Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He clearly doesn’t care. He’s not repped some Johnny come lately like Devitos agent. He has CAA backing him. Digging in is what they do. How the Jets didn’t have this sorted out is wild. To the 31 other teams and NFl fans, this is an “only the Jets” type ordeal. 

I think it’s bad but not Zach Wilson-esque level negligence.  JD apparently thought of Reddick as a 1 year rental 

• Thumb Down 2

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How can you lose a guy that's never played a snap of football for you? 🤣 Come on, bro. His presence will be missed 😅

Saleh and Uhlrich have to be sick to their stomach tonight. This defense could’ve been special this year. 
Now they have to count on @Joe W. Namath’s “1st round pedigree” guys like Kinlaw and McD to perform over their heads instead.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Saleh and Uhlrich have to be sick to their stomach tonight. This defense could’ve been special this year. 
Now they have to count on @Joe W. Namath’s “1st round pedigree” guys like Kinlaw and McD to perform over their heads instead.

I do not know much about kinlaw, but I trust JD enough that Willie Mac should get 8-10 sacks this year as a full time player.

I mean, he barely played last year and had 3 sacks.  As a fulltime player, I think he gets 10.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

What's changed from yesterday that now Saleh and Ulbrich are sick to their stomachs? 😅

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

What's changed from yesterday than now Saleh and Ulbrich are sick to their stomachs? 😅

You don’t think they’re upset now that it’s become apparent that the guy they thought would be out there 70% of the time dominating his position asked to be traded?

What about the players on that defense? Who do you think they wanted in the huddle with them in San Fran, McD or Reddick?

I guess this when the position coaches have to gather their seperate units together and tell them they’re going to figure out a way to get through it.

Hopefully the players buy in.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You don’t think they’re upset now that it’s become apparent that the guy they thought would be out there 70% of the time dominating his position asked to be traded?

What about the players on that defense? Who do you think they wanted in the huddle with them in San Fran, McD or Reddick.

I guess this when the position coaches have to gather their seperate units together and tell them they’re going to figure out a way to get through it.

Their feeling wouldn't have changed one bit from yesterday. Nothing happened in terms of getting Reddick into camp. Only a fool thinks that the trade request changes anything. Oh...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

No they don’t the jets once again look like a clown show and the more this gets press the worse Joe looks - the guy owns an atrocious record on top of his incompetence 

you know who looks smart the eagles do

The Jets are not signing him to an extension. He needs to play. They can wait it out. Reddick either plays or sits and continues to accrue the fines and not get paid. Who is going to sign a soon to be 31yo(next year) who just sat out the year to a multi year contract 25 million dollar contract that he is supposedly seeking? The Jets do have the upper hand here. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not know much about kinlaw, but I trust JD enough that Willie Mac should get 8-10 sacks this year as a full time player.

I mean, he barely played last year and had 3 sacks.  As a fulltime player, I think he gets 10.

He’s a stiff Joe.
Accept reality. He’s not some raw 21yo with untapped potential. He’s a 25yo whose body won’t hold up for more than 10-15 plays at the most. (and perish forbid a team runs at him)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The Jets are not signing him to an extension. He needs to play. They can wait it out. Reddick either plays or sits and continues to accrue the fines and not get paid. Who is going to sign a soon to be 31yo(next year) who just sat out the year to a multi year contract 25 million dollar contract that he is supposedly seeking? The Jets do have the upper hand here. 

CAA, tell your people to stay away. Stay away now, don't - don't come in here. Whatever you hear, stay away! JOE D has the upper hand!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Their feeling wouldn't have changed one bit from yesterday. Nothing happened in terms of getting Reddick into camp. Only a fool thinks that the trade request changes anything. Oh...

Only a fool would think the team and CS wouldn’t be upset about today’s news. Oh….

28 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Of course they want him to play. He makes them better but they will still be a good defense without him. OTOH Reddick isn't getting paid and accruing steep penalties. The Jets aren't signing him to an extension this year. If Reddick sits out the year he will be 31yo early next season after not playing this season. You think some team next year is going to fork over a multi year 25 mil contract to him? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Only a fool would think the team and CS wouldn’t be upset about today’s news. Oh….

Do you honestly think they are surprised that he is asking for a trade? They probably knew this way before the media. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Do you honestly think they are surprised that he is asking for a trade? They probably knew this way before the media. 

Do you think they’re happy about it in the locker room and coach’s offices? I don’t.

