New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

5 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Show me his financials.

He settled with the IRS for 17 million.  He invested in an offshore tax fraud scheme to shield him from cap gains taxes when he sold securities to buy the Jets.  

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you were right, Woody would have signed Reddick, extended him long ago.  He doesn’t need to get permission to pay whoever he wants, whatever he wants.  

except Reddick wants to be paid with Sauce Gardner's second contract money. The decision would be to pay Peter with Paul's money, risking the locker room. Another poster yesterday made the point. Reddick had sh*tty prior paydays due to being played out of position in Arizona, and only became DPOY and Pro Bowl 2x the last few years. He's probably overly emotional about his last big payday. And Woody may not be playing to type.

16 hours ago, Vader said:

So you are suggesting with multi million dollar contracts on the line professional negotiators that represent multi-billion dollar organizations and multi-million dollar contracts for celebrities and athletes don't run simulations or understand that they are operating under game theoretic conditions? 

The Jets FO, coaching staff and fans are irrelevant. At this point in time the Jets and Reddick reps are locked in a game theoretic scenario and they are pursuing different agendas.

This year is the best shot the Jets will ever have in Woody's tenure going into a season at the Superbowl. It's not complicated. They may feel Woody will fold at some point. 

well since they screwed up (in my view) his last 2 contracts, they need to buy a new computer.  

• Haha 1

What does this mean? A win-win happens when both sides get what they want or there is a compromise or the myth of the fixed pie is overcome. If the Jets give Reddick the contract he wants the Jets have lost bc they will probably not be able to afford a scone contract they want to give. This is what Reddick ideally wants. The Jets want their cake and eat it. It's a zero-sum game at this point. 

win/win was a bump in guaranteed money this year with some incentives kicked in - get him to $17-18mm this year and play for a big contract.

he's going to earn $10MM this year and go on another 1 year prove it deal most likely next year.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He settled with the IRS for 17 million.  He invested in an offshore tax fraud scheme to shield him from cap gains taxes when he sold securities to buy the Jets.  

Good to know... But for future reference - I was just being sarcastic.

• Haha 1

Maybe. But you are speaking as a fan. Not Team Reddick, who wants to leverage his DPOY, back to back Pro Bowls, nearly 30 sacks in 3 years and elite post season performance. That's him being rational. We'll see how far this lasts.

sorry but can you let me know what year he won DPOY?  You have said it a couple of times and I don't see it.  Maybe that's the issue his agents are putting the wrong inputs into the computer and spitting out higher valuations than what is appropriate.

you also said "elite post season performance" - he had 1 tackle last year in the post season.  Is this a troll account, if so well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He was looking to defer the tax, not evade it, at least according to him.

https://nypost.com/2006/08/01/blocking-taxes-jets-owner-dragged-into-offshore-scam-probe/

14 hours ago, Vader said:

Look up Tory Dandy's clients, the deals he has negotiated, and then look up his mentor's (Eugene Parker) clients and the deals. To suggest that Tory Dandy doesn't know what he's doing or that what he is doing is not sticking to the plan Haasan Reddick wants is absurd. He's a world class agent. 

In your opinion did Dandy negotiate world class contracts for HR the last two times?

13 hours ago, Vader said:

the strategy doesn't always work. like I said, it disregards risk and loss for the absolute maximum payout. when it doesn't work it often results in disaster... which may be happening... they may have thought Woody would fold by now, and to really put JD in a bind since JD is actually a FA too...it makes JD look incompetent.  These would be assumptions I would make about it. 

feels like you are now acknowledging some of the dramatic left tail risks HR is taking on.  

56 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

win/win was a bump in guaranteed money this year with some incentives kicked in - get him to $17-18mm this year and play for a big contract.

he's going to earn $10MM this year and go on another 1 year prove it deal most likely next year.  

he clearly doesn't think what you are suggesting is ideal. unless he is mentally ill there is a rational actor (and a strategy) behind what he is doing -- even if the strategy fails.

53 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

sorry but can you let me know what year he won DPOY?  You have said it a couple of times and I don't see it.  Maybe that's the issue his agents are putting the wrong inputs into the computer and spitting out higher valuations than what is appropriate.

you also said "elite post season performance" - he had 1 tackle last year in the post season.  Is this a troll account, if so well done.

yeah sorry he was 2nd in DPOY voting on a 16.5 sack 5 FF year. In the post season he single handedly destroyed Brock Purdy. He has 2x pro bowls since. The theory being, he wants to leverage all of that.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

In your opinion did Dandy negotiate world class contracts for HR the last two times?

if you look into reddick's history, he was played out of poisiotn and multiple positions while in Arizona. This lowered his market value and informed the 1 year Carolina deal. I don't know when Dandy came on board but I believe Dandy did negotiate the Eagles contract which was a much better contract. Because he performed all world on that contract he likely believes he is due even though he is older than normal to cash in on the kind of contract he wants

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

feels like you are now acknowledging some of the dramatic left tail risks HR is taking on.  

