Haason Reddick Requests Trade, Joe Says NO!

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

the funniest thing would be if he holds out and the jets win the super bowl lol

would he still get a ring?????

Lmao, probably Reddick wouldn't, not since - as you're framing it - he wouldn't have been on the roster at any point. It'd go down the same as if he retired for the season before the week 1 rosters, and then un-retired in March, like Corey Davis.

If it goes down that way, Woody should have a replica ring made just for Reddick, with gold-colored plastic and rhinestones, and then FedEx it to him just to be that way. :D 

Even though they cut him midseason just to get him away from everyone despite no financial benefit, I'm pretty sure George Foster still got one of these in 1986:

MET-HOF-0474-0001-03-1024x970.jpeg 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Plen T said:

Reddick is a goof

whats the play with a holdout? Lose an entire year of salary, miss a year of playing, and come back at 31 thinking someone will give you the bag?

LOL

He's not a goofd hes a scum bag who went back on his word and is trying to hold the team hostage. I say **** him let him rot.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Does anyone know what happens to Reddick's contract if he holds out the entire year. Does he then become a free agent or Jets still have his playing rights and can trade he then or maybe get a compensation pick?

Just now, BigB said:

Does anyone know what happens to Reddick's contract if he holds out the entire year. Does he then become a free agent or Jets still have his playing rights and can trade he then or maybe get a compensation pick?

Jets retain his rights.

Can anyone explain to me why Gio is on the radio this morning talking like Will McDonald is a bust or that he’s been totally useless ? He also said he looked lost in the preseason game … am I missing something ? 3 sacks 4 tfl and 5 qb hits in limited snaps as a rookie and he had a nasty spin move and hit on the qb in the preseason game ..

I get he didn’t light up the world as a rookie but this guy is on the radio acting like he’s Vernon gholston , is this the feeling amongst jets fans and the nfl ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

We don't need him because it's not a hole.  He would be an excellent get, but I agree with the posture that they shouldn't pay him.  The big argument is "Woe is us!  How will we replace Bryce Huff!"  Huff missed 3 games in 2022.  Do you have any idea which 3?  Your mind should be bottled for thinking OMG we need somebody!  An UDFA might make the team!  That is the kind of thinking that got us Dalvin Cook.

Odd that you don’t think we need him because the Jets dumped JFM and ate most of his salary. The Jets told you they needed him.

Pretending that’s not what happened is certainly a choice.

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

Can anyone explain to me why Gio is on the radio this morning talking like Will McDonald is a bust or that he’s been totally useless ? He also said he looked lost in the preseason game … am I missing something ? 3 sacks 4 tfl and 5 qb hits in limited snaps as a rookie and he had a nasty spin move and hit on the qb in the preseason game ..

I get he didn’t light up the world as a rookie but this guy is on the radio acting like he’s Vernon gholston , is this the feeling amongst jets fans and the nfl ?

He is a vikings fan... He doesn't watch jets preseason... He is a talking head trying to drum up controversy 

• Upvote 1

He is a vikings fan... He doesn't watch jets preseason... He is a talking head trying to drum up controversy 

I definitely get that but he at least usually has a decent pulse on the league he’s not TOTALLY clueless I just was a little surprised because I thought most jet fans opinions were on the positive optimism side regarding McDonald because he showed, at minimum, legit pass rushing potential in very few defensive snaps last year and we know he’s got the skill set and bend to potentially become elite … it was surprising to hear him talk like the general feeling on McDonald was another Douglas bust 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He caved to Green Bay. The 1st round swap was GB just flexing on Joe D who let it be be known how desperate he was for Rodgers. While jets lost the player they wanted, GB picked a LB they could have easily had at 15th anyway. 

Maybe.  But even if true, I believe Olu will be a much better OT than Broderick Jones in a year or two.  Jones really did not impress much last season.  Remains to be seen if Will McDonald can truly replace Huff but I'm not as annoyed by that whole sequence as I was.  It very much might turn out to be better for the team in the long run.  Would be ironic if Belichick's last act as a GM was to do the Jets a big favor.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

I definitely get that but he at least usually has a decent pulse on the league he’s not TOTALLY clueless I just was a little surprised because I thought most jet fans opinions were on the positive optimism side regarding McDonald because he showed, at minimum, legit pass rushing potential in very few defensive snaps last year and we know he’s got the skill set and bend to potentially become elite … it was surprising to hear him talk like the general feeling on McDonald was another Douglas bust 🤷🏻‍♂️

No there is a whole slue of people that called quinnen  and jj busts because they didn't play much or well in their first years that already label these guys busts... It happens over and over

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, ToonforPrez said:

Then why are you so Anti-JD on this whole situation if Reddick doesn't matter? If Reddick and his Agent are silent on this then yes it does not put them in a good light or trying to Negotiate in good faith. Right now, the Jets have all the Leverage.  

