Reddick more then ever now

MysticalJet2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The Josina report (which is the Reddick agent report) is that Reddick wants Huff’s AAV for this year ($17mm) and a make-good for the penalties. That’d look like a 2/$40~ish deal that gets him $24mm in cash and makes him a surefire cut or restructure this offseason. The Jets obviously don’t have $24mm in cap space, so there’d be dead money kicked down the line. What’s helping Reddick beyond the JJ injury is that the Bengals and Lions are reportedly interested in trading for him, which presupposes that they’d also pay him enough to get him to report. Douglas’ leverage is what, Takk McKinley? 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

2 year 48 million probably gets it done.  He's down 8 mil so 2 years at 40.

Don't have to pay JJ for couple years now. 

If we can fit him in without losing anyone major and we'd only have to sign him for 2 years then then I'm not sure I understand what the hold up is.

Is there any chance Woody doesn't want JD to sign any big contracts because both JD and Saleh are on the hot seat?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Josina report (which is the Reddick agent report) is that Reddick wants Huff’s AAV for this year ($17mm) and a make-good for the penalties. That’d look like a 2/$40~ish deal that gets him $24mm in cash and makes him a surefire cut or restructure this offseason. The Jets obviously don’t have $24mm in cap space, so there’d be dead money kicked down the line. What’s helping Reddick beyond the JJ injury is that the Bengals and Lions are reportedly interested in trading for him, which presupposes that they’d also pay him enough to get him to report. Douglas’ leverage is what, Takk McKinley? 

If they bang out a 2-year deal there's no reason to have $24MM hit the 2024 cap. They'd backload as much as they need to. Truthfully, they'd probably backload most of it, and if they use the leftover they use it & if they don't then it pushes to 2025. 

IOW if they do something like this, in theory his 2024 cap number would drop lower than its original $14.25MM. 

Also if it's 2/$40MM and they pay him $24MM in 2024, that'd leave just $16MM for 2025. Jets wouldn't cut him at such a low number unless he sucked, but if he is cuttable after this season then what the hell was Reddick's "I need guarantees for 2025+" holdout all about?

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If they bang out a 2-year deal there's no reason to have $24MM hit the 2024 cap. They'd backload as much as they need to. Truthfully, they'd probably backload most of it, and if they use the leftover they use it & if they don't then it pushes to 2025. 

IOW if they do something like this, in theory his 2024 cap number would drop lower than its original $14.25MM. 

Also if it's 2/$40MM and they pay him $24MM in 2024, that'd leave just $16MM for 2025. Jets wouldn't cut him at such a low number unless he sucked, but if he is cuttable after this season then what the hell was Reddick's "I need guarantees for 2025+" holdout all about?

I was working off the Josina tweet that suggested Reddick would be amenable to a one year payout of Huff+Fines and they’d deal with 2025 later. Is it out there that he wants 2025 locked up too? 

Can't believe I'm reading this stuff...

You do NOT change the long term potential success/reputation of your franchise for a holdout who hasn't played a down for you because someone got injured.  Why not just put a 'kick me' sign on your back and be done with it.

Football is a TEAM game, and Reddick has done NOTHING to show he even wants to be a part of this team...all he's done is hold out on his valid contract come hell or high water.

It is what it is, which is a sh*t show...but that's no reason to cave as an organization.  You'll invite other similar situations.

It's simple from the Jets standpoint....we'll guarantee your remaining money on your existing deal, erase the pre-season fines and give you incentives.  Come in and be part of the team, produce and we'll talk another contract going forward.  Otherwise, stay at home and GFY.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You do NOT change the long term potential success/reputation of your franchise for a holdout who hasn't played a down for you because someone got injured.  Why not just put a 'kick me' sign on your back and be done with it.

Football is a TEAM game, and Reddick has done NOTHING to show he even wants to be a part of this team...all he's done is hold out on his valid contract come hell or high water.

It is what it is, which is a sh*t show...but that's no reason to cave as an organization.  You'll invite other similar situations.

It's simple from the Jets standpoint....we'll guarantee your remaining money on your existing deal, erase the pre-season fines and give you incentives.  Come in and be part of the team, produce and we'll talk another contract going forward.  Otherwise, stay at home and GFY.

Long term doesnt matter.  We have a qb on his last legs and a gm/coach on the hot seat.

We havent been good in 15 years.

Win now is the only mode every person in this organization should be in.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Long term doesnt matter.  We have a qb on his last legs and a gm/coach on the hot seat.

A QB that you apparently think is washed....wow.

If JD threw in the towel and granted Reddick's wishes at this point, due to JJ's injury...I might even call for him to be canned.

It's no way to run  successful organization 

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We're 1-1, and doing just fine.

Sherwood filled in just fine for Mosley, and the D looked at least the same if not better in the second half after JJ went down.

