Jets Sign QB Ben Bryant; Update - Bryant Released

• Lith changed the title to Jets Sign QB Ben Bryant; Update - Bryant Released
9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What, the jets are now cutting guys that can't hit the ocean after one day?  What is this sorcery?

Matinez, is that the guy that played for Nebraska like forever?

Yes and he played his final year at Kansas State. He played in the UFL this season and was named MVP.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What, the jets are now cutting guys that can't hit the ocean after one day?  What is this sorcery?

Matinez, is that the guy that played for Nebraska like forever?

Yep. Stinks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Read that Jordan Travis had some setback and it doesn’t sound like he’ll be available this offseason. 

IMG_5463.jpeg

Sounds about right. I wasn't expecting him to play at all this year.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Read that Jordan Travis had some setback and it doesn’t sound like he’ll be available this offseason. 

IMG_5463.jpeg

I’m pretty sure I mentioned him getting placed on the IR for the season on the day he was drafted. Gets a full year to learn the system, sits in on everything, and the Jets save the roster spot. A lot of hand-wringing for a fifth round comp pick that no one wanted to have play this year, anyway. With these guys, you’re basically hoping for backup level play, or maybe showing enough in a preseason to convince someone to trade for him. 

In the meantime, no reason not to shuffle thru camp arms in search of a practice squad QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m pretty sure I mentioned him getting placed on the IR for the season on the day he was drafted. Gets a full year to learn the system, sits in on everything, and the Jets save the roster spot. A lot of hand-wringing for a fifth round comp pick that no one wanted to have play this year, anyway. With these guys, you’re basically hoping for backup level play, or maybe showing enough in a preseason to convince someone to trade for him. 

In the meantime, no reason not to shuffle thru camp arms in search of a practice squad QB. 

I’m not averse to drafting QBs, especially late, but this one bothered me. Who knows how any of these dudes turn out, but Travis has few tools and played in a hinky offense with a basketball team of ball-getters at receiver. And, to boot, no leg. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Meanwhile Green Bay 7th rounder.......

"Pratt has already impressed during the minicamp sessions back in May, so he'll be going into training camp with some confidence. "

Michael Pratt has a legit shot at being the packers back up.

Joe Douglas proving once again he has the pulse on who is a good QB prospect.

Oh we are surprised that Travis is further way than we thought!

Oh we are surprised that reddick is holding out!

The jets are constantly 'getting surprised' and not in good ways.

• Thumb Down 3

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Meanwhile Green Bay 7th rounder.......

"Pratt has already impressed during the minicamp sessions back in May, so he'll be going into training camp with some confidence. "

Michael Pratt has a legit shot at being the packers back up.

Joe Douglas proving once again he has the pulse on who is a good QB prospect.

Oh we are surprised that Travis is further way than we thought!

Oh we are surprised that reddick is holding out!

The jets are constantly 'getting surprised' and not in good ways.

you are seriously whining about not picking Pratt?   

OMG, you need to reconsider what your post maybe.  It's gotten to the point of absurdity.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if Pratt is good? 

What if our pick is good?  This is just stupid discourse.  Our guy is coming off a serious injury, Pratt wasn't.  Comparisons now are pure, unadulterated trolling. After all, it's from one of the usual suspects, as well.  Pathetic.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What if our pick is good?  This is just stupid discourse.  Our guy is coming off a serious injury, Pratt wasn't.  Comparisons now are pure, unadulterated trolling. After all, it's from one of the usual suspects, as well.  Pathetic.

Ah come on. That’s what draft talk is all about! You like this guy or that guy, hate this prospect or that one. The one you like gets drafted by a QB savant, your team—who has been as bad as it gets at identifying QB talent—drafts someone else. It’s ok to keep tabs imo

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not averse to drafting QBs, especially late, but this one bothered me. Who knows how any of these dudes turn out, but Travis has few tools and played in a hinky offense with a basketball team of ball-getters at receiver. And, to boot, no leg. 

Upvote for saying "averse" instead of "adverse".

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ah come on. That’s what draft talk is all about! You like this guy or that guy, hate this prospect or that one. The one you like gets drafted by a QB savant, your team—who has been as bad as it gets at identifying QB talent—drafts someone else. It’s ok to keep tabs imo

Pratt 😄

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

But the point here is that the usual suspects are already standing in their saddles screaming Pratt was the better choice.  Total conjecture and, trolling for the sake of trolling.  No comparisons of the two can be made until one is ready to at least practice.  The "we should have taken Pratt" posts are either part of the troll patrol or just as dumb as it gets.

• Upvote 2