A story about Rodgers you can feel good about.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

When in 20 years have you seen me do anything but reference neg rep as a job well done. 

The Ape may need to put the snack down on your candy ass.

Oh sh*t first person Ape

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

When you brag about making less than minimum wage, you know you're special. I applaud you 👏 

Find me another simian (not named Trevor) who rakes that kind of cash.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We’re paying him $112m still, correct?

What is that, like less that .1%?

Feeling Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Dang, I mean I knew this post would trigger the ding dongs and they’d all line up for a little bum tickling… but I’ve gotta say, the outpouring of stones has been impressive. Keep up the good work you big bunch of dingle berries.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

@jeremy2020 charges a lot for math lessons or so I'm told  😅

You sure @More Cowbell is the one you want to rely on to support your position?

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

So you think taking a deduction means someone else pays the tax you took the deduction for? I would like to apologize  to everyone for all the mortgage interest I deducted all my home owning life. 

My math lessons may be expensive, but my lessons on charitable deductions being a poor investment are even more costly. I'll give you the 1st nugget for free, tax deductions are expected to have a return and 24 cents for every dollar spent is a poor return.

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You sure @More Cowbell is the one you want to rely on to support your position?

My math lessons may be expensive, but my lessons on charitable deductions being a poor investment are even more costly. I'll give you the 1st nugget for free, tax deductions are expected to have a return and 24 cents for every dollar spent is a poor return.

Where do these people come from? There is no return on investment of a charitable donation. The word donation means you are giving money, not making it. Poor investment? Buying Tesla is a poor investment. Donating money to wildfire victims is not an investment. 

Also, this is not what was said. I think everyone knows a tax deduction is not dollar for dollar or even 50% of that as far as what you can deduct.  What was said is Rodgers will claim a deduction, so other tax payers will be paying the 100K. If you agree with this, I would like the number of your accountant just to be sure I  never use them. 

What is truly amazing here is you think relying on me to defend a position is bad when you don't  even know what I'm posting about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dang, I mean I knew this post would trigger the ding dongs and they’d all line up for a little bum tickling… but I’ve gotta say, the outpouring of stones has been impressive. Keep up the good work you big bunch of dingle berries.

Ape you're the dingle berry. Why cant you ever admit to things ...Every single time you get caught saying something dreadfully stupid everyone on planet earth misunderstood the real meaning, you know the one in your head. "oh I didnt mean it that way"  or " I can't believe you think I was serious" unless of course you all agree with me, then I did. Give it up already this crap is getting old.

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ape you're the dingle berry. Why cant you ever admit to things ...Every single time you get caught saying something dreadfully stupid everyone on planet earth misunderstood the real meaning, you know the one in your head. "oh I didnt mean it that way"  or " I can't believe you think I was serious" unless of course you all agree with me, then I did. Give it up already this crap is getting old.

He's a chimp living below the poverty line. It's basic math. While he did graduate from the 3rd grade, I would assume higher education eluded him. Cut him a break.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I’m sorry you continually take my blatant mischief as “serious” and subsequently think “everyone else does” because you get confirmation bias from two or three other clods that can’t tell when they’re having their balls busted.

19 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He's a chimp living below the poverty line. It's basic math. While he did graduate from the 3rd grade, I would assume higher education eluded him. Cut him a break.

Haha, this x1000.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m sorry you continually take my blatant mischief as “serious” and subsequently think “everyone else does” because you get confirmation bias from two or three other clods that can’t tell when they’re having their balls busted.

Haha, this x1000.

Excited The Morning Show GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Outstanding job by Rodgers donating his money to this.  I am proud to have him as the QB of the NYJ!

Rogers is the best most entertaining QB we have had since Namath. He has put the Jets on the map again and all people do is crap on him. If he sucks this year sure bitch because it’s a football issue but this constant negative crap over bs is tiresome

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Show me who else donated to this cause?

The other folks who donated don’t have to make it public. They aren’t notorious buttholes.

• Haha 2

On 7/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, jeremy2020 said:

He's going to write it off so the rest of the taxpayers actually donated that 100k

No, the rest of the taxpayers didn't actually donate that 100K. Look up the difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit.

He will deduct that amount from his income, as though he never made that 100K (and therefore doesn't owe taxes on it). That's not the same as him getting a 100K tax credit.

If you were more charitable with your own money you'd probably know that ;). (OK that was just below the belt, but I thought of it and couldn't keep it to myself. I yam what I yam). 

If you want to begin a crusade for there being no such thing as a deductible donation, fine, but this wouldn't be the one I'd start with. I'd probably start with deductible donations to PACs, nonprofits that are very profitable for its administrators, and the like. There's a pretty long list of deductible donations I'd cross out before I get to the supposed scandal of donating a sizable sum to these poor victims of wildfires.

So ~50K (roughly the tax he won't pay) went to a bunch of victims instead of getting lost amid the trillions the government oversees. I'm ok with that.

He's a weird dude, but this is a nice thing he didn't at all have to do, and it cost him money to do it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It takes a certain type of person to criticize or even diminish someone for donating their money to victims of a life altering, sufferable event.

It may be time for some self-reflection.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, the rest of the taxpayers didn't actually donate that 100K. Look up the difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit.

He will deduct that amount from his income, as though he never made that 100K (and therefore doesn't owe taxes on it). That's not the same as him getting a 100K tax credit.

