Florio: 🤣 SNY Hughes is Jets’ unofficial lackey / PR spin mouthpiece

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

I don't believe this to be true, Phil. Do you really think Rodgers just walked up to the Jets on that Monday and said I'm off on vacation? I'd like to think you don't believe this but I'm really not so sure. You have posted constantly that Zach Wilson would be back with the Jets this year starting games. And not just once or two .You've made that claim consistently. So who knows what truly goes through that mind of yours. But I would bet my net worth that the Jets knew ahead of time about Rodgers' itinerary.

Ofcourse you think all this has an innocent explanation 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Was Tony Vegas a Jets employee? I missed where Hughes doxxed him.

Used to be.  He got a new job at a financial analyst firm, stayed tight with people in the building, and Hughes straight up quote tweeted the “welcome to our team!” tweet they posted for him at his new job and tagged him with a “Congratulations on the new gig!” snarky little passive aggressive comment.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I'll have to reach the press conference. I didn't realize he looked stunned 😳 

He didn’t.  Facts and his posts are rarely in step with reality.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Replace innocent with plausible and you have a winner, Phil.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, given the amount of nonsense you have spewed across, like, 16 accounts Phil, it’s less surprising that you actually believe this bullsh*t.

I can only wonder how long it will take you to get this one banned.

Im sorry I ruined Zach 

• Haha 2

Will never shed a tear for a “journalist”

by nature they are biased and motivated by clicks and views and therefore will say or write the most sensationalist lies possibly

f

em

all

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Im sorry I ruined Zach 

Idk what this even means since everyone rational gave up on Zach a long time ago.

Maybe you missed it during one of your many bans.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

No sh*t.

Hughes pretty much admitted that Douglas swerved him in the draft a few years ago. He’s a mouthpiece.

Eh. I think Douglas wanted the lineman and Saleh told Woody he wanted Sauce.

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No sh*t.

Hughes pretty much admitted that Douglas swerved him in the draft a few years ago. He’s a mouthpiece.

Exactly, and all teams have them. Who cares? I barely read anything the beat says without a grain of salt anyway.

If I had to choose in trustworthiness I'd take Florio over Hughes. The main part of the story is when he said teams have designated leakers. Which kind of means we're getting dishonest reporting. Maybe Florio is just tired of it and wants to expose it.  Last season Hughes who got a lot of exposure incl on SNY was best known for trashing ZW. IMO it was a planned hit job. Even the other SNY mods who were pretty honest about the team didn't go that far on Zach.  You'd think the Jets org at that time wasn't in favor of these kinds of attacks and they were attacks at that time when he was starting. Even worse than some of our Zach hating posters. Maybe now in 2024 after he's gone they have no prob with it but last season who knows?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s like 27 years old and “was around” for Idzik and Maccagnan. What the hell is he talking about? Douglas scouted Zach Wilson over Zoom.

Listening to Lombardi again(whatever he doesn’t sugar coat things). He’s killing Douglas for being MIA again. And trading for another teams problem without any solution in mind. How is that part of a successful process 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Listening to Lombardi again(whatever he doesn’t sugar coat things). He’s killing Douglas for being MIA again. And trading for another teams problem without any solution in mind. How is that part of a successful process 

I think it’s notable that old school personnel guys aren’t in love with Douglas’ approach. I know Jets fans are pumped about the new names on the roster, but it’s true that everyone they added had no other offers, Rodgers included. Tyron Smith took $6 mil base, Mike Williams $6 mil base. Morgan Moses is on the last year of his deal. Simpson got $6 mil AAV that the Ravens didn’t even think about matching. Hard to chase a ring in one year with a bunch of band aids on the roster. 

On 6/22/2024 at 8:59 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Florio is right, of course, but it's very rare to see a "journalist" call out a peer like this.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think it’s notable that old school personnel guys aren’t in love with Douglas’ approach. I know Jets fans are pumped about the new names on the roster, but it’s true that everyone they added had no other offers, Rodgers included. Tyron Smith took $6 mil base, Mike Williams $6 mil base. Morgan Moses is on the last year of his deal. Simpson got $6 mil AAV that the Ravens didn’t even think about matching. Hard to chase a ring in one year with a bunch of band aids on the roster. 

This is true though at this point he didn't have much of a choice. This is a "win now" roster and and he's in a "win or else" seat. He put himself in that position by missing on a few key draft picks (most notably, obviously, with Zach Wilson) so it's not absolving him but I think he probably did the best in the 2024 off-season that he could have all things considered.

Bombing the 2020 draft (and to a lesser extent the 2021 draft) undercut what was IMO a generally good process overall. If 2022 bombed he'd be gone already, instead the team is actually pretty good despite the miscues and now he needs to try to duct tape it all together.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Lombardi is a tough listen for me because he's such a Pats knob slobber but one thing that is good about him is that unlike most in the media he says exactly what he thinks and has no issue burying people or calling things out.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hard to chase a ring without a QB. They whiffed on Wilson (and many other previous QBs).

So Rodgers gives them a punchers chance. What I took away from last year is even with Rodgers they weren't ready. I like the multiple flyers on vets, they won't hit on them all but these are low money moves and some will shine.

Tryon Smith and a backup 1st round pick is a good combo. And I think Mike Williams in a wide receiver two role is good. He isn't going to forget how to be 6'4" and asking him to pull in 750 yards or so is very reasonable.

So the ideal plan would be draft the right QB and go that way. But after failing at it 100 times in a row I totally support this approach. Especially with this defense.

My two cents.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is true though at this point he didn't have much of a choice. This is a "win now" roster and and he's in a "win or else" seat. He put himself in that position by missing on a few key draft picks (most notably, obviously, with Zach Wilson) so it's not absolving him but I think he probably did the best in the 2024 off-season that he could have all things considered.

Bombing the 2020 draft (and to a lesser extent the 2021 draft) undercut what was IMO a generally good process overall. If 2022 bombed he'd be gone already, instead the team is actually pretty good despite the miscues and now he needs to try to duct tape it all together.

Lombardi is a tough listen for me because he's such a Pats knob slobber but one thing that is good about him is that unlike most in the media he says exactly what he thinks and has no issue burying people or calling things out.

Douglas deserves to be called out for being invisible- especially with Rodgers no showing and trading for Reddick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Douglas deserves to be called out for being invisible- especially with Rodgers no showing and trading for Reddick. 

Daily press conference in June makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I want to know when they are out of Sprite in the vending machine. Where is this f'ing guy?!!!

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think the call out time has passed. His job is on the line. Reddick needs to "out sack" Huff because they made that weird switch.

Rodgers needs to make all his nonsense worth it.

If this season looks like the last few, heads are going to roll.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

TBH I don't really care one way or another. Like, is "holding him accountable" by asking "tough questions" he sidesteps or offers non-answers to going to change anything? I don't think Joe Douglas has ever given an interesting or substantive answer in an interview ever. I don't even watch his pressers anymore.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

Daily press conference in June makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I want to know when they are out of Sprite in the vending machine. Where is this f'ing guy?!!!

I don’t get the purpose of carrying water for a GM with one of the worst winning percentages in league history. He let Huff leave and then traded for a player who will not report unless he gets a new contract. This is the mark of someone who’s not good at their job. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

I think the call out time has passed. His job is on the line. Reddick needs to "out sack" Huff because they made that weird switch.

Rodgers needs to make all his nonsense worth it.

If this season looks like the last few, heads are going to roll.

They should have rolled a long time ago. There haven’t been any turned corners in 6 years. Douglas and Salehs record against the AFC East is stunningly bad.