Game 1: Same old story? Or Not?

First play of the game, 49'rs Kickoff return TD.  Aaron Rodgers first pass - pick 6.  Breece first carry, fumble lost - TD 49'rs.

Every year seemingly begins with an immediate disaster.  The first shovel of dirt in a giant hole comes quickly.

Does the curse end this year?  What are your predictions for the start of Monday night's game?

I'm thinking positive and conservative.  49'rs first drive, one first down, punt.  Jets first drive, they move the ball down field, kick a field goal.

• Haha 1

First play of the game, 49'rs Kickoff return TD.  Aaron Rodgers first pass - pick 6.  Breece first carry, fumble lost - TD 49'rs.

Every year seemingly begins with an immediate disaster.  The first shovel of dirt in a giant hole comes quickly.

Wow, and people think I'M cynical......

There is no reason to think this won't be a tough, close, competitive (but likely sloppy) game.  

While I fear injury, because this is a potentially fragile Jets roster dependent on several recently injured/coming back from injury guys, there is no reason to expect it four plays in (again) or the like.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

First play of the game, 49'rs Kickoff return TD.  Aaron Rodgers first pass - pick 6.  Breece first carry, fumble lost - TD 49'rs.

Every year seemingly begins with an immediate disaster.  The first shovel of dirt in a giant hole comes quickly.

Does the curse end this year?  What are your predictions for the start of Monday night's game?

I'm thinking positive and conservative.  49'rs first drive, one first down, punt.  Jets first drive, they move the ball down field, kick a field goal.

Season 2 Rachel GIF

• Upvote 1

I think we lose a close one to a great team. That the more we play the better we get and that we could beet them again in the big dance with improved play throughout the season.

Media will say we're the same ol Jets bc we lost... but hen we rattle off a win streak after this SF game and the critics get quiet.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

cw6mzlga1hdd1.png

I once had to transport a guy that was having some kind of medical problem that was making him vomit uncontrollably, but not projectile or anything, just like a steady flow, like a slow, constant magma flow. Dude puked all the way to the hospital, and we were like, "Jesus, dude! How much rice DID you EAT??" 

Thanks for the reminder...

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

aaa frog.gif

• Haha 2

I mean what are we supposed to expect?

Garrison Hearst off tackle for 80 yard walkoff TD?

Or Raheem Mostert 80 yards untouched on the 1st play from scrimmage?

If Rodgers is even 75% of what he was in his prime, the Jets have more than enough talent to win

But X-factor is probably coaching

Shanahan > Bobby Slogans all day every day

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Shanahan tried to hire Ulbrich away from the Jets to run his defense this offseason, and if Saleh finds himself out of work next year he’ll probably wind up as SF’s DC. I suspect Shanahan has a lot more respect for Saleh than a lot of fans. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I mean what are we supposed to expect?

Garrison Hearst off tackle for 80 yard walkoff TD?

Or Raheem Mostert 80 yards untouched on the 1st play from scrimmage?

If Rodgers is even 75% of what he was in his prime, the Jets have more than enough talent to win

But X-factor is probably coaching

anakin skywalker hate GIF

Week 1 (and week 2) are always wonky because starters don’t play in the preseason anymore. Probably more mistakes on both sides of the ball than normal. 

You always want the tough teams early. Once the staff gets to see the team play 5 or 6 times they usually get cooking and normally are lights out after thanksgiving. 

This particular off season the 9ers had a couple issues. CMC just returned to practice yesterday and Aiyuk and Williams just showed up. 

The 9ers are the best roster in the league with the second best coaching staff playing at home in prime time and should be favored. 

Whatever happens I’m very confident that we will see a real contender on our side that can play all three phases 

• Upvote 2

All I want from week 1 is the Jets to make it through healthy and looking reasonably cohesive/competitive by the end.

Obviously this team has the talent to win, and I'd love that. But with a rusty Rodgers returning and a very difficult matchup, I'm reallllllly trying to manage expectations and look for positives. It's how this team is playing down the stretch that will count (think back to the 2022 hype of 5-2 through 7 games for recent evidence).

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Shanahan tried to hire Ulbrich away from the Jets to run his defense this offseason, and if Saleh finds himself out of work next year he’ll probably wind up as SF’s DC. I suspect Shanahan has a lot more respect for Saleh than a lot of fans. 

Saleh deserves credit for coaching up the defense and developing guys like Quincy Williams, but he's also got elite talent to work with.

What Shanahan does offensively scheming players into swaths of open grass and specifically with QBs to put them in a position to succeed, from Jimmy G to Nick Mullens to Purdy to whoever happens to be back there, is unbelievable.

I'm confident in saying Shanahan is a better head coach than Robert Saleh.

If Shanahan quit the 9ers, he'd have another head coaching offer within 30 seconds, whereas would have to go back to being a DC.

37 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

you know hes not wrong.....

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I read your post in Buffalo Bill's voice.

buffalo-bill-good-vibes.gif

• Haha 3

it's the first game of the season.  it really can go either way and really won't be indicative of how either team will finish.  usually the defenses are ahead of the offenses this early in the season.  the jets defense should be way more ready than the offense due to the large number of players coming back.  i think it's hard to gage how well the offense will play.  the game may come down to a special teams play like last season.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

All I want from week 1 is the Jets to make it through healthy and looking reasonably cohesive/competitive by the end.

Obviously this team has the talent to win, and I'd love that. But with a rusty Rodgers returning and a very difficult matchup, I'm reallllllly trying to manage expectations and look for positives. It's how this team is playing down the stretch that will count (think back to the 2022 hype of 5-2 through 7 games for recent evidence).

I agree completely. This game one is mostly likely a L, but there is a chance because week 1 is always a crap shoot. I don't think we pull it off but this is a came we can afford to loose.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wouldn't it be easier and more effective just to put us on ignore?

Have had him there for a while but when he's quoted, I still get sucked into reading his D-I-S-E-A-S-E-D posts.

🙄 I'd have to put the whole board on ignore, because there is no way to predict, whose going to quote his garbage next.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Have had him there for a while but when he's quoted, I still get sucked into reading his D-I-S-E-A-S-E-D posts.

🙄 I'd have to put the whole board on ignore, because there is no way to predict, whose going to quote his garbage next.

Huh, I do see your point there. I have played with the idea of hiding that little green thing he posts when I see it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think they call that Friday night at the Hackett residence. 

Only if this guy was still alive..

An illustration of John Harvey Kellogg and an early corn flakes advertisement

*related to electroshock treatment... 

Bullough shows that physical mutilation, bizarre harnesses, and electrical devices were all used to try and put a stop to masturbation.

• Haha 1