Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

Aaron Rodgers is an $18mm cap hit this year to play and then there is $40mm to account for in 2025+ if he never plays. 

If he retires to be the veep for a degenerate who treated his ex-wife so badly she hung herself in the family home, he is a $14mm cap hit in each of 2024 and 2025 if designated post June 1.  

if I am Woody I am praying AR8 runs and then pick up JJ or Nix at 10, play TT and Zw and move forward.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

Aaron Rodgers is an $18mm cap hit this year to play and then there is $40mm to account for in 2025+ if he never plays. 

If he retires to be the veep for a degenerate who treated his ex-wife so badly she hung herself in the family home, he is a $14mm cap hit in each of 2024 and 2025 if designated post June 1.  

if I am Woody I am praying AR8 runs and then pick up JJ or Nix at 10, play TT and Zw and move forward.  

This 

it’s a win win for all parties involved

Rodgers GTFO and let us rebuild like we should be doing you 🤡

2 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Yeahhh..

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This is the dead giveaway 

this reminds me when Brady was first rumored to be out of NE and he denied it until the internet found out his home was up for sale.

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Is there someone who can confirm this registered website? The blue check marks on X don’t mean what they used to  

2 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Per an article in NY Times it was registered with go daddy.. If you look it up it takes you to go daddy saying domain name is taken.

Screenshot_20240312-191905.png

You all are aware that there are people that professionally stalk, buy, and flip domain names for profit right? 

It's called prospecting and you can make a lot of money doing it if you know what you're doing. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You all are aware that there are people that professionally stalk, buy, and flip domain names for profit right? 

It's called prospecting and you can make a lot of money doing it if you know what you're doing. 

Of course we do.

I am totally lying here 😉

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I came here to post this 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes 

And wouldn't the ideal way to do this would be to claim all potential name combinations? Why just claim the one with the supposed longest shot?

6 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

People actually believe this sh*t is true?

33 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It very well could be prospecting, but all the other circumstantial occurrences mean it could also be legit. It would be so Jets for something like this to happen. I don't necessarily believe it, but I also am not counting it out. 

12 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Just to be clear, you don’t believe Kennedy or his campaign has reached out to Rodgers and he expressed interest? Is that what you’re saying?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Please god let this be true.

Their would not be a funnier outcome.

Its honestly not funny. Its a demented sick joke that is from the pit of hell. Especially for fans of this team going on 50 years 

Can you honestly think of the probability of this? If you told someone this two years ago they would assume you escaped from a mental institution. 

Think about it. The jets trade for this all time historical QB, and literally in his first game, and first series he blows out his Achilles. ( In context this exact scenario happened 25 years earlier with the best jets team in their existence)... He then leaves the jets before even playing to pursue a career in politics? WTF??? 😳

All jokes aside, my biggest pet peeve with the jets organization is it's operated like some soap opera, like a mtv show in the 90s or something. Its not run like a football program. The entire ethos, vibe or whatever you want to call it is off. Parcells was the only time I can remember it being a football program.

Rodgers is an awesome QB, but is there not cognitive dissonance here based on what he said a few weeks ago? This is ridiculous and it's honestly disrespectful to Saleh and Douglas. But those two are also allowing this type of behavior ...It tells me they are not ready for leadership or truly focused. It also tells me they don't have an over arching vision or philosophy on what the team should look like, they just want a quick fix , ie Aaron will fix everything. That's not how football or sports works

Rant over. Maybe I'm overreacting but this is just too much. The Gase stuff was bottoming out, but this is just another level. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Just to be clear, you don’t believe Kennedy or his campaign has reached out to Rodgers and he expressed interest? Is that what you’re saying?

I wouldn't be shocked if he and Kennedy may have discussed being running mates since they appear to be friendly. However, I don't see him actually going through with it

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s the New York Times and why would they make up such a wild report like this if it wasn’t somewhat true? 
Your sourcing the NY Times ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Your sourcing the NY Times ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Okay, you made me chuckle, but here’s the thing… You might not like their political leanings, but let’s not act like they’re the Dogpatch Gazette either, Dunnie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, you made me chuckle, but here’s the thing… You might not like their political leanings, but let’s not act like they’re the Dogpatch Gazette either, Dunnie. 
Totally ... I was caught up in the snarky circus atmosphere of this surreal thread... Of course the NYT is reputable.. doesn't mean their branches aren't bent by a prevailing wind.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he and Kennedy may have discussed being running mates since they appear to be friendly. However, I don't see him actually going through with it

Would indeed go down as the defining Jetsiest moment ... Supplanting Foot Gate.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Yes 

And wouldn't the ideal way to do this would be to claim all potential name combinations? Why just claim the one with the supposed longest shot?

You don't know the combinations that may have been bought because you haven't looked. 

It just dawned on me that Eskanasi must be rolling over in his grave not being around to continue his brilliant history of the franchise since the Parcell's days. Who would think the real sh*t hadn't hit the fan yet.

6 hours ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Actually I think some of us hope it’s true as well. Way cooler than last years plwy four lousy plays, fall and you can’t get up, then spend the season convincing us you will be back soon for a playoff run cause science and your Achilles will griw back like an iguana’s tail. Least this crap is kinda funny. 

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

There are fans from just about every team living down here, and i golf with a lot of them. I woke up this morning and had a bunch of texts and emails all with some version of “So… have you heard?”

Mike Judge GIF by Idiocracy

Is Dick Kotite pissed he got passed over? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, varjet said:

That Kennedy family is something else!