Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Doubt JD is trading up at least for a WR.  WR class is deep.  I think it’s more probable we trade down and grab an extra 2nd or 3rd

The main takeaway i get from this projection is that DJ knows the jets biggest need is wr.  He could have had them stay at 10 and take bowers.  Now, if rome is there at 9 would the jets swap a pick with chicago to get rome? 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Doubt JD is trading up at least for a WR.  WR class is deep.  I think it’s more probable we trade down and grab an extra 2nd or 3rd

JMO. With JD & Saleh entering the final year of their contracts, I am guessing any trade involving next years picks will require Woody's approval. He won't allow trading next yrs draft capital (especially their #1) in case he hires a new GM. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If they gave up a 2 next year that’s the most I’d do.  You can’t give up a 1 when they may have a top 10 pick again. 

For me, it’s less about what we gave up and more about:

1) there are a bunch of WRs with a 1st round grade in this draft. Just take one at 10. It’s not like MHJ is the only potential stud WR available. 

2) If we are trading out of 10, it makes infinitely more sense to trade down and recoup a 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

1) there are a bunch of WRs with a 1st round grade in this draft. Just take one at 10. It’s not like MHJ is the only potential stud WR available. 

2) If we are trading out of 10, it makes infinitely more sense to trade down and recoup a 2nd. 

I am not in favor of trading up for a wr.  I agree, they should stay at 10 and take their favorite wr.  Not bowers.  

Also agree that you trade back rather than up.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you tier WR it’s probably Harrison in his own tier, Odunze and Nabers in another tier, Thomas in a third tier by himself, and then whoever else.

If they can get Harrison without giving up a lot, which is unlikely, it’s reasonable. I actually don’t think Odunze or Nabers will be there at ten so if there hits a point only one is left I think it’s reasonable to go get them. Decent gap between them and Thomas.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s saying the jets are desperate for wr. 

Water is Wet. The sun is Hot... lol

MHJ is going in the top 5, I think that's a valid assumption. I don't see the Jets having the capital to make this move, and I don't see one getting made going from 10 to 5 for a 1st Round Swap and a 2025 2. Harbaugh will want assets this year, not next... and they just let Allen and Williams walk. It doesn't make sense from any logical standpoint. I think DJ is doing JD a favor by putting this out there to cause other teams to trade up for a guy the Jets know won't be there for them, hoping another guy they like drops. A lot of assumptions, but otherwise, it sounds like a report made just to throw SOMETHING out there on a slow news day..

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Water is Wet. The sun is Hot... lol

MHJ is going in the top 5, I think that's a valid assumption. I don't see the Jets having the capital to make this move, and I don't see one getting made going from 10 to 5 for a 1st Round Swap and a 2025 2. Harbaugh will want assets this year, not next... and they just let Allen and Williams walk. It doesn't make sense from any logical standpoint. I think DJ is doing JD a favor by putting this out there to cause other teams to trade up for a guy the Jets know won't be there for them, hoping another guy they like drops. A lot of assumptions, but otherwise, it sounds like a report made just to throw SOMETHING out there on a slow news day..

If the jets had a 2nd, i think it would be a more viable mock.  Not likely but at least they’d have assets to deal. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So we’re giving up next years’ 1 for a wr?

As a start.

More like this years #1, this year's #3, next years #1 and more.

You could pretty much say we'd be giving up the entire top of the 2024 and 2025 drafts for him.  Full Ditka.

Personally, not a fan of the idea.  I'd rather take Odzune in the 1st, Johnny Wilson in the 3rd, and whatever we'd get with our #1 and #2 next year than MHJ, good as he appears to be.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

As a start.

More like this years #1, this year's #3, next years #1 and more.

You could pretty much say we'd be giving up the entire top of the 2024 and 2025 drafts for him.  Full Ditka.

The only scenario i can see where the jets are trading up in round 1 is if a guy like maye slides to 8 and woody/jd are all in on that. 

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

JMO. With JD & Saleh entering the final year of their contracts, I am guessing any trade involving next years picks will require Woody's approval. He won't allow trading next yrs draft capital (especially their #1) in case he hires a new GM. 

he told you that? cool

• WTF? 1