CJ Mosley and Jets agree to a new deal

Even as third alternate, when the coaches and players vote you to the pro bowl it’s for a reason. That’s back to back pro bowls for CJ by the way 

we saw the carnage last year when the o-line couldn’t get the calls and adjustments correct, Mosley makes sure that doesn’t happen on defense.  

Flacco and Njoku abused him, he’s not 24 anymore, but there would have been a hole in the defense if he left. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Even as third alternate, when the coaches and players vote you to the pro bowl it’s for a reason. That’s back to back pro bowls for CJ by the way 

we saw the carnage last year when the o-line couldn’t get the calls and adjustments correct, Mosley makes sure that doesn’t happen on defense.  

Flacco and Njoku abused him, he’s not 24 anymore, but there would have been a hole in the defense if he left. 

lol

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

No which is why I liked the year he had last year.

He recorded 5 TFLs last season.  On 1,128 snaps.  Also had 13 missed tackles for the 2nd highest missed tackle % of his career (7.9). 

So, again, he really doesn't do anything well.  Outside of all that leadership, of course.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He recorded 5 TFLs last season.  On 1,128 snaps.  Also had 13 missed tackles for the 2nd highest missed tackle % of his career (7.9). 

So, again, he really doesn't do anything well.  Outside of all that leadership, of course.

He lead the league in tackling people at the 6.9 yard mark but you left that out.

The coaches love him and he is the leader of one of the best defenses in the league.

He also just took a bath freeing up money for offensive weapons.

But hey let's complain anyway.

• Upvote 1

Let's dispel the CJ Mosley is not very good myth right now ...

C.J. Mosley since 2022:

90.6 coverage grade (1st among all LBs)
2 INTs, 12 forced incompletions
80.3 PFF Grade (7th among all LBs)

Just stop already.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Let's dispel the CJ Mosley is not very good myth right now ...

C.J. Mosley since 2022:

90.6 coverage grade (1st among all LBs)
2 INTs, 12 forced incompletions
80.3 PFF Grade (7th among all LBs)

Just stop already.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He sucks.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread is a terrible thing to do to fans like me who actually care if the Jets win football games. If/when the Jets don't win a super bowl this year, it'll be because of CJ Mosley. If they somehow do, it'll be despite him. All intelligent fans already know this. 

Selfless, lmao. Like he had any leverage to do otherwise.

Douglas: "I'm not waiting until the summer to do this like I absentmindedly did last year. Take a massive pay cut to or we're simply cutting you, and then at age 32 you can go try outdo my unnecessarily generous contract."

They should have just cut him. He's terrible, and has visibly been getting progressively worse each season. 

• More Ugh 1

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bumping this thread is a terrible thing to do to fans like me who actually care if the Jets win football games. If/when the Jets don't win a super bowl this year, it'll be because of CJ Mosley. If they somehow do, it'll be despite him. All intelligent fans already know this. 

Selfless, lmao. Like he had any leverage to do otherwise.

Douglas: "I'm not waiting until the summer to do this like I absentmindedly did last year. Take a massive pay cut to or we're simply cutting you, and then at age 32 you can go try outdo my unnecessarily generous contract."

They should have just cut him. He's terrible, and has visibly been getting progressively worse each season. 

Back to back pro bowls

• Upvote 1

My favorite time of every game is when an announcer like Collinsworth or Romo verbally polishes off Mosley for like 10 seconds straight, and like clockwork the very next play Mosley gets schooled when every viewer is focused on him: gets pushed back or juked out of his shoes for a 1st down, gives up another 1st down reception, or similar.

Right. On. Cue.

• Haha 2