Time to end this Rodgers / VP talk

So, I think it's safe to say that everyone on this thread or reading this thread will be looking to find out after 2PM, even those who look at Rodgers negatively for a rumor spread about him. JUST TO MAKE SURE of course! LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

I highly doubt it's her... We'll find out at 2 PM today.

Kennedy is set to make his announcement at 2 p.m. ET in Henry J. Kaiser Center for the Arts in Oakland, Calif. 

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Write him in.

I just watched the highlights of her speech. Total drag on the ticket. Rodgers should keep his phone nearby and the Jets should be bringing JJ McCarthy in for a top 30 visit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just watched the highlights of her speech. Total drag on the ticket. Rodgers should keep his phone nearby and the Jets should be bringing JJ McCarthy in for a top 30 visit. 

Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers or Ventura would have been better. It was always gonna end badly for RFK because he’s a Kennedy. He was always gonna lose his mind.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TBJ said:

Rodgers or Ventura would have been better. It was always gonna end badly for RFK because he’s a Kennedy. He was always gonna lose his mind.

He's going to have a major uphill battle trying to fight the powers that be that don't want him in the ballot.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He's going to have a major uphill battle trying to fight the powers that be that don't want him in the ballot.

He's done as far as I'm concerned.

Shiva Ayyadurai is the best candidate I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Who else is looking forward to the NYT article about how she clubs baby seals for sport?

Antarctica GIF by BBC America

i think there going to take it easy on her. she and her husband who use to own Google are billionaire big time democrats who give big money to that party. you dont want to burn that bridge.

Halfway through the season Nicole Shanahan withdraws as Kennedys running mate, after release of a sex tape. Rodgers retires mid season to take her place. This is the Jets. It will happen.

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2024 at 9:33 AM, slimjasi said:

I was thinking about this - Have we ever before held a public figure accountable for a gross opinion they allegedly shared years ago in private conversations that weren't recorded? For instance, Trump got in hot water over his "grab her by the P" remark, but that was recorded. I'm struggling to think of a good example.

The CNN report felt like a true political hit job.  

The ex owner of the Clippers?  
Marge Shott when she owned the Reds? 

I can think of others if pressed 

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not sure what "bought into" here means.

1. RFK said out loud he was considering Rodgers as his VP running mate.

2. Rodgers did not make any public comment saying "not interested".

That's it.  Belief or "buying in" wasn't required, the facts are what they are.

Any silliness beyond that was more "what if" based on that than anything.  

Just 3-4 days before this silly sh*t was initially reported Rodgers had said that his intent was to play as many as 4 more years if the circumstances allowed.

Yet you had roughly half of this board saying we should move on, trade for Fields, let’s take Penix at #10, etc.

As much as a lot of fans want to believe that Rodgers is a goofy scumbag, he’s made his intent clear from the jump. Everything else has been pure media speculation, and let’s be honest, they largely hate the f*cking guy because he didn’t want to take a shot and let it be loudly known.

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/26/2024 at 3:52 PM, jago said:

who else had nicolette sheridan ?

Not me,  

For those who didn't listen to her today, she's 38, and she was raised in a biracial (Chinese/American) family that had hardship for her as a child which involved living on food stamps. Despite that she became very successful as a tech learned entrepreneur in silicon valley who is excited to use that experience for the good of the country. Personally she is an active athlete who surfs which is appealing to the younger generation who mainly support Kennedy and who's message is about unity and projecting sustainability. She is also in that bracket of the many parents who are dealing with the unexplained rise of having a daughter with autism. 

I'm honestly not sure about her being a wise choice...

I'm sure Aaron will talk about her in the near future and on that note I think we're probably done here Crusher!

Find the whole announcement here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Robert+F+Kennedy+VP+announcement&rlz=1CAJPEZ_enUS962&oq=Robert+F+Kennedy+VP+announcement&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQRRg8MgYIAhBFGDzSAQkyNzQ5MWowajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ac35b7ea,vid:RunrpokDyKE,st:0

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The ex owner of the Clippers?  
Marge Shott when she owned the Reds? 

I can think of others if pressed 

Nope - Donald Sterling was recorded. 

Marge Scott is a good example - although I believe the person who claimed to hear her use the N word testified under oath at a civil hearing . 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, bicketybam said:

He’s a third party candidate who has to get thousands of signatures in each state to get on the state ballot. The reason he won’t get the statutorily required numbers of signatures has nothing to do with the secret society or whatever 

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s a third party candidate who has to get thousands of signatures in each state to get on the state ballot. The reason he won’t get the statutorily required numbers of signatures has nothing to do with the secret society or whatever it’s because he’s a clown

Open your eyes 👀 The truth is out there. 

• Post of the Week 1