Reddick wither wants to be here, or he doesn't.  Make him decide.  People are more motivated when they make a decision on their own behalf...if he gets his 'payday' from a franchise that he has never played for and a team he doesn't even know who knows what happens.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He'll still be here for the final 6 games of the year.  Sure, he'll fake an injury once he gets credit for being here for the year but Jets.

He has to be here before the last 6 games of the year or he gets no credit for this season.  He has to be here BEFORE game 6 to get credit for this season.

3 hours ago, Vader said:

if GW can be neutralized like today, that becomes a different calculus. You easily make the decision to sign Reddick over breece but not GW or Sauce. 

It's a more difficult situation with the Rodgers window, GW potentially not the A1 dominant WR, and the JJ injury.

Don't think Breece is getting resigned that's why they drafted Allen the guy proved today that's Jets will be fine without Breece also JD is from management that doesn't give RBs large contracts because their career is short.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think it's pretty much a guarantee he gets a new deal soon after JJ going down. Dick move by him but an injury was always something that would benefit him.

I disagree.  The Jets are not going to extend him.  If they do, they could wind up losing one of Sauce, Wilson, JJ and Breece.

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He feels the jets ****ed him over on a long term contract since other teams were willing to trade for him... 

He hates the Jets and wants to **** them over 

No one was interested in trading for Reddick.  The Jets were the only team to call the Eagles, so Reddick is delusional.  Eff him.  I hope he never plays again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vader said:

if GW can be neutralized like today, that becomes a different calculus. You easily make the decision to sign Reddick over breece but not GW or Sauce. 

It's a more difficult situation with the Rodgers window, GW potentially not the A1 dominant WR, and the JJ injury.

No you don't easily make the decision to sign Reddick over Breece.  Eff Reddick.

Im not caving if im JD. Ya JJ getting injured sucks. But we still had 4 sacks today and actually should’ve had more. But Levi’s had a couple really nice scrambles that very few QBs can do. TEN also has a decent OL.

So see how we do against NE and DEN.

That all being said I don’t like Clemons out there. I’d rather see Takk or our UDFA rookie out there.

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

For a successful organization, the JJ injury means nothing related to Reddick. 

If he wanted to be here, on his valid contract (and I am certain he agreed to come in and talk/attend camp before the trade), he’d be there. Anyone holding out for injury leverage, especially someone that hasn’t played even a down for the TEAM… is an a$$hole. 

If Reddicks agents now start calling JD since the injury, JDs response should be GFY. 

JD should call his agents after 24 hrs and offer to erase the fines, guarantee his deal for this season minus the missed game checks and offer a per sack attainable bonus to try and make Reddick whole for this year…otherwise, tell Reddick to have a nice life, and we’ll talk again next off season.  Both need to save face here…Reddick and JD. 

No NFL GM can manage a TEAM by giving at this point a  mercenary player his wishes. 

The fines cannot be erased.  They are part of the CBA and are mandated.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well he'd have to give him a $6MM bump just to bring Reddick back to the original amount.

I don't think Reddick will go for that. In the preseason I thought they'd settle on $20MM for the year, but what Reddick wants, more than a bump for this season, is a guaranteed major payday for 2025 whether he's healthy enough to play or not. 

It may seem like there's a middle ground to be agreed upon here, with a bump for this season, but - while I hope that happens - I don't think it's very likely. 

The inherent problem that's being overlooked is today should cause Reddick to dig his already dug-in heels even deeper. I mean, he just watched JJII go out for the season with a serious injury that'll keep every team from offering Reddick any (serious) guaranteed money next year.

Johnson's injury is precisely what Reddick is afraid of, and it's the source of this whole standoff (from Reddick's standpoint). I don't  think finding another $5MM for him for the season is going to solve that. 

I don't understand your perspective on this.  Please elucidate why Reddick was afraid of JJ's injury and why no team will now give Reddick serious guaranteed money.

44 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Once again, the fines cannot be erased.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I've heard this Reddick called many things ., but smart was never one of them... Lucky ... Perhaps ... But smart ... That would be like calling a barrel cactus in the middle of the desert a bottle of Fiji water.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You’re on a Jets board. It took 2.8 years for the idea that Zach sucks to reach you.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was working off the Josina tweet that suggested Reddick would be amenable to a one year payout of Huff+Fines and they’d deal with 2025 later. Is it out there that he wants 2025 locked up too? 

He said he was holding out over guarantees. If he showed up this year from the start, his full year would've been guaranteed. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

I don't understand your perspective on this.  Please elucidate why Reddick was afraid of JJ's injury and why no team will now give Reddick serious guaranteed money.

Reddick wants more money guaranteed than just pay for this season. After seeing a bigger, younger, stronger player sustain an injury that may yet affect the rest of his career for the worse, it should only strengthen his resolve that he was right to hold out for more guaranteed than just the current season (seeing how this season would've been guaranteed for injury had he just shown up in the first place).

I never said no team will now give him serious money. I'm saying if he replicates JJII's injury and then heads into free agency in March then no team will then give Reddick serious guaranteed money. 

• Upvote 2