Over Reaction City

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is supposed to be our "big season".  We weren't even competitive.  And they were missing their star RB, no less. 

We were down by 9 at halftime. Wasn't like we were getting smoked. That 3rd quarter is what hurt us bc it felt like we had the ball for like 2 minutes that whole quarter which never allowed us to get right back in it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it’s okay to be disgusted to the point of anger by what we saw, while still knowing it’s week 1 and may be an aberration.

This team has been hyped all summer as a viable playoff team. It’s reasonable to have expected them to be competitive last night. They were not.

100%.  I'm not saying nobody should be frustrated.  That was super disappointing.  I personally expected a low scoring game in the teens.  Was not expecting the Jets Dline to get manhandled like that but as you know, week 1 is not indicative of the rest of the season.  I do not think the Jets D is that bad and if anything, that was a nice wake up call for the team and coaching staff.

Just some recent history; the Jets got smoked by the Ravens week 1 in '22.  Gave up 3 passing TD's in that game, didnt happen again the rest of the season.   Jets were 6-3 before the bye before collapsing.    '23 stopped one of the top 3 scoring offenses in the league and shut down Josh Allen who led the league in TD's.  They started the season 1-0.  Proceed to lose the next 3, and then win the next 3 to get to 4-3 and we know what happened.

sh*tty loss, sucks to open the season like that in embarrassing fashion.  The whole team laid an egg basically  It means next to nothing as far as the rest of the season goes.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

End of the world... We suck again... Blah blah blah... 

The NFC Champs ran it straight down the Jets throat...

The run defense is disturbing... But most teams will not have the SF front line pushing them back... 

They lost the first game in SF against the NFC Champs... So what

Positives... The offense can move the ball... Morstead is awesome... No injuries... No presnap penalties... No illegal formations

But too many self inflicted injuries on offense.. Breece fumble... The lucky INT.... The drops... 

Jets were outclassed by a better team... Right now... Let's see how they respond... 

Fair points.  In many ways a loss like this is good.  Who would’ve figured Lazard would have such a good game?  Allen looked pretty good running and tyrod is a qb they can rely on to move the ball.  The defense just let purdy have too many throws to open receivers.  It looked like a couple of blown coverages. The run defense was pretty bad.  No doubt there was some home field refereeing going on but the niner line was really pushing the jet dline around.  Will reddick make that much of a difference?

Onto the titans.  The titans got beat bad and they will be tough to beat.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We were down by 9 at halftime. Wasn't like we were getting smoked. That 3rd quarter is what hurt us bc it felt like we had the ball for like 2 minutes that whole quarter which never allowed us to get right back in it.

Did you watch the game?!  We were ABSOLUTELY getting smoked at halftime.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Fair points.  In many ways a loss like this is good.  Who would’ve figured Lazard would have such a good game?  Allen looked pretty good running and tyrod is a qb they can rely on to move the ball.  The defense just let purdy have too many throws to open receivers.  It looked like a couple of blown coverages. The run defense was pretty bad.  No doubt there was some home field refereeing going on but the niner line was really pushing the jet dline around.  Will reddick make that much of a difference?

Onto the titans.  The titans got beat bad and they will be tough to beat.

Reddick would have made a difference on some of the passing downs... 

The run d is another issue 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

This has never been said before today.  Ever.

The rationalizing of the actual play on the field and the future results has been said around here for years.  How about dealing with today’s reality and letting the season play out.  Were 4 and 1 after 5 games is nothing more than blather until it happens.

• Upvote 1

It’s not the end of the world but this repetitive pattern of the Jets appearing soft and unprepared. That’s coaching. Sometimes Saleh is too much slogan and does not get his teams ready for the challenge. 

The defense was just awful. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Biggs said:

The rationalizing of the actual play on the field and the future results has been said around here for years.  How about dealing with today’s reality and letting the season play out.  Were 4 and 1 after 5 games is nothing more than blather until it happens.

Blather?  How dare you.  I'm always right.

The niners left numerous tds on the field by drops and penalties- three of those fgs should have been tds - the game was even worse than the score indicated- we let a relatively unknown rb put almost 150 on us - cmac would have rushed for 300 if he played 

The biggest disappointment continues to be the coaching.  You had to know how the niners were going to attack the defense.  Everyone knows the Jets are susceptible to the inside run game.  And Tight ends.  You knew it was coming.  I expected better.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Biggs said:

I thought you wrote in that style to compensate for a troubled childhood.  Get a puppy.  Unlike the Jets it will love you back. 

I lost both my dogs in a 6 month period this year, one was 3, the other 6.  Thanks Biggs.  You really know how to make someone feel good.

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The niners left numerous tds on the field by drops and penalties- three of those fgs should have been tds - the game was even worse than the score indicated- we let a relatively unknown rb put almost 150 on us - cmac would have rushed for 300 if he played 

They dominated the game and if the jets really have a contending roster they would have looked more competitive.  As bad as the defense looked im more concerned about the offense - same problems - predictable, not using the right personnel, forcing it to breece and wilson.  They drafted a LT, wr and rb and didn’t use them at all.  Typical. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I lost both my dogs in a 6 month period this year, one was 3, the other 6.  Thanks Biggs.  You really know how to make someone feel good.

