Week 1: Jets @ 49ers

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well considering last season his shape  was a crumpled mass on the turf after four plays I have hard time arguing this. 

He really needed to have his Achilles in better shape last training camp. #disappointed.

20240820_132246.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I get it, but the result is the same man. Just little bit concerned. 

Understood. My point is that you do that to every starting QB's achilles and chances are you get 28 or more torn achilles. I don't see that injury as age related.

• Upvote 1

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports 49ers LT Trent Williams will not report to the team until his contract is adjusted.

The 49ers are working their way through two of the league’s most notable holdouts, as Williams and Brandon Aiyuk are both awaiting new deals. Williams has skipped all of the 49ers’ offseason programs and will be fined a handsome amount for his absence. Williams has been named a First-Team All-Pro in each of his last three seasons and is currently under contract through the 2026 season. Williams, 36, is likely fine with the years left on his deal but is looking for more money to be added to the contract. We’ll see if a deal gets done now that he’s threatening to extend his holdout into the regular season.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Thank god, it's about time we have some real, actual regular season football results to discuss, rather than the endless hot air that has been this offseason on JN.

Finally, we will see how this "best roster in the NFL" actually plays in a game that counts.  If they're ready.  If they can compete toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender in San Fran.

Can.  Not.  Wait.  Bring on the game!

If we're close to what fans here say, we should be able to give them a real hard tough close game with or without Trent.

Or Reddick, for that matter.

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

We had an entire thread here saying it, lol. 😆

I love when folks deny things that can be easily searched for.

We have folks generally saying one (or more) of three things:

1. Best roster in NFL

2. Best roster in Jets history.

3. One of the best rosters in the NFL.

4. And pretty much everyone has said it's the best roster of the JD Era or Woody Era.

So please spare me your back-peddling quibbling Captain "We're going 14-3, thank you Joe Douglas", lol.

Jesus, man. You're worse than a news source I don’t agree with

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

But Joe said no one has ever said that, so clearly that's a fake, right?

Now you're arguing with yourself? 

Thank god, it's about time we have some real, actual regular season football results to discuss, rather than the endless hot air that has been this offseason on JN.

Bill Murray Movie GIF by filmeditor

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Who said it here? I don't recall anyone making that claim on this site. I did hear some people saying we were in the top five, but most were a bit more conservative. Media doesn't count.

Do a search for “best roster” and see. FFS 🙄

You know what, don’t. Believe what you like. 

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Understood. My point is that you do that to every starting QB's achilles and chances are you get 28 or more torn achilles. I don't see that injury as age related.

It’s not, but hard to argue older we get less durable we get. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The hardest game on the schedule. Wouldn't be sad at all to see Trent Williams keep up the good fight until week 2.

Its the hardest game on the schedule but plays no real part other than the win or loss. Conference games and division games are what makes or breaks your seeding. That being said i think we match up very well with SF and IMHO we should run the ball down their throats until they prove they can stop Breece and Allen and even then I would still pound it in their faces to set up that pig for the slaughter in the 4th Quarter

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Interesting film breakdown on Deebo. Is he overrated as a WR?

Deebo was never really a pure WR but he is a threat all over the field. They move him around and play him in the back field because he a big thick guy who can take some of the pounding. Most of what he does is created by Shanny knowing exactly how to use him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Deebo was never really a pure WR but he is a threat all over the field. They move him around and play him in the back field because he a big thick guy who can take some of the pounding. Most of what he does is created by Shanny knowing exactly how to use him.

Yes but as the video says with the absence of Aiyuk, Deebo is being asked to play the X. Something he seems below average at to say the least.