Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Without looking it up, it seems like he's always hurt 

You may be right @slimjasi but when he's on the field, he usually makes some plays.

Always seemed like he had a pretty good motor, from what I recall about him.

Here are his career stats, nothing mind-blowing, but servicable.

Matt Milano Career Stats | NFL.com

For a LB'er, he seems to have a nose for the ball - 10 INT's in 7 years.

• Upvote 1

How funny would it be for Lawson to knock Becton on his a$s, as he blows past him for a strip-sack of Dak Prescott?
Probably Lawson's best chance for a sack....
Prescott? Don't you mean Jalen Hurts?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Huff leading all defenders tonight with 4 tackles!!!  OH MY GAWD>>>>>>>   WHAT DID WE DO???  Come on you Huff truthers... it's time to flap those wings and crow.  Lets go. HUFF IT!

What have you done, Joe Douglas?!?!  What have you done!!!

The Falcons making more moves after trading for Judon, they sign Safety Justin SImmons;

Falcons sign S Justin Simmons, formerly of the Broncos, to a one-year, $7.5 million contract.

The Falcons continue to make late-offseason additions to their defense. Less than 24 hours after they traded for disgruntled Patriots pass-rusher Matthew Judon, the Falcons were at it again, signing Simmons to a one-year deal to help bolster their secondary. Simmons is a two-time Pro Bowler and a four-time Second-Team All-Pro, who has amassed 30 interceptions in 118 career games since being drafted by the Broncos in 2016. Simmons earned a PFF coverage grade of 63.4 last season and should fit nicely with safety Jessie Bates. Before signing with the Falcons, Simmons also met with the Saints.

Related

Denver Broncos

New Orleans Saints

Transaction

4h ago

Source: Tom Pelissero

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-5795-d6f3-a9fd-f7b599950000

37 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Falcons making more moves after trading for Judon, they sign Safety Justin SImmons;

Falcons sign S Justin Simmons, formerly of the Broncos, to a one-year, $7.5 million contract.

The Falcons continue to make late-offseason additions to their defense. Less than 24 hours after they traded for disgruntled Patriots pass-rusher Matthew Judon, the Falcons were at it again, signing Simmons to a one-year deal to help bolster their secondary. Simmons is a two-time Pro Bowler and a four-time Second-Team All-Pro, who has amassed 30 interceptions in 118 career games since being drafted by the Broncos in 2016. Simmons earned a PFF coverage grade of 63.4 last season and should fit nicely with safety Jessie Bates. Before signing with the Falcons, Simmons also met with the Saints.

Related

Denver Broncos

New Orleans Saints

Transaction

4h ago

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-5795-d6f3-a9fd-f7b599950000

Bar Rescue - We had to. | Facebook

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I noticed @T0mShane is pretty mum on that fire 2/7 passing performance from Joe Milton.  

Through two preseason games, there are only three clear things on the Patriots.  The D will be the strength of this team.  The OL is atrocious.  Drake Maye is the best QB the Patriots have.  

• Upvote 1

Giants - Texans game on Sunday will be interesting. Lots of preseason hype around the Texans, expectations are pretty high here. So far no serious injuries and the offense, on paper, looks solid. I trust Ryans with the defense.

8 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Through two preseason games, there are only three clear things on the Patriots.  The D will be the strength of this team.  The OL is atrocious.  Drake Maye is the best QB the Patriots have.  

Playing Maye behind that OL would be a mistake; that's how you ruin guys

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Playing Maye behind that OL would be a mistake; that's how you ruin guys

I do not disagree with your point.

I think being at UNC, struggling with the talent there and changing offenses.  Plus, being the youngest of four brothers.  I think he is far more ready to deal with adversity than a guy like Mac.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

I do not disagree with your point.

I think being at UNC, struggling with the talent there and changing offenses.  Plus, being the youngest of four brothers.  I think he is far more ready to deal with adversity than a guy like Mac.

It's not about dealing with adversity. It's about building bad habits. Getting hit by NFL players hurts, and when QBs are under constant duress they'll become gun-shy, get happy feet, and otherwise do things that interfere with the ability to simply do the job of QBing correctly. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

It's not about dealing with adversity. It's about building bad habits. Getting hit by NFL players hurts, and when QBs are under constant duress they'll become gun-shy, get happy feet, and otherwise do things that interfere with the ability to simply do the job of QBing correctly. 

Are You Sure GIF by Leroy Patterson

Again, I do not disagree with your point.  

I also think adversity does help a player become better.  The game is hard.  If a player does not have the mettle to deal with it.  It is better for the team to learn sooner rather than later.  

I could be 110% wrong.  I do not think Drake is going to pee down his leg or be a David Klinger v2.0. 

I am not saying he is going to be greater than Mahomes or even Allen.  If the team feels his footwork still needs work or his play calling is not there yet, then keep him as QB #2.   If the difference between him and Jacoby is inches and not miles.  I think the Patriots should pull the bandaid off.

8 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

How is his pace though?

On 8/15/2024 at 5:28 PM, Dcat said:

Huff leading all defenders tonight with 4 tackles!!!  OH MY GAWD>>>>>>>   WHAT DID WE DO???  Come on you Huff truthers... it's time to flap those wings and crow.  Lets go. HUFF IT!

the “let’s rent Reddick” strategy is really working out

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2024 at 6:09 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

Related

Denver Broncos

New Orleans Saints

Transaction

4h ago

Falcons are going to win nfc south

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How is his pace though?

JT Sullivan did his QB school review of Drake. I think his pre-draft review of him was he needs work.

The Eagles review was generally positive.  There were plays like his first run were he said he ran too quickly.  He thought the fumble snap was on the center as the center was the only Patriot moving.  The rookie  wideouts fubared a couple of plays.  In general, his bad plays, etc were more rookie mistakes.

22 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

JT Sullivan did his QB school review of Drake. I think his pre-draft review of him was he needs work.

The Eagles review was generally positive.  There were plays like his first run were he said he ran too quickly.  He thought the fumble snap was on the center as the center was the only Patriot moving.  The rookie  wideouts fubared a couple of plays.  In general, his bad plays, etc were more rookie mistakes.

You didn't answer my question.  I asked about his "pace".  :)

MacJonesPace2.gif.0227f6471e21ecdff2f247f63a6f9de3.gif