He’s record is terrible and I root for the Jets.

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No there is a whole slue of people that called quinnen  and jj busts because they didn't play much or well in their first years that already label these guys busts... It happens over and over

My rule for calling Jet defensive lineman a bust. If their jersey's are Vernon Gholston clean after three games they a bust. Little smudge of dirt anywhere and they get benefit of doubt. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My rule for calling Jet defensive lineman a bust. If their jersey's are Vernon Gholston clean after three games they a bust. Little smudge of dirt anywhere and they get benefit of doubt. 

Fair but let's give the kid a chance for a second year.... JJ was a bust in many people's eye after year one because Huff took his spot. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think his record is bad because of the horrible jobs the previous FO personnel had done prior to him getting here. If you look at the team now obviously it is much better shape, than say 5 years ago?  We are a top 5 team roster, and I do credit that to JD as he is not a perfect GM but who is?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Yes but I view it differently.

He inherited a team so bereft of talent we should have been relegated to the PAC 10.  He drafted a QB with the #2 pick and arguably took the best guy on the board there (honestly, none of them panned out so it's not like he missed on someone with that pick).  We invested 2 years in him and then were forced to endure a third due to the injury to ARod.  Now that mess is cleaned up and in the mean time, he has built arguably the most talented roster in the league (SF being the only real competition) around the QB and we finally have both a quality starter and a viable backup QB in place.  We also have a really good cap situation next year to hopefully pay all the guys we will need to.  Every GM swings and misses.  It comes with the job description.  But JD has done good by this team in terms of roster building. 

NFL rebuilds can take years.  Sometimes a team gets lucky and hits on a rookie QB and they get to it faster, but honestly, that's maybe one team every 3-4 years.  My guess is if Woody is dumb enough to fire Douglas, he will be the first GM hired by whatever team is looking and it won't take more than 5 minutes.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yes but I view it differently.

He inherited a team so bereft of talent we should have been relegated to the PAC 10.  He drafted a QB with the #2 pick and arguably took the best guy on the board there (honestly, none of them panned out so it's not like he missed on someone with that pick).  We invested 2 years in him and then were forced to endure a third due to the injury to ARod.  Now that mess is cleaned up and in the mean time, he has built arguably the most talented roster in the league (SF being the only real competition) around the QB and we finally have both a quality starter and a viable backup QB in place.  We also have a really good cap situation next year to hopefully pay all the guys we will need to.  Every GM swings and misses.  It comes with the job description.  But JD has done good by this team in terms of roster building. 

NFL rebuilds can take years.  Sometimes a team gets lucky and hits on a rookie QB and they get to it faster, but honestly, that's maybe one team every 3-4 years.  My guess is if Woody is dumb enough to fire Douglas, he will be the first GM hired by whatever team is looking and it won't take more than 5 minutes.

I suspect there are at least 10 to 20 teams that think they have one of the top 5 rosters in the league.   We also have one of the bottom 5 HC in the league which may be more important than the roster.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, BigB said:

If he holds out the entire year, he's still a Jet. 

What he would do is report after 6 games, them he would be a FA after the year.   Thing is, show up late, not in shape, Jets pissed at him.  What does he get, 3, 4 sacks?

Now he's a 30 year old FA coming off a crap season.  No one is giving him 20 million.   He shows up, balls out, gets 12 sacks.  That is how he gets paid the next year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He caved to Green Bay. The 1st round swap was GB just flexing on Joe D who let it be be known how desperate he was for Rodgers. While jets lost the player they wanted, GB picked a LB they could have easily had at 15th anyway. 

It's all about leverage.  The Jets have the leverage now, but they didn't have it when they desperately needed Rodgers on the team.

And leverage can be "perceived leverage".  Reddick may think that he has the leverage, thinking that he has millions in the bank, and that he is needed by the team.  The Jets may think that they have all the pass rushers they need, and that Reddick is a luxury, and not a necessity.

At some point, either the Jets or Reddick may change their current position, but we will find out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mfmartin said:

Odd that you don’t think we need him because the Jets dumped JFM and ate most of his salary. The Jets told you they needed him.

Pretending that’s not what happened is certainly a choice.

Plenty of us wanted to move JFM and save the money.  I guess you see that as a sign of desperation.  If this group needs all this to run the D then **** 'em they should be gone.  This is like when Rex was here.  He'd better run a solid D with the bodies and resources they have - whether that includes Reddick or not.  If this team scores 21 ppg they had better make the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

Plenty of us wanted to move JFM and save the money.  I guess you see that as a sign of desperation.  If this group needs all this to run the D then **** 'em they should be gone.  This is like when Rex was here.  He'd better run a solid D with the bodies and resources they have - whether that includes Reddick or not.  If this team scores 21 ppg they had better make the playoffs.

