Great terrible take on the Jets

Injuries happen randomly and in this situation, the story isnt over, so honestly just a weird time to make this take by Dan O.  By all accounts, Rodgers is fully healed and still can move and undoubtedly, still sling it at an elite level.  I could understand if the reports were different ie; he's experiencing discomfort, he had a set back, he doesnt look like himself, he's checked out, etc. but that's not what we're reading.  We're back to romancing about how good the Jets could be if Rodgers stays healthy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm curious, and I do not share your opinion obviously, but I wonder if A ROD plays great this year, would you then evaluate the trade as good? say we go deep in playoff or make a Superbowl appearance? 

Say Wilson takes that next step and dominate at the WR and say catches like 15 TD's or get 2000 yards. Something that makes you think he leveled up, only due to A Rod throwing the ball to him? 

Everything you think that makes the trade bad still exists...but something like that happens this year, would you change your mind? or update your opinion?

If that future is a possibility wouldn't it make sense to acknowledge the trade is good right now?

Well, I think there are two sides to this.

First,  If Rodgers plays 17 games (or close) and is in the top 10 range then sure.  Depending on how the season plays out - I would say the trade was okay.  Now, if the Jets get to a championship game with Rodgers - than you can say they can some value back.

Secondly though, regardless of how it works out, even if they win a Super Bowl - it doesn't excuse giving up all they gave up solely to have him at TSwiz concerts.   Work out or not that was just a very unserious move.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Secondly though, regardless of how it works out, even if they win a Super Bowl - it doesn't excuse giving up all they gave up solely to have him at TSwiz concerts.   Work out or not that was just a very unserious move.

Wow. Just f@cking wow. Just so I don't get banned, you are a smart person (🙄) but this is a beyond horrible take. Like Tide Pod ingesting bad. 

• Upvote 2

So far, yes, one of the worst trades of all time. If Rodgers can do more than play catch with Wilson in training camp, then maybe we'll eek out a few wins. But I'm just expecting us to be saddled with the once-in-a-generation awfulnes that is Nathaniel Hacket and Robert Saleh for our coaching brains, coupled with the completely broken down body of a 40 year old man at QB. I think Rodgers ceiling is Favre on the Jets, which isn't enough. I definitely hope I'm wrong and Rodgers for some reason de-ages by 2 or 3 years, but he was washed up on Green Bay, like obviously washed up. We'll see. Not getting hopes up.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

First,  If Rodgers plays 17 games (or close) and is in the top 10 range then sure.  Depending on how the season plays out - I would say the trade was okay.  Now, if the Jets get to a championship game with Rodgers - than you can say they can some value back.

Some value back?

for getting to championship game

okay if he plays all the games and is a top 10 qb?

unbelievable

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He would be the 3rd QB in history to play 16 games in a season at age 40 or over (Brady and Favre). Counting on that to happen seems.. optimistic. It's why the backup QB situation last season was so egregious.

41 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He would be the 3rd QB in history to play 16 games in a season at age 40 or over (Brady and Favre). Counting on that to happen seems.. optimistic. It's why the backup QB situation last season was so egregious.

Agree.  The big problem is the back up is a sack away from ending the season in concussion protocol.

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Wow. Just f@cking wow. Just so I don't get banned, you are a smart person (🙄) but this is a beyond horrible take. Like Tide Pod ingesting bad. 

Okay, let's have this conversation then.

Rodgers: I want to play but will ONLY play for the Jets

Packers: Jordan Love is going to be our starter so Rodgers has be gone before we're locked into paying him $70mm.

Rest of NFL: Crickets

Jets: We can wait another month and get him for close to nothing - but let's  give up (what they hoped would)  two 1st round pick a 2nd round and more for Rodgers and a lesser 1st.  And while we're at it - let's take the full contract.  There is no logical reason to have done this other than they wanted him at Broadway shows and pop concerts.

Again, regardless of how Rodgers performs that was an absolutely unserious move by an unserious organization.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Some value back?

for getting to championship game

okay if he plays all the games and is a top 10 qb?

unbelievable

Isn't the idea to win a championship?  Getting one year out of a QB for 2 2's and 1 swap - and getting to a championship game is value.  It's not special.

Anything less than that would be a poor trade.

22 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This guy is ridiculous Dan O. We literally got a top ten QB of all time for a second rounder. Seems especially good considering recent contracts like watson, Wilson and now the guys like love making crazy money.

Not sure why this came up today on my Instagram but it did and now you can all share my annoyance with them

Screenshot_20240730-193113~2.png

As long as he can avoid injury

The Brady Bunch Football GIF by TV Land Classic

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Isn't the idea to win a championship?  Getting one year out of a QB for 2 2's and 1 swap - and getting to a championship game is value.  It's not special.

Anything less than that would be a poor trade.

we haven't made the playoffs in forever.   we make the championship i think the jets will view it as a win.

