Over Reaction City

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Sure, but he should have gotten a few touches during the game to actually see what he could have done when the running game wasn't doing anything. 

Yeah I dunno, you play your best players when the game is still within reach. I'd agree if the Jets had huge time of possession and Breece was getting gassed.

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

End of the world... We suck again... Blah blah blah... 

The NFC Champs ran it straight down the Jets throat...

The run defense is disturbing... But most teams will not have the SF front line pushing them back... 

They lost the first game in SF against the NFC Champs... So what

Positives... The offense can move the ball... Morstead is awesome... No injuries... No presnap penalties... No illegal formations

But too many self inflicted injuries on offense.. Breece fumble... The lucky INT.... The drops... 

Jets were outclassed by a better team... Right now... Let's see how they respond... 

You be right if the Jets lost by a TD but for a contender they got destroyed The defense got run over by a 3rd string RB. To make it more embarrassing the defense look tired winded by the 2nd qtr they looked totally unprepared that's very disturbing given the fact Saleh had all summer to prep for that game and have wasted 6 years under Douglas rebuilding the team should have performed. I'm sure they will win game against rebuilding teams like Denver but if they can't match up with SF how they even making the playoffs?  

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

C'mon man. This is ridiculous.

You must be old enough to remember 2010, right?

December 6th in New England: Patriots 45, Jets 3

January 16th in New England, Jets 28, Patriots 21

It's week one.

R-E-L-A-X

Rex took us to the AFC CG the year before (his 1st with the team).  Plus that loss dropped us to 9-3 on the year (in 2010).

Meanwhile, Robert Saleh is in his 4th season and he's 18-34 with 0 playoff appearances.

So forgive me if I gave Rex a little slack in 2010 but am less forgiving about the current guy in charge.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Thinking this is a super bowl team is the overreaction 

Every year we do it to ourselves 

Here's a wild idea the Jets suck until they prove otherwise on the field 

Huge shocker that they’ve been fielding the same team and staff for 3 seasons and they look the same. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Thinking this is a super bowl team is the overreaction 

Every year we do it to ourselves 

Here's a wild idea the Jets suck until they prove otherwise on the field 

disgusting hater

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, kmnj said:

It is not 

they were not at full strength and destroyed us and they left tons of points in the board

this was a reality check to the insane people that thought we have a top 5 roster and to Joe fanboys who think results don’t matter and overhype the talent to absurd levels based on names on a paper 

we have a terrible coach and he is joes guy

It is going to be another long season 

McCagnan JN account? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yeah I dunno, you play your best players when the game is still within reach. I'd agree if the Jets had huge time of possession and Breece was getting gassed.

You have to play Hall 100% of the snaps especially when they aren't running well? Allen looked good in preseason. No reason you can't give him a few touches to spell Hall and for a change of pace. 

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You have to play Hall 100% of the snaps especially when they aren't running well? Allen looked good in preseason. No reason you can't give him a few touches to spell Hall and for a change of pace. 

Hall has 16 runs and Jets had the ball only 20 minutes all game. Not like they were grinding him into the dirt. So yes, when the game was in reach, you absolutely play the proven stud. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I mean, it’s pretty rare for a modern team to give one back ALL of the carries. 

Allen is really talented - they should definitely give him a few touches, especially in short yardage where Breece has struggled at times 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, it’s pretty rare for a modern team to give one back ALL of the carries. 

Allen is really talented - they should definitely give him a few touches, especially in short yardage where Breece has struggled at times 

It's also really rare for a team to only have 20 minutes TOS. It's the lowest such figure in Rodgers' 20 year career. This was an aberrational game. Breece didn't need a breather. You play your best man. Period dot.

And anyway, there are 50 coaching decisions more worthy of our scorn.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

It's also really rare for a team to only have 20 minutes TOS. It's the lowest such figure in Rodger's 20 year career. This was an aberrational game. Breece didn't need a breather. You play your best man. Period dot.

