Rodgers Is Still Rodgers

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL...

As if this guy didn't see him all last off-season.  Yes, Rodgers is going to look good in shorts and a T-shirt.  No one ever said he wouldn't.  

When he has to actually move with big bodies coming at him, when split seconds make the difference between a sack and first down - that's when you all are going to see he's shot.  

20240607_085455.jpg

• Haha 1

As an OTA and training camp nerd, for almost as long as I remember it seems like I've been reading practice reports about our number one QB completing forty-three percent of his passes with one TD and two picks.  It has been refreshing reading reports about having an accurate QB.  Now, we just need all the old guys to stay healthy. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

More physically gifted than Elway? 

either way, he’s certainly up there. It’s fun to revisit the 2005 draft and rememeber how many people thought Alex Smith was going to be a much better pro. 

IMO yes, but Elway is obviously up there.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Now, we just need all the old guys to stay healthy. 

And that's the X-factor that will determine how this season plays out for the Jets.

Last season this bit us in the a$$ just 4 snaps into the very first game of the season.

Hopefully, the injury bug will find another team to bite this season.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

And that's the X-factor that will determine how this season plays out for the Jets this year.

Last season this bit us in the a$$ just 4 snaps into the very first game of the season.

Hopefully, the injury bug will find another team to derail this season.

100 (12).gif

57 minutes ago, Claymation said:

That's not true, Mahomes did it 2 years ago.

Now if you want to add comeback player and those other 3, that would be a first.

Ah yes, that's what I meant, I heard rich eisen talk about it the other day

The Achilles is the only thing I'm truly worried about with Rodgers. It's one thing to run around at 3/4 speed wearing shorts and a red jersey.  Quite another during real games with live bullets flying.

If the Achilles holds up and he plays the entire season, I'm quite confident Rodgers will put up top 10 numbers with the squad he has around him.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The Achilles is the only thing I'm truly worried about with Rodgers. It's one thing to run around at 3/4 speed wearing shorts and a red jersey.  Quite another during real games with live bullets flying.

If the Achilles holds up and he plays the entire season, I'm quite confident Rodgers will put up top 10 numbers with the squad he has around him.

The Wall El Muro GIF by México

Hopefully the wall of new offensive lineman will be impenitrable.  

14 hours ago, faba said:

Will not know for sure until he has a 300 pound lineman in his face

I'm not worried about his face.  They can hit him in it every play for all I care.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL...

As if this guy didn't see him all last off-season.  Yes, Rodgers is going to look good in shorts and a T-shirt.  No one ever said he wouldn't.  

When he has to actually move with big bodies coming at him, when split seconds make the difference between a sack and first down - that's when you all are going to see he's shot.  

Looking good in shorts and a T-shirt isn't that easy for most 40 year olds.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Looking good in shorts and a T-shirt isn't that easy for most 40 year olds.

That maybe true but you guys are expecting him to play and carry this team to a Super Bowl.

It's wishful thinking.  He was done two years ago and look good in shorts then too.

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

20240607_085455.jpg

Don't think being realistic is miserable.

What you have is a team that has the longest playoff drought in all of sports.  Some of us are realistic in seeing this team as what it is.    Breaking the playoff streak would be a reasonable goal.  But expecting a 41 year old QB, coming off an achilles tear, to carry the team to a Super Bowl is a pipe dream.  

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That maybe true but you guys are expecting him to play and carry this team to a Super Bowl.

It's wishful thinking.  He was done two years ago and look good in shorts then too.

I know this is your thing and obviously you get your flowers since he had a fluke injury on the 4th play or the season last year but when you say "done two years ago", you realize he was 7th in the NFL in TD passes, right?  And a fun fact is if you combined the last 2 years of the NY Jets QB's TD passes, they would fall short of his "done two years ago" season.  That "done two years ago" season would also have been the 3rd most in franchise history.

I know JN does actually value TD's but they're pretty important.

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't see many people expecting that at all.  Perhaps a couple of vocal posters with an obvious schtick.

Vegas currently has the Jets with the 11th best odds of winning the Superbowl in 2025 at +2400.  This is what I would use as the most representative data.  People who are putting their money where their mouth is.  And even this is skewed to the upside with NY fans generally being "homers" in regard to sports betting.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL...

I vote "Negative FidelioJet" for JN Captain!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't think being realistic is miserable.

What you have is a team that has the longest playoff drought in all of sports.  Some of us are realistic in seeing this team as what it is.    Breaking the playoff streak would be a reasonable goal.  But expecting a 41 year old QB, coming off an achilles tear, to carry the team to a Super Bowl is a pipe dream.  

I predict we don't hear from you after week 8, when it's clear the Jets are a legit SB contender. And there's no way I'm letting you back on the bandwagon. Go watch your boy pick splinters in Denver, if he even makes the final cut, which is doubtful.

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, Pac said:

Shocker...  Looks like the Revenge Tour is on after all. 

I couldn't be happier that he's getting so much shade thrown his way.  This kook is going to go nuclear all season long and have this team playing in February. 

You were the first to call it.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

image.png

image.png

If Rodgers has a year like sad sack Carr had last year this forum will be anointing him as king kong rodgers.