On 7/31/2024 at 2:38 PM, FidelioJet said:

not sure why it matters what concerts he attends.  like that is a terrible take.

if he's a top 10 qb my guess is we are in the superbowl.

On 7/31/2024 at 1:06 AM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So far the trade has been awful. I'm not sure what's to argue about.

Yes… we should have extended Zach! You CRAZY!

Unfortunate injury last year… it happens. Rodgers has this defense believing, his contract rework saved us million$ and allowed us to sign high end FA(Tyron & Williams). Players who never would have considered us w/o Rodgers. You’d have us drafting JJ McCarthy as our Franchise Qb. 
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

30 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes… we should have extended Zach! You CRAZY!

Unfortunate injury last year… it happens. Rodgers has this defense believing, his contract rework saved us million$ and allowed us to sign high end FA(Tyron & Williams). Players who never would have considered us w/o Rodgers. You’d have us drafting JJ McCarthy as our Franchise Qb. 
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Rodgers allowed us to sign 2 aging vets with massive injury concerns 

Plan the parade.

On 7/31/2024 at 2:38 PM, FidelioJet said:

So even if they win their first Super Bowl in 55 years because of the trade it's still a bad trade and unserious move. This is some of the dumbest sh*t I have ever read on a board that has a plethora of dumb sh*t posts every day. I think you just won the prize. Congrats. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2024 at 12:28 PM, JiFtheOracle said:

Injuries happen randomly and in this situation, the story isnt over, so honestly just a weird time to make this take by Dan O.  By all accounts, Rodgers is fully healed and still can move and undoubtedly, still sling it at an elite level.  I could understand if the reports were different ie; he's experiencing discomfort, he had a set back, he doesnt look like himself, he's checked out, etc. but that's not what we're reading.  We're back to romancing about how good the Jets could be if Rodgers stays healthy.

The trade itself wasn’t bad it was the fact that we didn’t sign a real backup qb prior to the 2023 season and did other stupid stuff like sign Allen Lazard when Deandre Hopkins was available.

This year we should have drafted a qb in the early rounds in addition to signing Tyrod Taylor.  I like Tyrod and we can make the playoffs with him but he’s fragile.  We got barbecued for the Favre trade and we gave up less for him, he played very well for 3/4 of a season and he wasn’t acting GM

Sometimes it’s not the move itself but the moves surrounding the move.

13 hours ago, batman10023 said:

we haven't made the playoffs in forever.   we make the championship i think the jets will view it as a win.

I guess.  I mean I can't disagree that it would be nice to see this team in the playoffs.  It's been far too long..

With that said, it just feels like an unserious organization that takes that approach.

13 hours ago, batman10023 said:

not sure why it matters what concerts he attends.  like that is a terrible take.

if he's a top 10 qb my guess is we are in the superbowl.

it doesn't matter WHAT concerts he attends, I couldn't care less.

What matters is they could have gotten him for peanuts if they waited a month, but instead they chose to trade a haul a month early so they can get the PR of him doing stuff in NY as a Jet.  It is the sign of an organization that isn't serious about winning.

A team doesn't become this bad for this long based solely on incompetence.  Under Woody Johnson the NY Jets are a PR first and winning second organization.

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So even if they win their first Super Bowl in 55 years because of the trade it's still a bad trade and unserious move. This is some of the dumbest sh*t I have ever read on a board that has a plethora of dumb sh*t posts every day. I think you just won the prize. Congrats. 

Yes.  The point I'm making isn't that they can't win a Super Bowl with Rodgers (anything is possible)

It's that they could have STILL gotten him but for close to nothing.  Instead they wanted him in house a month early for PR purposes.

EITHER WAY YOU HAVE RODGERS but if they wait another month you keep your two ones+ (what they hoped for) and likely take on a lesser contract.  That is an organization that is not serious.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  The point I'm making isn't that they can't win a Super Bowl with Rodgers (anything is possible)

It's that they could have STILL gotten him but for close to nothing.  Instead they wanted him in house a month early for PR purposes.

EITHER WAY YOU HAVE RODGERS but if they wait another month you keep your two ones+ (what they hoped for) and likely take on a lesser contract.  That is an organization that is not serious.

That is pure speculation on your part. Green Bay was not letting a 4 time MVP QB walk for nothing. You also make it seem like two 2nd's was such a high price. It wasn't. I remember a box safety we once had and traded for two 1st's. If the Jets win the SB it would be the greatest trade in Jets history. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/31/2024 at 11:38 AM, FidelioJet said:

lol even if they win the SB????all they gave up was a second rounder.... i would make that deal 100 percent of the time. 

but i do like your Tswiz comment I'm not sure that is, but roders sure does like to get out. I think I saw him hit on Kay adams in a interview yesterday. 

• Haha 1