Time to end this Rodgers / VP talk

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Believe what you want. Either way, Rodgers is a douche. He allowed this to become a story. He could have told RFK he didn't want this to be a distraction to his current team he's only played 4 plays for.

"Anything in this building that we're doing that has nothing to do with winning needs to be assessed," Rodgers said, via The Athletic. "Everything that we do has to have a purpose ... the bullsh*t that has nothing to do with winning has to get out of the building."

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Ok. 

my post was not questioning whether or not he was actually considering running for VP (I personally strongly doubted it), or whether or not he’s been a distraction (he has), or whether or not he’s a douche. 

I was commenting on CNN’s report regarding his opinion on the Sandy Hook massacre and the national reaction to it. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well, it's a lot more nuanced than that but you're in the ballpark at least. 

Well said! It's not so black and white, as some might accuse me of the same, but I have my reasons as I've already stated. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We'll just have to make the best of having Rodgers here. Let's go get that Wild Card. I trust Rodgers in the last game of the season vs a division opponent in a win and your in scenario. :sarc:

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

We'll just have to make the best of having Rodgers here. Let's go get that Wild Card. I trust Rodgers in the last game of the season vs a division opponent in a win and your in scenario. :sarc:

Likes he's never won a big game before 😅

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Likes he's never won a big game before 😅

Especially when he doesn't have a boo boo on his thumb, or doesn't play the 49ers.

My favorite big win by Rodgers, was when he beat Caleb Hanie's Bears in the NFC Championship game. That was epic. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Especially when he doesn't have a boo boo on his thumb, or doesn't play the 49ers.

My favorite big win by Rodgers, was when he beat Caleb Hanie's Bears in the NFC Championship game. That was epic. 

He has a winning record in the playoffs and a SB ring. But no, you don't have an bias against him 😅

Green Bay Packers Champion GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He has a winning record in the playoffs and a SB ring. But no, you don't have an bias against him 😅

Green Bay Packers Champion GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

I'm not bias at all. I just don't see Rodgers as the savior of the Jets. When it's all said and done, the Rodgers era should at the very least end the Jets playoff drought. 

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know I always hated him until he said F'U to the NFL. 

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm not bias at all. I just don't see Rodgers as the savior of the Jets. When it's all said and done, the Rodgers era should at the very least end the Jets playoff drought. 

I liked him a lot until he went down after 4 plays. Now I like him much less. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I was thinking about this - Have we ever before held a public figure accountable for a gross opinion they allegedly shared years ago in private conversations that weren't recorded? For instance, Trump got in hot water over his "grab her by the P" remark, but that was recorded. I'm struggling to think of a good example.

The CNN report felt like a true political hit job.  

especially when you have proof he really did say what he said a few days ago.

feel bad for this poor girl. CNN is going to try to destroy her. 

I already miss this super fun story so much. It’s like when I binged Breaking Bad in one week and the credits rolled on the final episode. Just, hollowness now, and terrible audio ads for something called “mezcal,” which I assume is like a cheap tequila(?)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that today, March 26th, is the day RFK Jr will be announcing his VP pick for anyone who still holds out hope that he will pick Aaron Rodgers. That rumor served its purpose...

Rodgers will be the most talked about QB this season, and for good reasons of what he does on the field, not what could have been. Book it!

On 3/17/2024 at 7:03 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Maybe RFK Jr can pick a more qualified and knowledgeable running mate like the empty Gatorade bottle on the floor in front of me

Or you could just pick it up and put it in with the recycling? 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

I highly doubt it's her... We'll find out at 2 PM today.

Kennedy is set to make his announcement at 2 p.m. ET in Henry J. Kaiser Center for the Arts in Oakland, Calif. 

I'll be glued to all the news outlets. Thanks for the heads up.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:24 PM, Untouchable said:

I’ll berate everyone who actually bought into this sh*t for years.

I have a list with many names

Not sure what "bought into" here means.

1. RFK said out loud he was considering Rodgers as his VP running mate.

2. Rodgers did not make any public comment saying "not interested".

That's it.  Belief or "buying in" wasn't required, the facts are what they are.

Any silliness beyond that was more "what if" based on that than anything.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not sure what "bought into" here means.

1. RFK said out loud he was considering Rodgers as his VP running mate.

2. Rodgers did not make any public comment saying "not interested".

That's it.  Belief or "buying in" wasn't required, the facts are what they are.

Any silliness beyond that was more "what if" based on that than anything.  

People flat out said that Rodgers was running. That's not "what if."

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If you say so.  Most folks I saw in the thread said "I have no doubt Rodgers would run/would consider running, he's that egotistical/loves the spotlight" which isn't quite the same as a serious definitive/declarative "I KNOW he's running"..

Regardless, so what?  It was a real story with a real lack of "not interested" immediate denial.  Nothing wrong with any of the what if replies that followed.  Rodgers himself could have killed the entire thing in ten seconds with a simple "not interested", not fans fault he didn't.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Don't recall Rodgers ever saying anything about "running" except in his rehab.  Which he's right on schedule with BTW.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you say so.  Most folks I saw in the thread said "I have no doubt Rodgers would run/would consider running, he's that egotistical/loves the spotlight" which isn't quite the same as a serious definitive/declarative "I KNOW he's running"..

Regardless, so what?  It was a real story with a real lack of "not interested" immediate denial.  Nothing wrong with any of the what if replies that followed.  Rodgers himself could have killed the entire thing in ten seconds with a simple "not interested", not fans fault he didn't.

Regardless so what? I was just correcting you, that's all. I didn't say everyone claimed he was running for sure but several did and that's what the person who you replied to was referencing.

• WTF? 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:17 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I’ll take it.  Also some entertaining offense if he can stay healthy.

Rodgers might be a narcissistic conspiracy theory douche but he is a phenomenal QB.

We’ll see how much he has left and if he can stay on the field but to doubt him as a winner is kind of silly.  If you look under the trunk, the guy mostly has had average defenses.

Is he the savior?  It’s kind of a team game so let’s hope the combo of an aging Rodgers with some players around him and a good defense bring us some Sunday joy.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’ll take it.  Also some entertaining offense if he can stay healthy.

Rodgers might be a narcissistic conspiracy theory douche but he is a phenomenal QB.

We’ll see how much he has left and if he can stay on the field but to doubt him as a winner is kind of silly.  If you look under the trunk, the guy mostly has had average defenses.

Is he the savior?  It’s kind of a team game so let’s hope the combo of an aging Rodgers with some players around him and a good defense bring us some Sunday joy.  

I'll take it too.

• Upvote 1