Pro Foosball Talk Power Rankings

I love how the packers are some juggernaut but won 2 more games than the Boyle Wilson  jets last year with supposedly an elite QB and a soft schedule. 

That’s just one more game than the 2022 packers with rogers playing with an injured thumb (and a tougher schedule) 

Love hyped 2023 stats 

3,000 passing yards, 24 TDs 12 INTs

Rogers decline year with hurt thumb 

3700 yards, 26 TDs 12 INTs

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I love how the packers are some juggernaut but won 2 more games than the Boyle Wilson  jets last year with supposedly an elite QB and a soft schedule. 

That’s just one more game than the 2022 packers with rogers playing with an injured thumb (and a tougher schedule) 

Love hyped 2023 stats 

It's almost like Love is a young player ascending and the team is also young and they're projected to keep getting better. Where as Rodgers is on the last legs of his career and hasn't been healthy in years.

11 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It's almost like Love is a young player ascending and the team is also young and they're projected to keep getting better. Where as Rodgers is on the last legs of his career and hasn't been healthy in years.

“Ascending” based on a mediocre season worst than the injured QB you mentioned. Hoping for improvement isn’t analysis. The packers are just as likely to be last years giants 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

“Ascending” based on a mediocre season worst than the injured QB you mentioned. Hoping for improvement isn’t analysis. The packers are just as likely to be last years giants 

It was his first season starting and he and the team got better as the season went on.

You're acting like it was his 5th season starting and he randomly had a better season than usual. 

It's only natural to view what he and the packers did and analyze them as a team on the rise to keep improving as they get more experienced. It's not garaunteed, but isn't some baseless hope.

Where as Rodgers is old, injured for 2 years and more likely to keep getting worse.

30 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Uhhh yeah, except 3 years ago after winning the league MVP for second time in a row. But yeah, been awhile. 

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Love hyped 2023 stats 

Those stats don't paint the whole picture. Love broke out in the 2nd half of the year finishing 6-2 throwing 70.3%, 2150 yards, 18-1 TD to int and 112.7 rating. I agree that #3 on the power rankings is too high though.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

TB at 8 might be the oddest call in that list.  Other than playing in the saddest division in the league, I don't see them as anything above average this year.  I actually expect ATL to beat them.

I had to think a bit on who the TB QB was 

10 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Yes, a really strong 8 game stretch during the 2nd half of a season for an NFL QB, in his first year starting, is an excellent sample size, no?

No, an excellent sample size is two seasons. 8 games preceded by trash is a good stretch and certainly not enough to bump a 9 win team to the #1 seed 

1 minute ago, peebag said:

I had to think a bit on who the TB QB was 

I know.  He's honestly on his way to becoming one of the better NFL redemption stories.  He was never a bad QB, but it seems like he matured a bit and decided to just play football.  I guess having Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to throw the ball to isn't a bad thing either.  

• Upvote 1

Meh. The Jets are a high variance team, since they are relying on a few key aging vets with injury concerns. 

14 is also juuuuust out of the playoffs (this has us as the 8th best AFC team). So, within striking distance. 

I much prefer lower expectations. Hoping everyone picks SF this week. 

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

18-1 TD/INT vs 12-6 over final 8 games. Forget the stats though, I have a hard time believing anyone watched both QBs and walk away thinking they're even remotely close to each other in terms of talent and potential. There's gotta be better examples than this lol.

16 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

No, an excellent sample size is two seasons. 8 games preceded by trash is a good stretch and certainly not enough to bump a 9 win team to the #1 seed 

This board would erupt if we have a 25 year old quarterback have the stretch Jordan Love just had. Not to mention he was great in the playoffs. Maybe my standards are too low? idk. Doesn't warrant #2 on any power ranking list but still, could see GB being a top 3-5 team in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

This board would erupt if we have a 25 year old quarterback have the stretch Jordan Love just had. Not to mention he was great in the playoffs. Maybe my standards are too low? idk. Doesn't warrant #2 on any power ranking list but still, could see GB being a top 3-5 team in the NFL.

Never said it isn’t reason to be excited. My point is the it is not enough evidence to warrant such a high seed.