If you were more charitable with your own money you'd probably know that ;). (OK that was just below the belt, but I thought of it and couldn't keep it to myself. I yam what I yam). 

If you want to begin a crusade for there being no such thing as a deductible donation, fine, but this wouldn't be the one I'd start with. I'd probably start with deductible donations to PACs, nonprofits that are very profitable for its administrators, and the like. There's a pretty long list of deductible donations I'd cross out before I get to the supposed scandal of donating a sizable sum to these poor victims of wildfires.

So ~50K (roughly the tax he won't pay) went to a bunch of victims instead of getting lost amid the trillions the government oversees. I'm ok with that.

He's a weird dude, but this is a nice thing he didn't at all have to do, and it cost him money to do it. 

Pretty sure Rodgers had good intentions at heart when he donated this money to help people in serious need. Its not for anyone on this board or this country to judge that in any way shape or form. I'm also sure Rodgers has other tax shelters in place formulated for him by his Tax Attorney/Accountant . Your post here Sperm was right on the money.

24 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It takes a certain type of person to criticize or even diminish someone for donating their money to victims of a life altering, sufferable event.

It may be time for you to sniff my butt.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

giphy.webp

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Pretty sure Rodgers had good intentions at heart when he donated this money to help people in serious need. Its not for anyone on this board or this country to judge that in any way shape or form. I'm also sure Rodgers has other tax shelters in place formulated for him by his Tax Attorney/Accountant . Your post here Sperm was right on the money.

He probably has some set up, and he'd be stupid to not have it. On this transaction, donating his money to someone else isn't any form of a tax shelter. All it means is he doesn't pay income tax on the donated amount. It's still a pure financial loss for him, even if his personal net loss doesn't equal $100K.

He also donated $35MM to the NYJ, in effect. The tax still gets paid on that, but not by him.

Also by coming to the Jets he increased the state tax burden by about 50% from Wisconsin to NJ, and almost none of it that is deductible on his federal taxes anymore. After his pay cut, that's another ~$2.3MM or so that he's paying. Plus the other $35MM gets taxed at (mostly) that same rate, so another $1.1MM. Basically another $3.5M went to taxes instead of Rodgers's pockets after taxes, by pushing a trade from Wisconsin to NJ.

He just keeps giving and giving back to the people. They should call him Saint Aaron 😇.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He probably has some set up, and he'd be stupid to not have it. On this transaction, donating his money to someone else isn't any form of a tax shelter. All it means is he doesn't pay income tax on the donated amount. It's still a pure financial loss for him, even if his personal net loss doesn't equal $100K.

He also donated $35MM to the NYJ, in effect. The tax still gets paid on that, but not by him.

Also by coming to the Jets he increased the state tax burden by about 50% from Wisconsin to NJ, and almost none of it that is deductible on his federal taxes anymore. After his pay cut, that's another ~$2.3MM or so that he's paying. Plus the other $35MM gets taxed at (mostly) that same rate, so another $1.1MM. Basically another $3.5M went to taxes instead of Rodgers's pockets after taxes, by pushing a trade from Wisconsin to NJ.

He just keeps giving and giving back to the people. They should call him Saint Aaron 😇.

I will Genuflect every time his name is mention from now on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cyberjet said:

Rogers is the best most entertaining QB we have had since Namath. He has put the Jets on the map again and all people do is crap on him. If he sucks this year sure bitch because it’s a football issue but this constant negative crap over bs is tiresome

We have a name for this;

ffdeb68776f8629d73c7cec9b0bab495.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You want to begin a crusade for there being no such thing as a deductible donation, fine, but this wouldn't be the one I'd start with. I'd probably start with deductible donations to PACs, nonprofits that are very profitable for its administrators, and the like. There's a pretty long list of deductible donations I'd cross out before I get to the supposed scandal of donating a sizable sum to these poor victims of wildfires.

All churches/religions/places of worship should have to pay taxes like every other business/property owner.... and eliminate the insane, evil corrupt theft that is "Income Tax". Why is ANYONE'S labor subject to a tax?? Hell, I paid Income Tax when I was in the Army. WTF.

Start there.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

All churches/religions/places of worship should have to pay taxes like every other business/property owner.... and eliminate the insane, evil corrupt theft that is "Income Tax". Why is ANYONE'S labor subject to a tax?? Hell, I paid Income Tax when I was in the Army. WTF.

Start there.

Thank you for your service. I’ve been self employed for 32 years. Not delving into politics but the tax laws that govern small business are pretty insane. I’m lucky I pay my CPA for her expertise and not charged every  time I tell her to,” just shoot me.” Couldn’t afford it. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hey Load Warrior! No politics!!!

* I know it’s not politics but I needed something to say to drop Load Warrior!!!! Haha 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Haha, this x1000.

I really don't  have a dog in this fight other than you hijacking my thread but, you look like someone who thinks everyone should be in on some sort of joke but, you constantly have to explain how it is a joke and shouldn't  be taken seriously.  Do you see anything wrong with this? 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  have a dog in this fight other than you hijacking my thread but, you look like someone who thinks everyone should be in on some sort of joke but, you constantly have to explain how it is a joke and shouldn't  be taken seriously.  Do you see anything wrong with this? 

I think Rodgers is a butthole.

I think the guys having a hissy fit over a blatant wisecrack are also buttholes.

You seem like a butthole. Do you see anything wrong with this?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1