PICK 173: JETS DRAFT RB ISAIAH DAVIS

Just now, nyjets1969 said:

Abandikanda might be goner hasn't shown much and he was hurt for good part season think JD wasn't comfortable with him in back of Hall. Good chance if he gets hurt or can't beat out the the rookies might end up cut or on the practice Squad.

RBs need to flash right away, and he sucked.  No way to sugar coat that

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Getting rid of becton and ZW, drafting a legitimate LT of the future, bringing in 2 bruising rbs and a tough wr.  I think the offensive philosophy has definitely evolved and they even drafted a worthwhile qb who isn’t being thrown into the fire immediately

Yes..yes…and more yes to this. With yes sauce on top.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nothing says “I love you” like drafting 2 of your replacements an hour apart 😂

I guess rodgers is in trouble w/ tyrod and travis being brought in.

U need 4 rbs.  We now have 4.  The 2 guys drafted today are 3 and 4.

This is not difficult fellas.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I guess rodgers is in trouble w/ tyrod and travis being brought in.

U need 4 rbs.  We now have 4.  The 2 guys drafted today are 3 and 4.

This is not difficult fellas.

here is the problem smart guy....the jets arent going into the season with Hall and no other veteran RB's....because they wont trust the rookies to block for ARod...and Izzy seems to be terrible at it. it really isnt that difficult....

If you all haven't been paying attention. The Jets are moving to a power running game. The 2 RBs they drafted are big, powerful runners. Perfect compliment to Izzy and Breece. Plus,  I'd assume they're planning for life, possibly, without Breece in 2-3 years. Giving RBs a 2nd contract is disastrous. Plus Garrett,  Sauce and JJ will need new contracts not that long after 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

here is the problem smart guy....the jets arent going into the season with Hall and no other veteran RB's....because they wont trust the rookies to block for ARod...and Izzy seems to be terrible at it. it really isnt that difficult....

so you think the Jets drafted 2 RB's and they're also going to sign one?

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Smart guy,  Braelon Allen is considered to be one of the top pass protection RBs in this class.  

as high-profile as Breece Hall is, there were long stretches last year where he was a non-factor, dancing too much behind the line, getting tackled for no gain. It was easy to see that this was frustrating. 

Getting two new bell cows may be a way to hedge on Breece Hall too. Both Davis and Allen are no nonsense high-achieving RBs that can start, spell, and play at a high level. Saleh will want to run with the hot hand. There will be no time to baby Breece if he's not hitting his holes.