ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

On 6/11/2024 at 6:10 AM, T0mShane said:

OOF and this is ***before*** he’s subjected to any kind of pass rush. The no-contact practices are the only places on earth where Zach Wilson might shine because he’s contact-averse. Wait until Payton sees what he does when there’s a hint of interior pressure on him. 

Zach still got a 1% shot at starting 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach still got a 1% shot at starting 

Who is Brady Hull ??

Also ... 

“I think in the media, it was more dramatic than it actually was. I think that they had told him that they were gonna trade him in the offseason, and then they benched him, and then they wanted him to play again. And then they tried to blame him for not wanting to play, but you just told him that you were gonna trade him.

“It was a lot of politics, a lot of stuff in the media, it was a lot of like, ‘Come on, man, like what are we doing here?’ A lot of meeting with the media, feeding them stuff.” - Randall Cobb

From the NY Post yesterday

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

On 5/29/2024 at 3:59 PM, Dunnie said:

Why is he even a topic of discussion ?? He's flamed out ... Unless he resurfaces Geno style.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 6/12/2024 at 10:44 AM, Dunnie said:

Who is Brady Hull ??

Also ... 

“I think in the media, it was more dramatic than it actually was. I think that they had told him that they were gonna trade him in the offseason, and then they benched him, and then they wanted him to play again. And then they tried to blame him for not wanting to play, but you just told him that you were gonna trade him.

“It was a lot of politics, a lot of stuff in the media, it was a lot of like, ‘Come on, man, like what are we doing here?’ A lot of meeting with the media, feeding them stuff.” - Randall Cobb

From the NY Post yesterday

Yeah it’s not like Zach wasn’t getting paid millions by his employer when they asked him to do his job which is try to play football 

10 hours ago, bicketybam said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40345924/denver-broncos-quarterback-bo-nix-jarrett-stidham-zach-wilson

My guess is Stridham starts, Nix is QB2 and Wilson goes the the PS. 

He’d have to be cut and clear waivers, first, at which point Denver would be responsible for their portion of his 2024 salary no matter where he wound up. If they wanted him on their practice squad, they’d have to sign him to a new (additional) contract just for that. They need to decide if they wanna carry three QBs. If they still think Wilson is a worthwhile project at the end of camp, I imagine that’s what they’ll do. 

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

To be honest I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get to see zach stink in regular season games next season. In all likelihood he will get to play at some point only because Stidham is awful and Nix is a rookie

Exactly ... I just want see if he stinks ... 

Edited by Dunnie

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The guy who was granted the unquestioned backup job with the win now Jets is running behind Bo Nix and Stidham. And our glorious beat team was uncurious about how this shook out all of last year.

Just not letting go of the "Zach and the Nefarious Conspiracy Connections" theory, eh.

angry-dog-barking-dog.gif

• Haha 2