Jets Sign 3 After Rookie Tryouts (Merged)

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

Manny jones from last year released 

Good to see the DL released was Jones of last year.

DL Jones signed this year as  great RAS score and an excellent academic background

1 hour ago, slats said:

I think the entire league has no idea how this new kickoff rule is going to actually work at the NFL level, and they’re looking to acquire bodies to help them figure it out over three preseason games and a scrimmage or two. 

It’s actually interesting. Kickoffs have been pointless for a few years now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I was too lazy to look up what kind of college it was. Architects and engineers better? Lawyers and physicists? 

I thought Amazon Drivers and Fast food workers were the generally accepted fallback careers for these guys.... ?

Shooting Star GIF

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I thought Amazon Drivers and Fast food workers were the generally accepted fallback careers for these guys.... ?

Shooting Star GIF

They’re in a college that you get into without huge outside influence because of sports so I set the bar higher. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

You had the 1st one reported

I saw that the Jets had signed Suits, so I assumed the Peasley signing was a false report.  Oops.

Never saw the Jets signing two of the tryout QBs coming - but it makes sense with Peewee getting cut, with Travis still rehabbing.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Even getting into a tryout camp can help a guys pro career.

He should head off to the CFL and give that a shot.

He was released because of medical reasons.

16 hours ago, Larz said:

Tough deal but that’s football 

Too bad, was kind of hoping this kid would stick, Someone said PeeWee had medical issues @Jet Nut?

I know nothing at all about QB Andrew Peasley & QB Colby Suits.

28 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Too bad, was kind of hoping this kid would stick, Someone said PeeWee had medical issues @Jet Nut?

I know nothing at all about QB Andrew Peasley & QB Colby Suits.

I was quoting Pee Wee’s tweet where he thanked the Jets and said he was released for medical reasons

Got it from this, sucks:

The release stems from a concern with prior surgeries and my healing process.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I was quoting Pee Wee’s tweet where he thanked the Jets and said he was released for medical reasons

Got it from this, sucks:

The release stems from a concern with prior surgeries and my healing process.

Yeah, it's more common for that type of issue to arise with UDFAs.  In the mad rush to sign these guys, post draft, teams don't always have the time to be as thorough as they would like with the medical checks.  Once they get the guys into the building, old injuries can be checked and sometimes guys do get cut quickly.  Tough break for Peewee, hopefully he can bounce back somewhere and get another chance.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, it's more common for that type of issue to arise with UDFAs.  In the mad rush to sign these guys, post draft, teams don't always have the time to be as thorough as they would like with the medical checks.  Once they get the guys into the building, old injuries can be checked and sometimes guys do get cut quickly.  Tough break for Peewee, hopefully he can bounce back somewhere and get another chance.

Yeah they’re more of an unknown than guys who have been tested and prodded through the off season in meetings and the combine.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Good to see the DL released was Jones of last year.

DL Jones signed this year as  great RAS score and an excellent academic background

Who is DL Jones from this year?  Myles Jones from Duke?  Weird they have 2 guys from the 2023 Duke defensive backfield.  Blades is a Miami Hurricane family, but he did his last year at Duke.  I wonder if all the Duke guys come from some relationship with their coaching or influence from MCII

16 hours ago, hmhertz said:

ok where are the warts

aside from age and starting off slow seems to not have any happy feet, stands and delivers in face of tacklers, mobile at times, and makes all the throws to either hash

granted these are highlights

On 5/7/2024 at 8:26 AM, Augustiniak said:

If any of these guys including travis becomes an ok backup we got lucky

True but you never know. If history holds true of the 6 QBs taken in the Top 12 1 of them will be elite, 1 to 2 will be OK to good, and 3 will be franchise wreckers.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:20 PM, SickJetFan said:

ok where are the warts

aside from age and starting off slow seems to not have any happy feet, stands and delivers in face of tacklers, mobile at times, and makes all the throws to either hash

granted these are highlights

I was bored today, so I watched a couple of Wyoming games. Peasley definitely has something.

Good leader, tough guy, quality athlete, very mobile, good arm, solid release, nice accuracy. Not afraid to hang in against the rush and deliver the pass downfield.

Yeah, he's already 25, and didn't have great production in college until his super senior season at Wyoming. But he has some talent.

He should get some PT in camp and pre-season with Travis still healing up, and he could push for a PS spot if the Jets want to keep a 4th QB around there.

• Upvote 1