Somebody broke all of the computers

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think I've received at least 3 letters in the past year about data breaches affecting places like banks, health care accounts etc my data was on. It's kind of hard to escape it, it's a wonderful world. 

not a data breach, just incompetence

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Was kinda nice sipping coffee and having a normal day with my Apple products today.

be sure to open a window and let that air of pretentiousness out to avoid snootiness.

For those familiar with IT, I work as a Technical Account Manager (Project Management, Product Sales, etc.) at a rather large MSP.

F*ck today.

When we onboard a new client, we usually move them over to SentinelOne EDR from whatever they used to have with their old IT provider, but the ones who didn’t budge and who have (hopefully soon to be “had”) CrowdStrike are making our Service Desks life a nightmare.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

For those familiar with IT, I work as a Technical Account Manager (Project Management, Product Sales, etc.) at a rather large MSP.

F*ck today.

When we onboard a new client, we usually move them over to SentinelOne EDR from whatever they used to have with their old IT provider, but the ones who didn’t budge and who have (hopefully soon to be “had”) CrowdStrike are making our Service Desks life a nightmare.

F SentinelOne.

I can't log into my company's HR system, so it looks my team and myself worked for free this week

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're doing great work Bronx, even if several people on here are laughing at you for it. 

Thank you, Tusc! Laughter is beneficial for us, and I'm pleased to be contributing to their health indirectly.

Here are some of my top priorities:

Morning: 30-45 minutes of sun exposure while barefoot. Benefits include nitric oxide and serotonin production, as well as vitamin D3 synthesis from the sun, all while grounding the body and reducing electromagnetic toxicity.

Breakfast: opt for fermented foods or sprouts. Replace spinach with arugula, which is rich in healthy nitrates; raw spinach may lead to kidney stones.

Main course: Consume 6-10 eggs daily.

Mushrooms: Cook at high heat without oil to activate beta-glucan in white cells like macrophages, enhancing immune function.

Exercise: Engage in 60 minutes of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to stimulate stem cells, lactic acid, and nitric oxide production.

General advice: Rest and avoid stress.

Activate mTOR and ketones through fasting practices.

Just a few tidbits. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Heavily processed.  Very unhealthy.  You're doing great work Bronx, even if several people on here are laughing at you for it.   

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Thank you, Tusc! Laughter is beneficial for us, and I'm pleased to be contributing to their health indirectly.

Morning: 30-45 minutes of sun exposure while barefoot. Benefits include nitric oxide and serotonin production, as well as vitamin D3 synthesis from the sun, all while grounding the body and reducing electromagnetic toxicity.

Breakfast: opt for fermented foods or sprouts. Replace spinach with arugula, which is rich in healthy nitrates; raw spinach may lead to kidney stones.

Mushrooms: Cook at high heat without oil to activate beta-glucan in white cells like macrophages, enhancing immune function.

Exercise: Engage in 60 minutes of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to stimulate stem cells, lactic acid, and nitric oxide production.

Just a few tidbits. 

Hello, hi.  It’s me.  I am laughing at you.  Hello. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Hello, hi.  It’s me.  I am laughing at you.  Hello. 

Lion's mane mushroom and cod liver for you sir!  We need to work on your DHA!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bronx said:

Just a few tidbits. 

I love sunlight, I love being barefoot, that’s easy enough. 

I eat eggs at breakfast, not sure about arugula over spinach. My biggest challenge with spinach is you  can put an entire bushel of it into the pan and still wonder where the hell did it go in my omelet after it cooks down.  Like a disappearing magic trick. Kidney stones? Drink more water fools!

Eggs are for breakfast, brunch, decorating at easter and throwing at people during Halloween you maniac! Main course? How dare you sir! 

Mushrooms are for mind expansion and to stuff with breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano, Garlic salt, onion salt and diced onions. Stop trying to ruin everything with your minimalistic ways, like a freaking apocalyptic up in this bitch with you, 

Rest and avoid stress? Welcome to Jetnation. First time here Bronx?

Fasting practices? We call that intermittent starvation and self loathing in the civilized world pal!

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I see 3 potential routes here

it was not tested in a lower environment prior to prod deploy - highly unlikely

there was not a use case for this particular piece of code - very unlikely 

lowet environment simply could not reflect volume of prod - hence when pushed all hell broke loose - probable winner

19 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I see 3 potential routes here

it was not tested in a lower environment prior to prod deploy - highly unlikely

there was not a use case for this particular piece of code - very unlikely 

lowet environment simply could not reflect volume of prod - hence when pushed all hell broke loose - probable winner

I think the most likely scenario is they only tested the happy path and never hit this scenario. 

F*ck today.

Modern business has made us all completely dependent on computers and access to the internet by putting the information we need in order to perform our normally mundane jobs online. I was trying to help out at a new car dealer during the CDK outage and it was an absolute nightmare, probably cost the dealer 40-50 % of their business. IT guys are still pulling their hair out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1