Agreed that he didn’t need a breather, but they still should give Allen his share of touches going forward.

He will help keep Breece fresh and will absolutely make plays if given the opportunity. He also has a lot of potential on short yardage and Breece has had issues there. 

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Don't worry. It will be back to having basically already won the Superbowl after beating up on XFL teams the next couple weeks.

Now the Titans and Pats are XFL teams? Both could easily be 1-0 and the Pats just won in Cincy. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed that he didn’t need a breather, but they still should give Allen his share of touches going forward.

He will help keep Breece fresh and will absolutely make plays if given the opportunity. He also has a lot of potential on short yardage and Breece has had issues there. 

Yeah, just going to have to largely disagree. Breece has already established himself as a top 3 NFL back and we had a woeful TOP and no one was being overworked. But yeah sure, if he needs a blow during a game, send in Allen. Monday wasn't that situation.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah, just going to have to largely disagree. Breece has already established himself as a top 3 NFL back and we had a woeful TOP and no one was being overworked. But yeah sure, if he needs a blow during a game, send in Allen. Monday wasn't that situation.

Yeah, my comment is less about Monday and more about wanting to see Allen get some carries going forward, particularly on short yardage. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I hope so 

Allen will help. 

and actually, what I’d really like to see is both of them on the field at the same time

Would be nice to see them play a game where the running game is needed to kill the clock

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Would be nice to see them play a game where the running game is needed to kill the clock

Yea 

That would be nice. A double digit lead?!?

can you imagine? Other than the meaningless wins over the Commanders and Pats last year, when is the last time we led by 10+ points over anyone? 

• Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yea 

That would be nice. A double digit lead?!?

can you imagine? Other than the meaningless wins over the Commanders and Pats last year, when is the last time we led by 10+ points over anyone? 

If they don’t win next week, this place is going to enter DEFCON 1. For the board’s collective cardiac health, I hope the Jets trounce the Titans.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Of course, because you’re a Jets fan. I do, too.

So the thing is, I feared the Tennessee game before last night. It would be a classic trap game if we had won. Short week after the big showdown with the 49ers? Back to back road game? Everyone picking the jets? Good rushing team with a good DL? Not necessarily the best matchup for us. 

what gives me hope is that we just got killed on national TV and should be focused. That actually makes me feel a little better. But yea, I still see issues with this matchup for us. Gonna have to play a lot better to win this one. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So the thing is, I feared the Tennessee game before last night. It would be a classic trap game if we had won. Short week after the big showdown with the 49ers? Back to back road game? Everyone picking the jets? Good rushing team with a good DL? Not necessarily the best matchup for us. 

what gives me hope is that we just got killed on national TV and should be focused. That actually makes me feel a little better. But yea, I still see issues with this matchup for us. Gonna have to play a lot better to win this one. 

Here we are only week 2 and jets already desperate for a statement game 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Now the Titans and Pats are XFL teams? Both could easily be 1-0 and the Pats just won in Cincy. 

Yeah the last thing we should be doing is calling the next opponent garbage. It’s like some of us have forgotten this is the jets we are talking about. 

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2024 at 6:28 AM, The Voice of Reason said:

End of the world... We suck again... Blah blah blah... 

The NFC Champs ran it straight down the Jets throat...

The run defense is disturbing... But most teams will not have the SF front line pushing them back... 

They lost the first game in SF against the NFC Champs... So what

Positives... The offense can move the ball... Morstead is awesome... No injuries... No presnap penalties... No illegal formations

But too many self inflicted injuries on offense.. Breece fumble... The lucky INT.... The drops... 

Jets were outclassed by a better team... Right now... Let's see how they respond... 

I don't know what your talking about.  There is never overreaction here.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Here we are only week 2 and jets already desperate for a statement game 

Saleh and jd, but particularly saleh, is on life support.  If he can’t get the team to 3-3 to start this season the media will start calling for his head - especially if rodgers keeps getting the rust off and it’s clear he’s not the problem. 

• Upvote 1