A maximax strategy is defined by extreme risk and disregard of risk and loss in attempt to get the biggest payout of all outcomes. It's a built-in feature to the startegy and Ive said that all along. In fact the point of my initial post was to explain why his willingness to risk his relationships and future with the league and to take the financial losses was rational behavior according to the strategy I mentioned... 

14 minutes ago, Vader said:

if you look into reddick's history, he was played out of poisiotn and multiple positions while in Arizona. This lowered his market value and informed the 1 year Carolina deal. I don't know when Dandy came on board but I believe Dandy did negotiate the Eagles contract which was a much better contract. Because he performed all world on that contract he likely believes he is due even though he is older than normal to cash in on the kind of contract he wants

Dandy if he did the eagles contract it was a below market deal.   at least from other signings around that time.

26 minutes ago, Vader said:

he clearly doesn't think what you are suggesting is ideal. unless he is mentally ill there is a rational actor (and a strategy) behind what he is doing -- even if the strategy fails.

early on in your posts it seemed to me that you thought HR had lots of leverage and was going to "win" due to Woody's desperation.  

I think it's clear at this point he's the loser.   He should have taken the $22mm extension if it was at all real.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Dandy if he did the eagles contract it was a below market deal.   at least from other signings around that time.

It was a better contract but look at Reddicks history prior. He was squandered in Arizona and then did a 1 year prove it with his college coach Matt rhule in Carolina. He leveraged all of that to get the eagles deal. All of this explains potentially why he is postured as he is: he is resentful and sees his prime earning years being wasted despite elite level production. It’s unfortunate really. This is his last best chance to make bank. 

• Upvote 1

Just had the privilege of the Eagles fan neighbor down the street stopping me to chat in the driveway. He claims Reddicks play fell off a cliff at seasons end last year, he is done being a dominant pass rusher, and that’s why he doesn’t want to show the Jets anything without getting paid.

He is also not worried about Bryce Huff at all.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

early on in your posts it seemed to me that you thought HR had lots of leverage and was going to "win" due to Woody's desperation.  

I think it's clear at this point he's the loser.   He should have taken the $22mm extension if it was at all real.  

He does have leverage and it is all still playing out. My stating that he has leverage and that woody has been played before as a mark doesn’t mean I have an opinion one way or another or that what he is doing will work. BUT just to reiterate when you say reddick is the loser: huge risks and major losses are a feature of this strategy. His losses would then be part of messaging that he is willing to take those losses in attempt to create pressure that will result in an agreement on his terms.

not a fun negotiation. It’s not a win win. He’s threatening a lose lose. 

Then is it definite that gamecheck #1 has been forfeited?
This idiot is Lev Belling his career.  I'm sorry, but he is one stupid, stupid person.
He is not on our active roster so I don't see how he can possibly get paid. When (if) he shows up I think we have two weeks to put him onto the active roster (and cut someone to make room). Not sure at what exact point he starts to get paid.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

If the Jets just win games without him, all this does is actually benefit the team

They save money both in terms of actual outlay and against the cap every game he misses 🤣

If I understand Zach Blatt correctly, the Jets are only on the hook for a prorated portion of his salary whenever he shows up 

Best case scenario might be Jets start out 5-0 or whatever and he comes crawling back at that point to keep his contract from tolling

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Vader said:

He does have leverage and it is all still playing out. My stating that he has leverage and that woody has been played before as a mark doesn’t mean I have an opinion one way or another or that what he is doing will work. BUT just to reiterate when you say reddick is the loser: huge risks and major losses are a feature of this strategy. His losses would then be part of messaging that he is willing to take those losses in attempt to create pressure that will result in an agreement on his terms.

not a fun negotiation. It’s not a win win. He’s threatening a lose lose. 

he clearly thinks he's a great player and not on the decline.   the nfl thinks otherwise.

can you share with me what you think a positive outcome for him is - at this point?  factoring in lost income/fines etc.

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

Just had the privilege of the Eagles fan neighbor down the street stopping me to chat in the driveway. He claims Reddicks play fell off a cliff at seasons end last year, he is done being a dominant pass rusher, and that’s why he doesn’t want to show the Jets anything without getting paid.

No Way Wow GIF

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he clearly thinks he's a great player and not on the decline.   the nfl thinks otherwise.

can you share with me what you think a positive outcome for him is - at this point?  factoring in lost income/fines etc.

Traded to a team that will then sign him. Or signed by Jets. 

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goes to show you can’t buy wisdom or common sense 

He’d be a free agent after this year if he just performed well

No team is going to pony up next offseason after seeing these ridiculous shenanigans 

A day before he gets to free agency, Jets should verbally offer more than he's asking for in both dollars and years, then continually re-schedule the actual contract signing week after week due to unforeseen circumstances until about mid-August, then reneg completely.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

My neighbor thinks that corporations are colluding to stop people from accessing enough fiber in their daily diets, so it sounds like what you've got is a step up.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

A day before he gets to free agency, Jets should verbally offer more than he's asking for in both dollars and years, then continually re-schedule the actual contract signing week after week due to unforeseen circumstances until about mid-August, then reneg completely.

1*mk0qP4Eqa_GHQ6BVlUvY1A.png

• Haha 1