Carr was probably crying becasue he did not have quality players like Billy turner Randall cobb, allan lazard and a the best offensive mind in the game ... nate hakett

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Rodgers has a year like sad sack Carr had last year this forum will be anointing him as king kong rodgers.

Carr was probably crying becasue he did not have quality players like Billy turner Randall cobb, allan lazard and a the best offensive mind in the game ... nate hakett

If he has a playoff game like Loser Carr, he will be run out of town. And deservedly so. 

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I know this is your thing and obviously you get your flowers since he had a fluke injury on the 4th play or the season last year but when you say "done two years ago", you realize he was 7th in the NFL in TD passes, right?  And a fun fact is if you combined the last 2 years of the NY Jets QB's TD passes, they would fall short of his "done two years ago" season.  That "done two years ago" season would also have been the 3rd most in franchise history.

I know JN does actually value TD's but they're pretty important.

Ranked 14 here, QB Index

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-68-starting-quarterbacks-from-the-2022-nfl-season

Ranked 17 here, PFF

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-quarterback-rankings-and-tiers

Ranked 26, here QBR

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/season/2022/seasontype/2

Two years and a torn achilles isn't going to make him better.  He's shot.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

I don't see many people expecting that at all.  Perhaps a couple of vocal posters with an obvious schtick.

Vegas currently has the Jets with the 11th best odds of winning the Superbowl in 2025 at +2400.  This is what I would use as the most representative data.  People who are putting their money where their mouth is.  And even this is skewed to the upside with NY fans generally being "homers" in regard to sports betting.

Fair enough.  If you're telling me Aaron Rodgers starting 17 games gives this team a good shot at a Wild Card and out type season - I won't argue with that.  

That's about what you can expect with an above average roster and an aging 41 year old QB.  

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough.  If you're telling me Aaron Rodgers starting 17 games gives this team a good shot at a Wild Card and out type season - I won't argue with that.  

That's about what you can expect with an above average roster and an aging 41 year old QB.  

So, you expect the playoffs and you are bitching?  Now tell me what you'd expect with Garoppolo or Derek Carr.  Get in the playoffs and see what you can do.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I predict we don't hear from you after week 8, when it's clear the Jets are a legit SB contender. And there's no way I'm letting you back on the bandwagon. Go watch your boy pick splinters in Denver, if he even makes the final cut, which is doubtful.

You'll hear from me plenty.  I'm a Jet fan and will be very excited for the team.  I'm just being realistic about we can expect from a 41 year old QB, coming off a torn Achilles and the last time he played two years ago had already shown substantive decline.

Look, it's okay to live in an excitement bubble, I know I've surely been guilty of that far too often....but Rodgers isn't going to be the guy y'all think he is.  I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, you expect the playoffs and you are bitching?  Now tell me what you'd expect with Garoppolo or Derek Carr.  Get in the playoffs and see what you can do.

I'm not bitching, I've said this over and over again.  I like this team.  It's solid across the board and a couple of impact level players on both sides of the ball.  Getting QB play in the 15 to 20 range is probably good enough to steal a Wild Card.  Which is about where I expect Rodgers to be.  All I'm point out is Rodgers isn't the guy anymore most expect him to be.

Garappolo is a bum and had no interest in him.

Carr wouldn't have cost the picks and IMO, produced slightly better results.  More importantly with Carr they likely would have already drafted a first rounder QB that could sit behind him for a year or two.

The Rodgers move not only cost the picks and the absurd contract - after this year and a possible wild card and out - we'll be paying the price and again drafting a QB and being forced to start him.

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not bitching, I've said this over and over again.  I like this team.  It's solid across the board and a couple of impact level players on both sides of the ball.  Getting QB play in the 15 to 20 range is probably good enough to steal a Wild Card.  Which is about where I expect Rodgers to be.  All I'm point out is Rodgers isn't the guy anymore most expect him to be.

Garappolo is a bum and had no interest in him.

Carr wouldn't have cost the picks and IMO, produced slightly better results.  More importantly with Carr they likely would have already drafted a first rounder QB that could sit behind him for a year or two.

The Rodgers move not only cost the picks and the absurd contract - after this year and a possible wild card and out - we'll be paying the price and again drafting a QB and being forced to start him.

Ooooh!  Derek Carr and Will Levis.  I'd be so thrilled!  Have you looked at Carr's contract?   Yikes

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Ranked 14 here, QB Index

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-68-starting-quarterbacks-from-the-2022-nfl-season

Ranked 17 here, PFF

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-quarterback-rankings-and-tiers

Ranked 26, here QBR

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/season/2022/seasontype/2

Two years and a torn achilles isn't going to make him better.  He's shot.

^^^ hates TDs 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You'll hear from me plenty.  I'm a Jet fan and will be very excited for the team.  I'm just being realistic about we can expect from a 41 year old QB, coming off a torn Achilles and the last time he played two years ago had already shown substantive decline.

Look, it's okay to live in an excitement bubble, I know I've surely been guilty of that far too often....but Rodgers isn't going to be the guy y'all think he is.  I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong.

Here's the difference. I am excited about an aging superstar QB leading a damn good roster. You were excited about an absolute sh*t stain of a QB and you kept doubling down on him. And now you are extremely butt hurt. You have no seat on the train. In fact, I hope it runs you over!

• Upvote 1