Awful to loss a loved Pet.  Get another dog.  They need you as much as you need them.  I’ve buried a lot of dogs and cats over the years.  Always heartbreaking but I always end up with another one and do my best to give it a good home.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, green&white said:

The biggest disappointment continues to be the coaching.  You had to know how the niners were going to attack the defense.  Everyone knows the Jets are susceptible to the inside run game.  And Tight ends.  You knew it was coming.  I expected better.  

The coaching continues to be exposed esp. on offense, imo, b/c now you can’t blame anything on zach wilson.  You got williams and drafted weapons.  This team seems destined for mediocrity and if they don’t eke out a wc the offseason is at least going to be interesting

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Losing by 9 with a whole half to play is getting smoked?

Did you watch the game?  It was all but over by halftime.  They absolutely dominated our defense at the LOS.  In some ways, that's the worst kind of loss.  They were so much more physical than we were.  We didn't belong on the same field as them.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The run defense is disturbing... But most teams will not have the SF front line pushing them back... 

Positives... The offense can move the ball... Morstead is awesome... No injuries... No presnap penalties... No illegal formations

But too many self inflicted injuries on offense.. Breece fumble... The lucky INT.... The drops... 

Jets were outclassed by a better team... Right now... Let's see how they respond... 

But weren’t you surprised how terribly awful the run defense was? The team was really out coached and unprepared.

2 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

But weren’t you surprised how terribly awful the run defense was? The team was really out coached and unprepared.

I was more surprised by how awful the offense was.  We’ve sat here lamenting how with qbs like wilson the defense is overworked, so we assumed with rodgers we’d get some sustained drives, more points and the d would be better.  But no.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets1958 said:

No because this defense always gets beat by the run year after year... This defense is built to play with leads... When the other team is forced into pass mode is when the d thrives... 

Unfortunately I have no confidence they can fix the run d... People will state that Reddick sees money from this result which I disagree... He will do nothing to help the Run d. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we truly have expectations of a deep playoff run then that performance (being "completely outclassed") is unacceptable.  Saleh had all offseason to prepare for this game.  

While I kinda agree, to play devil's advocate, remember the Chiefs getting beat by the Lions week 1 last year? A team that hadn't even made the playoffs the year before? Or the Broncos for that matter... 

It's any given Sunday in this league. Definitely worried and disappointed with the team's performance, but we'll see if this becomes a reality check for the team or if it's a herald of worse things to come....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did you watch the game?  It was all but over by halftime.  They absolutely dominated our defense at the LOS.  In some ways, that's the worst kind of loss.  They were so much more physical than we were.  We didn't belong on the same field as them.

Yes I watched the whole game. Not at all saying we looked good.

But at halftime we were down by 9. That's still 100% still in a game with a whole half to play.

Where it went wrong was that we looked flat coming out in the 2nd half. Not scoring and barely having the ball.

We come out and stop them to start the half and go down and score we're down by 2 with a whole quarter plus to play.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But at halftime we were down by 9. That's still 100% still in a game with a whole half to play.

Where it went wrong was that we looked flat coming out in the 2nd half. Not scoring and barely having the ball.

We come out and stop them to start the half and go down and score we're down by 2 with a whole quarter plus to play.

Even down 9 in the first half, if they had even one more decent drive in the first half that lead is 6 or 3.  The offense looked flat, predictable and rusty.  This game was a tune up.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Even down 9 in the first half, if they had even one more decent drive in the first half that lead is 6 or 3.  The offense looked flat, predictable and rusty.  This game was a tune up.

Absolutely. I do expect teams to try to run right at us these next few weeks until we can show we can stop it. SF OL isn't as good as we made them look. And we had mason looking like he was CMC.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You have to be realistic.  It's like a boxing match where one fighter is blasting the other fighter in the chest.  It's only a matter of time before the guy keels over.  It was abundantly clear that we getting our faces smashed in by halftime.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Agreed on most. Disappointing they didn’t show better but it’s week 1 and a tough opponent. 

Ot. There was definitely one declined illegal formation, pretty sure it was called on the guard 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we truly have expectations of a deep playoff run then that performance (being "completely outclassed") is unacceptable.  Saleh had all offseason to prepare for this game.  

Yup I agree with you . Same people saying that JD has built a championship roster, that we are all in etc etc …are now saying ..” hey yea we got embarrassed, bullied , and outclassed from 1 to 53 ….but the  49ers have a championship roster so it’s fine !” 

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Week 1 Overreactions are basically an institution around the NFL.  They happen ever year and nobody ever learns.   Not shocked at all to see so many whiny babies crying about the game and acting like this indicates anything about the season.  If you know the NFL, you know, that week 1 means absolutely nothing and you can take absolutely nothing away from any teams performance.

The Jets were always losing this game, they have Will Levis, Jacoby Brissett, Bo Nix and Sam Darnold up next.

4-1 here we come!

It’s less about losing, more about how we lost, I’d say.

Hope you’re right about that 4-1. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Yup I agree with you . Same people saying that JD has built a championship roster, that we are all in etc etc …are now saying ..” hey yea we got embarrassed, bullied , and outclassed from 1 to 53 ….but the  49ers have a championship roster so it’s fine !” 

The people who thought this was a top 5 roster weren’t looking at the roster. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1