Of course they want him to play. He makes them better but they will still be a good defense without him. OTOH Reddick isn't getting paid and accruing steep penalties. The Jets aren't signing him to an extension this year. If Reddick sits out the year he will be 31yo early next season after not playing this season. You think some team next year is going to fork over a multi year 25 mil contract to him? 
Actually that team will be us if he doesn't play this year. His contract tolls and we do the dance again next year

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nowhere in that statement does he even imply that he was going to play on his current deal.

I mean, I guess? I'd say I like him even less if he's trying to play with his words. Saying you'll be here for the team no matter how many years you are here, kinda implies even if it's this one year. Maybe he was under the impression he was getting a brand new deal, even if it was just a reworked 1 year deal? That would appear to be counter to what we've heard was said to him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Actually that team will be us if he doesn't play this year. His contract tolls and we do the dance again next year

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

And they still won't extend him so he really does have to play. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What about the players on that defense? Who do you think they wanted in the huddle with them in San Fran, McD or Reddick?

110%

37 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No Cats have been confused, we are NOT Eskimos, the Colonel has not spoken, and God has yet to step on anyone... so no. 

Every once in a while, someone puts one right in your wheelhouse, and boom! You knock it out of the park. 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No, I do not. They want him here but I think he stands to lose the most of the 2 parties involved. 

Agreed, but that kinda depends on how the guys who replace him do doesn’t it?
Let’s not pretend like the GM and CS don’t have anything to lose here if the season doesn’t go well.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

That kinda depends on how the guys who replace him do doesn’t it? Let’s not pretend like the GM and CS don’t have anything to lose here if the season doesn’t go well.

Both sides lose if he doesn't play. He's an important player but the Jets still have a good defense and overall roster. Nothing has changed in the fact that this team still goes as AR goes. 

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Do you think they’re happy about it in the locker room and coach’s offices? I don’t.

All these years watching football and you think players care that another player is doing all he can to get paid?   That they’re upset Reddick is trying to get as much as possible or that they think they’ll lose a single extra game without Reddick?  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Excuse me but he is under contract. Was he promised a new one?  We don't know.  The comical trade demand is just CAA acting all tough.  But the reality is that Reddick either reports or he Lev Bell's his career.  It is pretty simple. Your opinion on his "worth" has zero relevance to the facts of the matter.  There is no credible proof that JD is  "screwing" him. You are assuming that he was promised things by JD and neither you nor I know it to be a fact.  If JD is reneging on a promise he made to Reddick,  then I would be pissed too.  But neither you nor I know that. Thanks for the video. Good Grief Charlie Brown.  

You didn’t listen to the video because you couldn’t come up with this answer when you know the facts. 

Indeed, the Jets KNEWi it was a poor and unworkable contract for the player and took it on anyway when they had options on the team that they could have kept and avoided all of this…

So if you think that getting rid of two players and making your team weaker is a “smart” move, well I disagree and yes it is a 

Good Grief!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All these years watching football and you think players care that another player is doing all he can to get paid?   That they’re upset Reddick is trying to get as much as possible or that they think they’ll lose a single extra game without Reddick?  

I think they were pumped about what they could get done with the unit they thought they were going to have this year and where they could go with it.

I get what you’re saying Nut, but be honest here. In a couple weeks when they’re out in San Fran, let’s say there’s 4 minutes left in the 4th and we’re up 3. The 49ers get the ball on their 40. Who do you think Sauce, QW and Mosely want in the huddle with them, McD or Reddick?
I think you know the answer, and that’s what I mean when I’m talking here about the players.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You didn’t listen to the video because you couldn’t come up with this answer when you know the facts. 

Indeed, the Jets KNEWi it was a poor and unworkable contract for the player and took it on anyway when they had options on the team that they could have kept and avoided all of this…

So if you think that getting rid of two players and making your team weaker is a “smart” move, well I disagree and yes it is a 

Good Grief!

It’s amazing so many here can’t see that. All they’re concerned about is “JD gots da leverage here, he gots it!!!”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I actually thought it was quite a cleaver turn of a phrase!  :)

However, the point still holds that the REPORTER who broke the story is saying the Jets are NOT Telling the Truth here and that Reddick did not say he would play on the current deal!  

That is the point!

Who's feeding the reporter this info? Reddicks camp? None of these hacks were there when the trade and conversations happened. There have been other reports that said that he was willing to play on his current deal and then backtracked. Who really knows unless you were actually privy to the conversations. I have a hard time believing that the Jets were told he would not play on his current deal under any circumstances and they would still make that trade. There is something missing in the translation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1