at RG (Fuaga/Fautanu).  If a receiver or Bowers drops, we might consider them at 10. But AR has been vocal about playing with rookie WRs, so I think it’s OL all the way.

3rd round we need to go WR (Legette/Rice). 

They’re probably not getting a top 3 wr anyway.  And with so much criticism about how douglas hasn’t fixed the OL, he’d be an idiot not to go OL with several quality tackles there.  

19 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Could definitely get on board with this one.

Might ease the pain of letting Bryce Huff go. Swapping Huff for Onwenu, in cap terms, would be a fair deal.

Heard Huff may only get 12-14 M per year which is doable for us.

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Heard Huff may only get 12-14 M per year which is doable for us.

That would absolutely be worth doing for us.  I hope it's true - I would really hate to see a 25 year old, home grown impact pass-rusher walk out the door as a FA.

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

That would absolutely be worth doing for us.  I hope it's true - I would really hate to see a 25 year old, home grown impact pass-rusher walk out the door as a FA.

Connor was ‘informed’ other teams are interested but no higher than 12-14 range. He’d be better off staying here but seems he’s bent on getting best offer which we can match if it’s in that range.

35 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Connor was ‘informed’ other teams are interested but no higher than 12-14 range. He’d be better off staying here but seems he’s bent on getting best offer which we can match if it’s in that range.

It might come down to playing time promises too. He wants to play more, and he doesn't seem to be a fan of the rotation. Hopefully, we can work something out that will keep him a Jet.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Source?

My sources. 

8 hours ago, jetsfan56 said:

FWIW there is a lot of anecdotal evidence showing the antibiotic Cipro is being linked to soft tissue injury/ tendon injuries so much so there is a black box warning on it. A podiatrist friend has treated at least 8 Achilles tears in the last year that he says are linked to taking Cipro. My only point is that sometimes it is hard to tell why some get injured and others don’t or why some injuries are worse than others. During their 2015 run Brandon Marshall got his leg bent back at an awkward angle and most people watching were sure he was done for the year and he thought he was injured but ended up coming back in the game. AVT walked off without a limp after his Achilles injury. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

God I love it when you talk about your podiatrist!  Wait, did I say that out loud?