This team is trying win a Super Bowl. Acting like Clemons is the solution is a big issue.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigB said:

His contract tolls (it extends for another year on the same terms) if he hasn't shown up by week 7

9 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

This team is trying win a Super Bowl. Acting like Clemons is the solution is a big issue.

I think you just pointed out our basic disagreement. 

You think we need a solution.  That would indicate a problem.  I don't see one. 

If we score, even a little bit, we will win.  It would be nice to shut everybody out, but we tried that and it didn't work.  I think Reddick is a nice piece as a DPR.  I don't think he fits every D.  Like Huff, he is small and will probably get washed out on running downs and he kind of blows in coverage.  Reddick is the better player, but there are actually downs when I would prefer Clemons on the field.  

• Upvote 1

I think you just pointed out our basic disagreement. 
You think we need a solution.  That would indicate a problem.  I don't see one. 
If we score, even a little bit, we will win.  It would be nice to shut everybody out, but we tried that and it didn't work.  I think Reddick is a nice piece as a DPR.  I don't think he fits every D.  Like Huff, he is small and will probably get washed out on running downs and he kind of blows in coverage.  Reddick is the better player, but there are actually downs when I would prefer Clemons on the field.  

Clemons is one of my least favorite players to watch on film. We definitely have a problem, a metric ton of snaps walked out the door. Somehow has to take them.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

NFL rebuilds can take years. 

This is what the Jets have sold the fans. It's a lie. The average nfl career length is less than 3 seasons, how can a rebuild take 5? 

They never built a program on offense, the coaches on that side of the ball are garbage and Adam gase 7-9 is still the high water mark of the Joe Douglas era 

It's outlandish to talk about a proper rebuild and then go all in for Rodgers when jd needs a new contract 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is what the Jets have sold the fans. It's a lie. The average nfl career length is less than 3 seasons, how can a rebuild take 5? 

They never built a program on offense, the coaches on that side of the ball are garbage and Adam gase 7-9 is still the high water mark of the Joe Douglas era 

It's outlandish to talk about a proper rebuild and then go all in for Rodgers when jd needs a new contract 

This is not your finest point.

The average NFL career of guys who matter is much longer than 3 years.  They guys who last 3 years or less don't affect the rebuild.  But you do have to churn through a few of them to get to the guys who DO matter.  This is a team of young stars, however.  It was ready for a QB who could exploit all of the talent.  Last year sucked and the criticism of JD was simply in not having a viable backup plan or thinking Zach was that plan.  But now every piece is in place, which is really most of what you want a GM to do.  He has delivered a team that is talented, deep, and ready to win games.  I don't know if he has control over who the HC is or not.  With Woody, everything is a blurred line.  That's who I would like to fire if I had my choice.  Oh well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mfmartin said:

Clemons is one of my least favorite players to watch on film. We definitely have a problem, a metric ton of snaps walked out the door. Somehow has to take them.

Okay, so your argument is that JFM is going to be the big loss?  I can buy that.  Huff only played like 180 snaps in 2022 and they were actually better.  I did not see the stats, but I think they tried to play JFM inside more last year and were not impressed.  I honestly think they missed Rankins last season and see Kinlaw as more a replacement for him and JFM than Jefferson.  Of course Kinlaw is a question mark and gets hurt a ton, but I don't think it is the end of the world for guys like Solomon Thomas and even the Jayln Holmes and Hector types to play.  They have a strong Dline IMO.  

I get not liking Clemons.  I think he is wildly overrated on the board based on how he looks.  The Shawn Oakman Effect.  I think he is a valuable guy that I see as a high level JAG.  That means I define JAGS as replaceable guys that are not big negatives on the field.  He does play a fairly large role on specials and I think he will quite likely be particularly valuable with the new kick-off rules.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I disagree.  It was Woody who was jonesing for Rodgers.  It made sense to Rodgers in here as early as possible.  Even though Rodgers wound up getting hurt, we saw the benefits of his leadership when he got here.  He helped make the whole team better.  If JD had sat back and waited, and Rodgers hadn't gotten here until TC or after, none of that good would have happened.

4 hours ago, BigB said:

If he holds out the entire year, it's like it never happened.  The Jets still hold his rights and the contract is still in effect.  In addition to all the fines, he would lose a year's salary, and a year's vestment, would be a year older, and almost certainly wouldn't get a big contract from anyone.